2nd FUT - 2527 Grafts with Dr Ron Shapiro - Nov 2020

phantom777

7 minutes ago, deitel130 said:

With Finasteride you should most likely see thickening of thinned hair in the lower crown area. 

That's what Dr Ron said. He said he saw a lot of telogen hairs on my head which if grows back with fin could make the 1500 grafts above my crown look like 3000. He wanted to make fin do the trick in the crown. It's a game of wait and watch for me now. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, phantom777 said:

Melvin, No one would say you have hair loss ( looking at your face). I guess that's why they say to frame the face first because that makes the biggest difference :)  Growing long hair to cover my crown became a hassle for me, specially whenever the wind blew. Hoping to get rid of this issue by next year. I am also curious to see if the fin will make any difference to my crown. So far no side effects. 

You're speaking to my soul man haha, I know all of those feels. I have the sides near the crown thin, so even parting my hair to the side looks a bit strange. I definitely need to get this addressed ASAP. I will follow your progress, Dr. Shapiro actually helped kick start this forum by doing @Pat - Community Publisher hair transplant over 20 years ago.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

10 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Dr. Shapiro actually helped kick start this forum by doing @Pat - Community Publisher hair transplant over 20 years ago.

Yeah,I've heard about this a lot in this forum. During the surgery I mentioned that I had consulted one doctor nearby and Dr Ron said he knows him well and that the mentioned doctor's hair transplant surgery was done by Dr Ron himself. Looks like he's a doctors doctor 🙂

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, phantom777 said:

Yeah,I've heard about this a lot in this forum. During the surgery I mentioned that I had consulted one doctor nearby and Dr Ron said he knows him well and that the mentioned doctor's hair transplant surgery was done by Dr Ron himself. Looks like he's a doctors doctor 🙂

Yup, even Dr. Konior referred to his study when I did an Instagram live, he's well respected all around.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Can't do any better than Dr. Konior and Dr. Shapiro.  Congrats on making wise life choices! :)

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

9 hours ago, aaron1234 said:

Can't do any better than Dr. Konior and Dr. Shapiro.  Congrats on making wise life choices! :)

Thanks. I wish I had started meds right after the surgery with Dr Konior to maintain the results over the last 6 years, but then I wasn't married then and did not want to take a chance.  Hope I'll see some benefits of taking it now. Better late than never :) 

• Like 1

On 1/7/2021 at 5:37 AM, phantom777 said:

Thanks. I wish I had started meds right after the surgery with Dr Konior to maintain the results over the last 6 years, but then I wasn't married then and did not want to take a chance.  Hope I'll see some benefits of taking it now. Better late than never :) 

Chance of what ?

1 hour ago, Chances101 said:

Chance of what ?

Getting Finasteride sides. Or are you expecting a pun related to your username :P

Edited by anotherhairlosssufferer
  • Haha 1

Minoxidil 1x day

Stopped Fin due to sides

HT With Dr. Konior December 2020: https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/anotherhairlossdude/4442

• 1 year later...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...