Once and for all, is HAIR OF ISTANBUL legitimate?

Hair of Istanbul have the biggest social media following of any clinic I’ve seen with 1.3 million Instagram followers. They also have the most consistent results I’ve seen from a clinic ( from what I’ve seen on their Instagram). Are they just really good at marketing or Is it legitimate? And should I go there?

Edited by Momo said

@Momo saidYou continue to open discussions on Turkish clinics even though some of us (including me) have already answered you about how it works in Turkey with regard to hair transplantation.  I repeat that you absolutely must not rely on the videos you see on the instagram, facebook, google profiles about these clinics or pseudo-clinics, let alone be duped by their representatives.  The only way not to regret having made a big mistake by relying on one of these clinics is to look for real patients, especially on this forum, who have posted photos of the procedure and updated their progress month after month.  If you have already decided to go there, good luck.

• Like 1

No, you shouldn't go there, avoid them like hell.

I browsed through the first 30-40 followers and then stopped. They have nothing to do with the clinic, random people from all around the world, they got those followers via apps like Gramblr and Combin where you buy credits and get random followers in return. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBN09uYJ3TN/ --> Check out this result (video,9th slide) and tell me it looks natural with that pluggy, straight hairline?

As for the photos, they can photoshop them, but it's harder to fool anyone on video. 

Edited by UnbaldEagle
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Honestly, I wouldn't bother with Turkish clinics, there's only a few arguably safe choices there and even them might pressure you into using too many grafts (like Asmed), thereby leaving you with a near depleted donor. 

You've got 8K saved and you have so many better options with that budget (even some of the recommended ones by HRN) than cheap Turkish clinics. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Are their legitimate patient reviews? Have you ever seen a review that wasn’t posted by them on Instagram?

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I’m not going to even get in to their marketing or quality or lack thereof of their results. I just think it’s interesting how they attract the same type of dudes to their clinic. Maybe it’s because of this guy? 👇

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/9658827/jeremy-mcconnell-quits-fame-to-become-director-of-a-hair-transplant-clinic-in-turkey

🤷‍♂️

5CA93149-08C0-45AD-8C44-CAFD4DEF14B1.jpeg

126744EC-0BFD-4817-A608-58D93E76CACB.jpeg

4E8722AA-13F7-40BE-8F9A-C29E5C239E01.jpeg

58442048-EABF-4368-89FB-F14FC25AE81A.jpeg

CC23454F-A77F-4B6A-94B3-D61AB03083B1.jpeg

A58EFF90-4001-46E9-9622-DC2421F44689.jpeg

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, UnbaldEagle said:

Honestly, I wouldn't bother with Turkish clinics, there's only a few arguably safe choices there and even them might pressure you into using too many grafts (like Asmed), thereby leaving you with a near depleted donor. 

You've got 8K saved and you have so many better options with that budget (even some of the recommended ones by HRN) than cheap Turkish clinics. 

What do you think of doctor Resul Yaman? And who do you recommend? 

2 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Are their legitimate patient reviews? Have you ever seen a review that wasn’t posted by them on Instagram?

True, but a lot of the time they actually tag the patient themselves, and their profile is always legitimate 

Here is the thing..Personally i would never consider having an HT in any turkish clinic,no matter how good some of their results appear to be.Exception to that is dr Erdogan but only if the surgery is being done by him.

It seems that hit or miss is the rule in turkish clinics,and while we all know that in every ht there is the possibility of something going wrong ,choosing a turkish clinic increases the chances of that.What i hate most in this type of clinics is the fact that you almost never get the ht done by a doctor himself but by their techs,and while they may be good and experienced they are not doctors.I would never feel confident have someone who is not a doctor operate on me and everyone should be thinking the same way.

A friend of mine had his ht done in this clinic 2 years ago and although he expected the doctor to operate the surgery ,that never happened.He only drew the hairline and then the techs did the rest,while doctor was supervising them.And although many will think that him supervising is good enough remember that in these "supermarket" clinics there are so many patients who undergo a surgery at the same time that doctor doesn't have the time to be checking on the patients continuously.

