Low Dose Finasteride

What is the lowest dose of finasteride that is still likely to provide most of its effectiveness?  I saw one study that showed a dose as low as 0.2mg per day was still around 75% as effective as 1.0mg.   Trying to diminish some side effects without stopping completely.  Thoughts?

19 minutes ago, SBSinNYC said:

What is the lowest dose of finasteride that is still likely to provide most of its effectiveness?  I saw one study that showed a dose as low as 0.2mg per day was still around 75% as effective as 1.0mg.   Trying to diminish some side effects without stopping completely.  Thoughts?

Scalp DHT reductions with various doses of finasteride:

fin-dose-graph.png

Off them stats alone, would it not make sense for someone to bring out a 0.2 pill that would put a lot of people at ease and probably sell a shed load? Seems a missed opportunity to me since cutting up already small pills is a tedious task yet popular. 

Anyone fancy setting up a factory? Plenty of cheap property about 😀

4 hours ago, Curious25 said:

If the reduction in DHT is still more or less the same as taking 1mg and 5mg daily, why should the side effects be less so? 

Very valid point. The problem with Finasteride is there is no money to be made from doing any research on it as it's unpatented. 

Maybe the extra 5-10% of DHT in their system due to the lower dose is just enough to keep them above the threshold of too low DHT so they avoid the low libido, brain fog etc. 

Wont work for everyone but if 1mg leaves you with not enough DHT to function then getting that little bit extra still in your system for some will be enough, worth a try for anyone that cant handle the full dose rather then stop completely in my opinion.