3003 FUT / Dr.Rahal

andrew11

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Melvin that's a lot of hair dresser bucks you could save with the excellent job you do! Also is it just me or do you remind me of a young Pete Sampras??? 😉

If there’s one thing that I’ve benefited from the lockdown, it’s saving $40 a month. Had to look up Pete Sampras, what a glorious head of hair he had when he was younger.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone , Happy 2021 !

I thought i would share my near 6 month result. I am 3 days away from 6 months officially ! So ideally what i like to do when taking photos is to brush all native hair to the center of the head to expose the transplanted area conpletely, for the reason that if i would leave it normally the hair would be almost blended in with the native hair. 

I am very happy so far but yet i do feel a little worried about the "density" at 6 months as you can see that the scalp still seems a little bit visible when the transplanted area is isolated. For the experienced members here who have seen alot of cases, should i expect much more in terms of thickening up of the hair to the point of "full coverage" i see alot of guys with crazy results at 6 months and although i am content since i can actually blend all my hair together at this point it would be awesome to get another 30-35 percent if possible ! 20210103_232600.thumb.jpg.c2baf046ec288e864f86c4e451402f4b.jpg20201223_160233.thumb.jpg.4b980e210424a6e00a27821c8abbac70.jpg20210103_232643.thumb.jpg.0bcd30bf128e3dc80c4278345451717e.jpg20210103_232704.thumb.jpg.adafcc5f55e1f4bfaffa28ca04a57109.jpg

Looks good! I myself was considering going with Dr. Rahal. FUT was the best option for sure. Generally speaking (but not always) it can sometimes yield higher density results than Fue. But for me, the reason why FUT was the only viable option was because I'm 25 like you and I want to preserve the donor area for future transplants. Fue can thin out the donor zone a bit making FUT in the future less dense. The scar doesn't bother me in the least tbh haha... 

Anyways, good growth! I have no doubt that you're going to be in for a treat with a bunch of major improvements in the next 2 months or so! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cody95 said:

Looks good! I myself was considering going with Dr. Rahal. FUT was the best option for sure. Generally speaking (but not always) it can sometimes yield higher density results than Fue. But for me, the reason why FUT was the only viable option was because I'm 25 like you and I want to preserve the donor area for future transplants. Fue can thin out the donor zone a bit making FUT in the future less dense. The scar doesn't bother me in the least tbh haha... 

Anyways, good growth! I have no doubt that you're going to be in for a treat with a bunch of major improvements in the next 2 months or so! 

Thank you ! I have been happy with the growth from the past 6 weeks, i am now at the point where i will be fully content with about 25% more growth or even maturation to provide some more coverage  :)

FUT dosent bother me either and at 25 planning for future surgery is always a priority. At the beginning truthfully i was a little surprised with the scar shortly post op, but it healed so nicely and i would even be willing to cut my hair down around the sides to a 1 or 2 , it does not bother me in the least tbh. 

• Like 1

Hi everyone, just want to show everyone what a difference "cascading" the hair makes at just 6 months. I have a feeling some may post their photos while alot of their native hair is giving a "fuller effect" In these photos my hair is worn normally instead of combing all my native hair to the middle for photos. Safe to say I will be super content just for the hair to mature and thicken at this point during the next 6 months :)

before pre op and now 

20201124_172355.jpg

20210111_153521.jpg

20210111_153745.jpg

20210111_154006.jpg

20210111_154024.jpg

20210111_154047.jpg

Edited by andrew11
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Wow your hair looks amazing 🙌🏼 Great to see Rahal doing great FUT work.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, halo said:

hi andrew,

Would you care to share updates? Would like to see your progress. Thank you.

Hi halo !

It is pretty much exactly the same as the pictures above ! The hair is pretty much blended in and looks like a full head of hair with the native hair :) if i expose the transplanted area it is slightly thinner than the native hair. Nearing 7 months and im really happy considering where i was before. Maturation could even possibly make it better which is awesome. Ill probably be making a video update around 10 months, when the hair is dry and i come out of the shower it looks awesome running my hand through it looks very natural to the hairline. I included a picture of me pulling my native hair to the left and right to expose the transplanted area completely. Keep in mind when i dont have an over oily scalp the transplanted hair looks even better since it dosent bunch together. 20210129_152935.thumb.jpg.a41444384f83bc6643c293d6182cab70.jpg

20210129_005947.jpg

20210119_085848.jpg

Edited by andrew11

• Administrators

Looking great man 👏🏼 Do you mind sharing some pictures of your hair pushed back exposing the hairline?

• Like 1

View my thread

3 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Looking great man 👏🏼 Do you mind sharing some pictures of your hair pushed back exposing the hairline?

Sure 😁 Ill post some tonight after i shower and dry my hair , maybe ill do a video as well ! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Wow looks really good. Improving nicely 👏 you must be very pleased ! 

Oh definitely , i have yet to venture out into the public without wearing a hat since 2018 !! I will be doing so shortly when i can get my hair cut (on the sides most likely i would love to leave the top long and "messy") even with @Melvin-Moderatorgreat self cut tutorial video im afraid im going to mess up 😅 unfortunately all the barbers are closed  as well

Its such an incredible feeling but its why we go through the meds and surgery in the first place ! I am also excited to try out concealers and styling products as well 🙂

Edited by andrew11

• Administrators
2 hours ago, andrew11 said:

Oh definitely , i have yet to venture out into the public without wearing a hat since 2018 !! I will be doing so shortly when i can get my hair cut (on the sides most likely i would love to leave the top long and "messy") even with @Melvin-Moderatorgreat self cut tutorial video im afraid im going to mess up 😅 unfortunately all the barbers are closed  as well

Its such an incredible feeling but its why we go through the meds and surgery in the first place ! I am also excited to try out concealers and styling products as well 🙂

Here’s a tip, use a large guard and cut sideways. It will even things out. Eager to see your pics tonight 😁

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators

Damn dude, that looks fantastic. The density is amazing. You still have a lot of thickening left as well. 

• Thanks 1

View my thread

Just now, Melvin-Moderator said:

Damn dude, that looks fantastic. The density is amazing. You still have a lot of thickening left as well. 

Thanks man , looking at the old photos and comparing now i am thrilled. Anything else would be extra i absolutely love it 🙂

1 hour ago, giegnosiganoe said:

Solid result. Sorry if I missed it, but do you know what your hair caliber is? And what was the hair/graft ratio?

Hello Giegnosiganoe,

Thank you !

Sorry embarrassingly enough i am forgetting what hair/graft ratio is truthfully... are you referring to graft survival rate or grafts planted per cm2 ? In any case 50 grafts per cm2 were planted if i am not mistaken for a high density coverage and as for the caliber i am a medium-fine hair patient

Below ill leave my surgery statistics as well ! 

20210122_200503.jpg

Edited by andrew11
  • Like 1