2665 FUT 11/23 - Dr. Bloxham

New Hair NYC

Hey there,

Been following this network for a while and finally was able to get in and see Dr. Bloxham for my FUT procedure just yesterday. Had a consultation back in September and he recommended 2300-2500 grafts via FUT. He said my donor area was great and ended up getting 2665 grafts out, not quite sure the breakdown as I was tired towards the end and just wanted to get out of there haha.

Little background, I recently turned 25 and have noticed my hairline thin in the frontal band for the past year or so. The rest of my hair has always been thick, but the front got to the point where I only felt comfortable wearing hats. Given lockdown/pandemic/work from home, I knew it was time to pull the trigger before things opened back up again so I could recover easier.

Attached a few pre-procedure pics of my hairline as well as some post-op pictures of the frontal band and the scar. Last night was rough given the long procedure, but woke up this morning feeling just tight pressure and the occasional ting of pain when the scar gets a bit tight. Slept fine and washed great for the first day, nothing too out of the ordinary. Will try to keep updated with pictures, but I'm heading back into their office next Thursday to get the staples removed so hoping to hear how the recovering is going from them when I pop in. Otherwise nothing too crazy going on and I'm excited to see how it progresses!

5562294B-36B3-4D81-9C01-4752A36779EB.JPG

A496A044-7515-40A5-A0AB-4526DBD458A6.JPG

IMG_4112.jpg

IMG_4110.jpg

IMG_4109.jpg

IMG_4108.jpg

IMG_4106.jpg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, hairlossPA said:

looks great. I recently got a procedure with Dr. B. Check out my thread if you would like to see a very similar procedure and strategy.

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/58261-2561-fut-dr-bloxham/

Yeah I actually saw your thread yesterday as I was making my account! Definitely crazy how similar our procedures looked lol. Will definitely follow along with yours to see how it comes along. Now comes the long road to recovery...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Loving Dr Bloxhams work. This looks excellent, fantastic hairline artistry! 

Thanks! Did quite a bit of research before choosing Bloxham, but so glad I went with him. I was super impressed with all of his results lately and was very pleased with all his help during the day of the surgery. Excited to see how it progresses!

• Like 1

So I'm 4 days post-op and was instructed to start gently massaging the recipient area during my washes. Things were fine until about an hour or two after my wash when I noticed that I had two small lines at the front middle section of my hairline that seemed to lose grafts. This is the first I've noticed that these grafts had fallen out, all the other pictures I had take seemed to have the hairs still in them. I know it's a bit normal to shed during these washes, but I'm worried that they didn't take at all. I didn't bump, rub, or have any sort of contact with that area so not quite sure why they would've not taken... I did have an irregular hairline well before I started receding that might've been scar tissue or something that prevented hair from growing there at all... would that affect the overall results?

Any advice would be great -- thanks!

0.jpg

@hairlossPA & @JohnAC71 thank y'all! Got a little overzealous and anxious seeing smooth skin after washing, but did some research and feel a lot better! Was gonna say I've noticed my hair feels really tight and dry... Would it be worth trying to condition or use some topical treatment to help with this?

• 4 weeks later...

Hey man congrats everything looks awesome!

After lurking these forums for over a year I want to hold a consultation with Bloxham as well. Can you provide any information on what the waiting times are like for booking an appointment? Also do you mind explaining why your FUT was 2600 grafts? My hairline is very similar to yours and I was thinking I would just need to fill in the M for like 1700 grafts. 

4 hours ago, lipadok said:

Hey man congrats everything looks awesome!

After lurking these forums for over a year I want to hold a consultation with Bloxham as well. Can you provide any information on what the waiting times are like for booking an appointment? Also do you mind explaining why your FUT was 2600 grafts? My hairline is very similar to yours and I was thinking I would just need to fill in the M for like 1700 grafts. 

Hey and thanks! Dr. Bloxham has really impressed me with his results so he's a great choice.

As far as booking an appointment, I had my consultation late September and was eager to pull the trigger, but the soonest they had was the 11/23 date and I jumped on it immediately. When I was actually getting my transplant I overheard a technician on the phone who said the next available time was early March, but that may change, but I would say expect to wait two months after your consultation to schedule the actual procedure.

I will say, Dr. Bloxham is a bit more conservative and sticks by his dense packing technique so I would say it's good to have an idea for how many grafts but ultimately I . would let him decide what's best!

Officially been 4 weeks since my surgery! The first two weeks flew by (when I actually had hair) but over the past two weeks it's very quickly shed basically all of the transplanted hair so it's been dragging quite a bit now... Definitely in the midst of the ugly duckling phase and ready for things to start growing! I think the scar is healing up great (just a bit of shock loss underneath the incision line) but I've been having some minor problems with ingrown hairs and fighting off redness in the recipient area. Hoping that sorts itself out in the new few weeks, but other than that just trying to stay positive through it all!

Let me know what y'all think!

Also... Ignore my shitty self-haircut, too lazy to fix that back so that's why my hair looks a bit uneven above the incision hahahaha.

IMG_4432.jpg

IMG_4436.jpg

IMG_4437.jpg

IMG_4435.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's officially been three months! Everything is starting to come together, noticed a bit of early growth around the 8-10 week mark and now I feel pretty confident all the transplanted hair has popped and just waiting to grow now!

Not loving the scar too much, still pretty red, some bumps here and there, and a ton of shock loss especially on the back of my head... Know it's still early for shock loss to resolve itself, but hoping that heals up in the coming months.

Also, got a haircut less than a week ago for the first time, didn't touch the top just evened out the sides a bit. Went for 1 blended up to a 3 just because I was not liking my hair long and didn't care too much about the scar/shock loss showing for now... Anyways, pics are below!

7AC6E85C-D6D5-40BB-81E7-8DC06874BDB2.JPG

3CD053AC-1B98-43F8-95A1-31F68DC2396E.JPG

IMG_4806.jpg

IMG_4807.jpg

IMG_4808.jpg

IMG_4810.jpg

• Administrators

You should grow the sides out a little longer. You may have some shock loss around the scar. The recipient looks great. I’ll be following your progress closely 👏🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

10 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

You should grow the sides out a little longer. You may have some shock loss around the scar. The recipient looks great. I’ll be following your progress closely 👏🏼

Yeah, definitely jumped the gun with the sides/back going super short, but not having a hair cut for 3 months really threw me haha. Will probably just let my hair grown out for a bit now!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Would love to see some updates

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.