Yes they have some legit results but when it comes to donor management they are far behind ,in my friend's case they didn't even care to do a thorough analysis of his donor area before the surgery started and he was never informed how many more grafts his donor can give in the future.Stay away and stick to doctors that are members of ISHRS.

Edited by Storyteller
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Egy said:

@Storyteller Everything exactly what you say in your post, but even if the doctor is a member of the ISHRS it is absolutely not a guarantee.

Indeed there will always be a risk but the question we need to ask ourselves is what can we possibly do to minimize it.

If a surgery performed by a good doctor leaves you with a result that doesn't meet your initial expectations you feel bad ,but at least you know that you chose the best and that what you got is the best you could get.

Will someone be able to feel the same way if the surgery is done by techs or by a doctor who is not a known member in the ht community?

I firmly believe that in the second case,you will be left with doubts as to how better things could have gone,had you had the surgery done by a reputable doctor.

Edited by Storyteller

Certainly.  But it seems to me that I have read somewhere, that being part of the IHRS does not require anything special except the payment of a membership fee, and I think I have also read that some very respectable surgeons, who have produced results  beautiful in their ht, they are not part of it, but again, I'm not sure, some veteran member of the forum can deny me?

• Like 1

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Egy said:

Certainly.  But it seems to me that I have read somewhere, that being part of the IHRS does not require anything special except the payment of a membership fee, and I think I have also read that some very respectable surgeons, who have produced results  beautiful in their ht, they are not part of it, but again, I'm not sure, some veteran member of the forum can deny me?

Yes that is true, they only require academic credentials, not quality. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 11/25/2020 at 11:17 PM, Sam818 said:

A58EFF90-4001-46E9-9622-DC2421F44689.jpeg

I'm dying to see the outcome of this. That hairline looks way too low.

That said, HOI social media game is on point! Kudos to whoever is doing that. 

Actually some good doctors left recently ISHRS but some poor quality MDs atill registered, there are more contemporary associations today.

• Like 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

Whats with all these post ops pics of guys covered in tattoos? Are they going into prison yards and giving free procedures to boost inmate morale?? Hopefully because I certainly wouldn't want them on the outside able to take revenge when they realize the ugly duckling phase is never going to end! xD

But then maybe these guys aren't so tough, tattoos of a William Wallace Braveheart quote, Girard Butler's King Leonidas from 300? Pffft. 9_9

On 11/27/2020 at 11:43 AM, Storyteller said:

Here is the thing..Personally i would never consider having an HT in any turkish clinic,no matter how good some of their results appear to be.Exception to that is dr Erdogan but only if the surgery is being done by him.

It seems that hit or miss is the rule in turkish clinics,and while we all know that in every ht there is the possibility of something going wrong ,choosing a turkish clinic increases the chances of that.What i hate most in this type of clinics is the fact that you almost never get the ht done by a doctor himself but by their techs,and while they may be good and experienced they are not doctors.I would never feel confident have someone who is not a doctor operate on me and everyone should be thinking the same way.

A friend of mine had his ht done in this clinic 2 years ago and although he expected the doctor to operate the surgery ,that never happened.He only drew the hairline and then the techs did the rest,while doctor was supervising them.And although many will think that him supervising is good enough remember that in these "supermarket" clinics there are so many patients who undergo a surgery at the same time that doctor doesn't have the time to be checking on the patients continuously.

Yes they have some legit results but when it comes to donor management they are far behind ,in my friend's case they didn't even care to do a thorough analysis of his donor area before the surgery started and he was never informed how many more grafts his donor can give in the future.Stay away and stick to doctors that are members of ISHRS.

Did your friend get a good result?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHiVS1HDSBk/

lots of red flags even from the pics on their IG - completely un-natural hair design, lots of one-size-fits-all approach examples, and particularly with this one, aggressive hairline is completely unrealistic compared to the recessed temples

Edited by home1212

9 hours ago, Coady said:

Did your friend get a good result?

Well,his hairloss was not that bad,he had his temples fixed and the hairline,he had some recession but the crown didn't need anything.His result is good but that doesn't mean anything.I asked him if he would have made the same decision if he knew how things work in these low cost clinics and his answer was clear,no he wouldn't!

w

• 1 year later...