3003 FUT / Dr.Rahal

andrew11

Hello everyone ! I went to get my 3003 graft FUT done at Dr.Rahals clinic last July, the experience was amazing and i cant say enough great things about the team there ! Highly recommend to anyone thinking of getting the procedure done. Here is my month to month progress. I will post pre op to now in order (currently 4.5 months post op) thanks everyone 🙂

Edited by andrew11

• andrew11 changed the title to 3003 FUT / Dr.Rahal
  • Administrators

I thought Dr. Rahal stopped doing FUT. We're you a special case? I feel like Dr. Rahal should still at least perform some FUT's. He had some of the best results I'd ever seen here with FUT. No doubt you are in for really good 2020.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

4 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I thought Dr. Rahal stopped doing FUT. We're you a special case? I feel like Dr. Rahal should still at least perform some FUT's. He had some of the best results I'd ever seen here with FUT. No doubt you are in for really good 2020.

Oh no he still does FUTs , the waiting game has been the hardest but patience is key. Hopefully every month sees great improvement :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, johnto said:

Curious why did you choose FUT over FUE? And how old are you and do you take any meds at all?

Well cost was a factor i will be honest but the scar really wasnt a concern with me ! It has healed quite well and i actually do not even hide it ! I have been on finasteride for 10 months now, i feel like i have stabilized but unfortunately no regrowth... i have been thinking about dutasteride but will only go there once i feel finasteride is no longer effective. I notice much less hairs in the shower since starting. I am 25 years old !

Edited by andrew11
  • Like 1

Rahal FUT! This is so 2010 😜

All joking aside, looks like the transplanted hairs are on track to blossom the next 2-3 months!

• Like 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• Administrators

Lol use this

• Like 5

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

23 hours ago, andrew11 said:

Well cost was a factor i will be honest but the scar really wasnt a concern with me ! It has healed quite well and i actually do not even hide it ! I have been on finasteride for 10 months now, i feel like i have stabilized but unfortunately no regrowth... i have been thinking about dutasteride but will only go there once i feel finasteride is no longer effective. I notice much less hairs in the shower since starting. I am 25 years old !

Finasteride is really meant to prevent further or slow down the loss. If it's done that much probably better to stick to it rather than go on Dutasteride. Dutasteride may have greater sides which can also last longer. Try combining with Minoxidil instead.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, deitel130 said:

Finasteride is really meant to prevent further or slow down the loss. If it's done that much probably better to stick to it rather than go on Dutasteride. Dutasteride may have greater sides which can also last longer. Try combining with Minoxidil instead.

Oh yeah for sure i was on rogaine foam as well for 10 months. I even continued using for 2 and a half months after my transplant on the transplanted area but decided to stop it all together. It was recommended to take it after the transplant as well but gave it up about 10 weeks post op. I started using the rogaine last November uniquely on the crown as im a nw3v with crown thinning although it isnt that bad yet. I did not get any regrowth on the big 3 (fin,min and niz) but i suspect that finasteride has been doing its job well as im the same hair wise as last year. Actually all of my loss occured at 21 to 22 and has stayed the same since. (I am now 25) I am interested in dutasteride as finasteride has not given me any sides and i am content with it. Alot have gotten regrowth on switching to dut ! Ultimately the best course of action maybe to switch to dutasteride when i notice further loss 

Edited by andrew11

• Valued Contributor
7 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Lol use this

Melvin that's a lot of hair dresser bucks you could save with the excellent job you do! Also is it just me or do you remind me of a young Pete Sampras??? 😉

Edited by Gatsby
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1