Post HT Shampoo

My instructions were to use baby shampoo until the 2 week mark, after that recommended I use a gentle shampoo, try to find something without any sulfates and more natural ingredients. and the other instruction was to avoid nizarol and head and shoulders until 3 months, as they may be too hard for you grafts 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TorontoMan said:

My instructions were to use baby shampoo until the 2 week mark, after that recommended I use a gentle shampoo, try to find something without any sulfates and more natural ingredients. and the other instruction was to avoid nizarol and head and shoulders until 3 months, as they may be too hard for you grafts 

What shampoo did you end up using?

I went to a whole foods store and bought some all organic thing. But what I’d recommend is getting Regenpure NT (nourishing treatment), that one doesn’t contain any ketoconazole or sulfates. Wait maybe 2 months then you could use their Regenpure DR that contains a mild 1% keto. You could find it on amazon 

• Like 1

Doctor instructions vary of course, after my procedures 'normal' shampoo could be resumed after 5 days, wait 2 weeks to resume medicated shampoos like nizoral, H&S.

Studies show the grafts are securely anchored by 9-10 days at the most, under the skin and connected into their new blood supplies. So I suspect even my doctor's instructions on the medicated shampoo were being a bit overly cautious.

Again 9-10 days, make it an even two weeks to be 'extra' safe, then go back to what you were doing before with shampoo, especially if you have skin conditions that the medicated shampoo is helping you manage.

There's nothing you were doing before your hair transplant that you have to wait for months before you can do again.

• Like 1