3850 Grafts @ HLC Ankara

JacobN

5 hours ago, Gatsby said:

JacobN that appears to date to be good work carried out and the hairline is not a juvenile one. However it blows my mind that even despite your level of hair loss and not having stabalised your hair loss, that this clinic was happy to perform life altering surgery on a 22 year old. Did they ask you to wait, trial finasteride for a year?

Sorry but I don’t unterstand your Point. As you can see, I lost around 70% of my hair at the front and crown area, there is not much more that could fall out, so why wait? This is nonsense for me. I am taking fin and it is working great but before the HT I easily was a NW5+. My fortune is that I have a very dense donor area, so a transplant for the FULL head was not a problem. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JayLDD said:

You did the right thing, picked a very good clinic and the hairline is appropriately conservative. The redness is nothing to worry about nor unexpected with your skin tone, and things look pretty solid for 4 months. 

I'd recommend ignoring those who bring up age when they have no logical, or academically justified reason to differentiate someone your age with that level of loss and someone who is 30 when at the end of the day they're just thoughtlessly regurgitating a common opinion without a basis behind it. Whether or not you're 20 or 35 your final hairloss pattern is genetically predetermined and visible when you've lost as much hair as yourself.  If things grow well and currently it appears they will, I'm sure you'd be happier with a conservative hairline and midscalp in your early 20s while dealing with a thinner crown in the future than waiting till you're 30 to address the issue for arbitrary reasons.

In saying that, I doubt you'll manage a full 9k grafts via FUE, I'd put the number much closer to 7k before it starts to clearly show depletion. Donor hair naturally thins for all men over time also. Potentially you can do FUT beyond those numbers but I'd consider that if you want full coverage in the long run it will dent your ability to have super short hair in your donor area.

Thank you for your very clear and nice explanation and opinion!

1 minute ago, PizzaWolf said:

@JacobN Since HLC works as a doctor team, can I ask how your experience with that was?

How did they decide which doctor performs your surgery?

You are right. Every step is made by the doc himself. Afaik, there is no chance do decide which doc you want. 

4 hours ago, JacobN said:

Yes. And they all together discussed with me the hairline for like 30 minutes. Not a joke. 30 minutes.😂

I can confirm. They spent about 20 minutes with me, maybe a bit longer. All the doctors are in the room to draw the hairline and donor area. There's even a "hairline designer" lady who assists Dr. Ozgur. It is during this session that they decided who worked on me. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

UPDATE: after now 11 months :) sorry for the delay, i was busy with other stuff. I am very happy and will continue my hair restoration process in September - again at HLC :)

FC2AAB4E-3D71-4AAA-AA7B-460A23DC6020.png

• Like 1

Please can you post some clearer pics ? So we can see the current result better ? I can see that it’s improved but be good to see more pics and from different angles. 
Thanks 🙏 

Edited by JohnAC71
  • Like 2

One more picture from the side - I will ask my gf to take a picture from the back of the head so you can see my donor area, unfortunately I cannot do this by myself, pics look like crap then 😂

DF95ABA2-5F2D-4121-97A4-65150E29070F.jpeg

• Like 1