BHR Brussels Dr Bisanga FUE 2350 Grafts

Babou1410

Dear All,

I would like to share my experience at the BHR Clinic Brussels.

Below my details & caracteristics:
- Male
- 29 yo
- Norwood 3
- Treatment Minoxidil (pills) & Saw Palmetto
- Density of the donor area - 80/85 cm²
- Estimation of the donor capacity 8000

I live in Belgium hence I only had physical consultations with Dr. Lupanzula, Dr. Feriduni & Dr. Bisanga.
The 3 of them are in my opinion talented and gifted surgeons. I opted for Dr. B as I had a pretty good feeling with him, we were completely in line with the approach and strategy. A big plus, the clinic is literally 2 kms away from my home. 
We agreed on recreating the hairline and filling the tempels with an estimation of 1800-2200 grafts. Seen the current circumstances and the fact that I have to work from home this was the ideal time to have the surgery. He had some open slots left still this year so I opted for the 23/11/20.

The day of surgery
It has already been well explained on the forum how professional Dr B and his crew are, I will quickly go through it.
So we had a quick review of the design, we than fully shaved the head and went to the operating room.
The injections were the most painful part of the exercise but only lasted for about 5-10 minutes.
Dr. B perfoms all the punching and the technicians do the extractions. Secondly Dr B takes care of all the incisions and the technicians the implementation of the grafts. At the end of the surgery I had  a little surprise, all the incisions were not filled so we started over and he extracted an additional 150 grafts.
I have to say he was a real gentleman on that as those grafts were free of charge.

Then finally we went over the rules/recommandations and products I should be using to have an optimal recovery

Below the breakdown of the grafts:
- 1 FU = 435
- 2 FU = 779
- 3 FU = 843
- 4 FU = 293

Enjoy the reading,
Babou

Back.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

8.jpg

18.jpg

21.jpg

Edited by Babou1410
  • Like 2

Seems you have quite thick asian hair, should be a great result. Wow your donor looks amazing after the procedure as well barely noticeable.

Also do you mind answering a few questions? How long was the waiting list? How much did it cost? Does bisanga still use manual punch?

Edited by BaldingtimetoLdar

1 hour ago, BaldingtimetoLdar said:

Seems you have quite thick asian hair, should be a great result. Wow your donor looks amazing after the procedure as well barely noticeable.

Also do you mind answering a few questions? How long was the waiting list? How much did it cost? Does bisanga still use manual punch?

Hi, 

The waiting list wasn't that long, I had my consult on the 10th of October. The Dr. had a few slots open this year which was my priority so I opted the 23rd of November. 
In total I paid €7740 for 2350 grafts.
The procedure was fully done with a motorized punch.

I hope this helps 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babou1410 said:

Hi, 

The waiting list wasn't that long, I had my consult on the 10th of October. The Dr. had a few slots open this year which was my priority so I opted the 23rd of November. 
In total I paid €7740 for 2350 grafts.
The procedure was fully done with a motorized punch.

I hope this helps 🙂

It does, thank you very much and good luck with your results.

2 minutes ago, cbc3113 said:

Hey, my original surgery date was the 23th. They asked me to move it to the 25th. I guess it was for you. :)

I just had my surgery today.

Hi CBC,
Well thanks a million for changing your date. How did it go today ?

Will you create a thread I can follow?

19 minutes ago, OliverAtom said:

This is looking great!

With that hair and donor plus Dr Bisanga touch, you gonna look amazing brother 😉

Please, keep the updates coming !!!

Thanks a lot for the positive thoughts! I will update as much as possible.

Hello,

I am now at 10 days post-surgery.
All the scabs are gone with already some hair so I don't expect to be amongst the lucky ones with an early growth.
There is some redness on the scalp but less obvious than on the picture.

7.jpg.56130d32bc8958ab40d1fa2e83ff868e.jpg2.jpg.f5ad00dba69cf200ac9063ff3c719c3f.jpg

I love the hairline though and even the short hair, I am starting to like it.
Now will come the most difficult phase with the shedding....

Hi Everyone,

I am officially at my 14th day post surgery, all the scabs are gone. The recipient area seems okay even if I have some redness.
Finally I can go outside without having the idea people are looking at mhy head 😊

I just have a question the donor heals well no appearance of any loss in density but on the right side you still see little holes and no hair has grown around.
Could this be some kind of shockloss ?

1.jpg.bc25a03563deaa54d1527cf4987efc02.jpg2.jpg.6ff5be3bc2f506faddc574901b20e79b.jpg6.jpg.d9d67df0726cbe1e295197eead5f752b.jpg

On 12/7/2020 at 12:49 AM, Babou1410 said:

@JohnAC71 Thanks John, was my initial thought, I will try not to worry but I am also surprised by the fact it has not healed yet....

I’m two days behind you and still have marks too. And my scalp is also still very sensitive while washing. I’ll post an update later this week.  

2 minutes ago, cbc3113 said:

I’m two days behind you and still have marks too. And my scalp is also still very sensitive while washing. I’ll post an update later this week.  

@cbc3113 good to know I am not alone. The Dr. told me it is probably a minor shock loss that will grow back in a few months. He also suggested to apply only locally on the shock loss area some topical minoxidil to increase the growth.