Why did my Rogaine minoxidil foam turn into liquid?

TheDarkHour

So today I was about to apply minoxidil and it came out of the bottle really watery despite being foam. This was the first time this has happened and where I live its been under 15C for a while. My room is usually around 18-20C and the bottle says to store it under 25C. I've had the foam drip a few times in the past few days but it has never come out as almost pure liquid. Any reason why this could have happened?

Also I've only been using it once a day for a little over two weeks now but the bottle is almost empty, about 1/5 left.

I take oral minoxidil now due to skin sensitivity, but when I used foam I would shake the can before I dispensed it. Its not on the instructions, but I always did that for hair styling foam mousse bottles because when I didn't they would dispense liquidly, even more so when the bottles were approaching empty.

Doesn't sound like you have a temperature issue, but I've heard of guys living in hotter climates putting the bottles in the fridge before they jump into the shower and by the time they are done and ready to apply, its cool enough to dispense in foam form again.

On 11/25/2020 at 1:17 AM, ciaus said:

I take oral minoxidil now due to skin sensitivity, but when I used foam I would shake the can before I dispensed it. Its not on the instructions, but I always did that for hair styling foam mousse bottles because when I didn't they would dispense liquidly, even more so when the bottles were approaching empty.

Doesn't sound like you have a temperature issue, but I've heard of guys living in hotter climates putting the bottles in the fridge before they jump into the shower and by the time they are done and ready to apply, its cool enough to dispense in foam form again.

Might try shaking it even though the instructions advise against it. Also, is there only supposed to be half in every can? I just switched to a new can and it feels like it's half full despite me getting a brand new batch from Amazon. Same thing goes for the other two in the box. 

Edited by TheDarkHour