Density Saifi

I am hoping to have a hair transplant with Dr Saifi in a few weeks. I will probably go for FUE but I still haven't ruled out FUT. Like most people I want an awesome result with wonderful density.

However, I saw a post on this forum where a patient of Dr Saifi's received an FUE transplant and didn't get great density. This worries me. I don't want to need a second transplant a few months down the line, and I don't want to be left with an unsatisfying result.

Should I be worried or is there a good chance that I'll get an awesome result?

Also I've noticed loads of people say one side of the hairline grows better than the other. What's the deal with this?

I'm kind of shitting it lol.

• Administrators

Every surgeon has cases of unhappy patients or negative reviews. If you have researched enough and spoken to enough past patients to form a good opinion, I would say trust in the process and in your decision. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

6 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Every surgeon has cases of unhappy patients or negative reviews. If you have researched enough and spoken to enough past patients to form a good opinion, I would say trust in the process and in your decision. 

Ok. Most results do seem good and patients do seem happy. But having seen results that are not as mind-blowing there's always that niggling doubt. I'll try to remain optimistic. Thanks.

You think Saifi seems safe? I think he seems great too but there's still the tiny niggling doubt that it might not turn out to be amazing but I guess these kind of nerves are just natural.

I spoke to an aesthethic doctor here in Dublin, Dr Peter Prendergast, and he assured me that Dr Anastasakis is absolutely brilliant. He received a transplant from Dr Anastasakis himself and he is delighted with the results, therefore I am comfortable in suggesting that Anastasakis is really good.

• Like 1

Based on the results posted by patients on this forum, I'd say Saifi is pretty safe, yeah. 

You can never expect perfection from HTs, especially from a first procedure, usually it takes more than one, if you're really lucky one might do it, but this again depends on your own expectations. I'd say you should lower the bar to expecting a good result, rather than an amazing result that would solve all your hair loss issues. I really like Melvin's post, the illusion of density, I think it's very on point with the reality of hair restoration. 

I'm in need of a 2nd procedure and will go with a renowned clinic but I can't and don't expect to turn back time and have the same hair as before any hair loss occurred. Still, if you're hoping for an improvement that's always the right approach. 

10 minutes ago, Rossybop said:

I spoke to an aesthethic doctor here in Dublin, Dr Peter Prendergast, and he assured me that Dr Anastasakis is absolutely brilliant. He received a transplant from Dr Anastasakis himself and he is delighted with the results, therefore I am comfortable in suggesting that Anastasakis is really good.

Okay, this is actually very interesting. I couldn't find any Anastasakis cases so far, however I just found the clinics FB page and the results there are stellar. It would nice to see some actual patients posting their results though. 

1 hour ago, UnbaldEagle said:

Based on the results posted by patients on this forum, I'd say Saifi is pretty safe, yeah. 

You can never expect perfection from HTs, especially from a first procedure, usually it takes more than one, if you're really lucky one might do it, but this again depends on your own expectations. I'd say you should lower the bar to expecting a good result, rather than an amazing result that would solve all your hair loss issues. I really like Melvin's post, the illusion of density, I think it's very on point with the reality of hair restoration. 

I'm in need of a 2nd procedure and will go with a renowned clinic but I can't and don't expect to turn back time and have the same hair as before any hair loss occurred. Still, if you're hoping for an improvement that's always the right approach. 

Okay, this is actually very interesting. I couldn't find any Anastasakis cases so far, however I just found the clinics FB page and the results there are stellar. It would nice to see some actual patients posting their results though. 

Saifi does seem good but I found at least 1 review here whereby a patient didn't get great density from Saifi and that's what I'd be worried about. Saifi, Anastasakis and HRBR told me that they should be able to provide me with all my needs in one session for now. A top up will likely be neccesary years down the line but for now I'm hoping that one transplant will be enough to surfeit the receding hairline. If you look at Bisanga's work, for example, he's often able to achieve a smashing result in one session. Saifi's work generally seems good, and I'm hoping that he can really delight me, but I have a small worry that I might be underwhelmed.

Check out Anastasakis' work on Insta, Youtube, FB and on his website too. I reached out to Dr Peter Prendergast myself to ask him about his own personal experience receiving a hair transplant from Dr Anastasakis and he assured me that Dr Anastasakis is world class. I also asked for some photos of white skinned fair haired European patients via email but they don't share such photos because GDPR laws restricts them from doing so without the patient's permission. Honestly I'd be comfortable with Anastasakis, he's one of the only docs I'd be comfortable with, but I felt the same way about Saifi, its only now I'm starting to feel a niggling worry about Saifi because I found a review where a patient didn't get a smashing result, however, the patient was in his late 40's and I think some of his remaining hair was slightly thin anyway so maybe a less dense hairline was transplanted onto him purposely. Who knows.