Has lockdown got you thinking about hair loss / HTs more?

TommyLucchese

It has occurred to me that the reason I'm so active on these forums again is because I work from home now and see my hair in its most bare, natural state everyday.

Until March, every morning I would shampoo and condition with thickening product, blow dry my hair, straighten it, use concealer on the crown, brush and style it then leave the house with rock star hair.

Now I do a basic wash, let it dry naturally for the most part, and just sit home all day. Every time I go in the bathroom I see my crown, my hair isn't styled so I focus in on the conservative hairline HT from when I was 23. 

It's got me dreaming of maybe 800 grafts to lower the hairline and 2k grafts to restore the crown. Yet the few times I've gone out to the pub etc. and gone through my old routine I've been shocked at how great my hair looks after that process.... so I will probably wait another 5 years at least to go through a HT again.

Anyway - that's my lockdown / hair story. What's yours? Has being home made you reevaluate your situation?

• Like 1

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

I had already been thinking of getting a 2nd one, but everything else you described is spot on for me. Sometimes I would wake up out of bed after a night out and look in the mirror and be like, "Dude, your hair looks good. What's wrong with you?"

Those concealers play mind games.

Edit: I recall reading somewhere, i don't remember where, that lockdown has led to surge in HTs and products like Hims which ship fin etc.

Edited by champybaby
  • Like 1

FUT procedure w/ Dr. K (2012)
Second FUT, Dr. K, Nov. 2020 (mini update)
Third procedure, FUE, Dr. K, 03/21, 400 beard to scar (latest update)

• Moderators

I have my next hair transplant scheduled for January, but with the COVID-19 virus cases increasing and more restrictions and lockdowns going into effect I'm getting worried that it may have to be cancelled and I'll have to wait until next Autumn to go again.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

30 minutes ago, BeHappy said:

I have my next hair transplant scheduled for January, but with the COVID-19 virus cases increasing and more restrictions and lockdowns going into effect I'm getting worried that it may have to be cancelled and I'll have to wait until next Autumn to go again.

I think the first wave of elective surgery lockdowns was a knee jerk reaction. I believe we've learned enough that these can proceed under future lockdown conditions. Unless you're traveling overseas, I wouldn't fret about it.

FUT procedure w/ Dr. K (2012)
Second FUT, Dr. K, Nov. 2020 (mini update)
Third procedure, FUE, Dr. K, 03/21, 400 beard to scar (latest update)