Jump to content

Recommended Posts

 

Hi Everyone.

This is my very first post on the forum. Like many, I have been quietly reading, learning and greatly benefiting from this great collaboration of opinion, ideas and suggestions. I have been contemplating getting an HT for a few years on and off, but only recently have begun to seriously contemplate going ahead with it. Below is quick background of my hairloss and where I stand currently.(Hoping I can get suggestions from the community here to help select a good Doc)

 

Background:

-       I am currently 39 years old.

-       I first started noticing some thinning in my crown when I was 24 years old. Although I still had a ton of hair back then (I remember my hair were so thick and dense, that I once got turned away from a barber saying that I should go to a women’s salon to get a hair cut) I first met a doctor in Toronto (Cam Simmons) when I was about 28 years old. At that time, he told me I was an excellent candidate for an HT and provided some options. I decided to not go ahead with an HT and only started using Minox

-       Minox grew hair for me in the first year and then it just didnt do anything (I realize that not growing hair, doesnt mean it not working, as it may be stopping further loss). I continued to use Minox for about 4 to 5 years, and then simply stopped. I did not and have not taking any other medication beyond Minox (although in hindsight, and after reading comments here, I feel I should have given Finas a try) But alas, hindsight is 20/20

-       When I was 37, I met with an Hasson and Wong consultant in Toronto, who simply said that I was a good candidate for HT and asked when I would like to arrange a surgery. Frankly, I had not done much research at that time and still wasnt ready for an HT, so never followed up.

-       Fast forward to now, I have an extensive bald area and would be a NW 6/7 (pretty much no hair on top). I would say that my balding has been fairly stabilized over the last 2 or 3 years (no meds). Even though there isnt a huge amount to lose anymore, I know it can get worse over time.

-       Given that I have been WFH since Covid started, it has given me an extra incentive to get an HT done now, as I rather recuperate at home, then going into an office (I work in a corporate environment, and unlike some of the many brave folks here, would rather not make my HT story too obvious at work)

-       To this effect, over the last 6 to 8 weeks, I have narrowed down a selection of doctors and reach out for evaluation. Below I will share what I have heard from each:

 

Expectation:

I realize I have an extensive case of hair loss, hence I am open to have realistic expectation (assuming that I can even be considered a candidate for HT). In terms of expectation, below is what I expect, starting from the :”very least” to the “very most”:

-       Not be completely bald

-       If I can get more, I would like to aim for a hairline and midscalp that can frame the face somwhat. I am ok to aim for a mature hairline, and I am fine with the density can not be too high

-       If I can get more, next it will be good to have some minimum coverage in the crown, which can allow me to use fibers

-       If I can get more, it would be nice to have a more denser crown (I know this is now absolute wishful thinking)

-       I also realized that I will almost certainly rely on BHT, which I am open to

I have seen some phenomenal NW 6/7 transformations here ( @Zoomster,  @Portugal25, etc) and I totally realize those are exception to the norm, as so many other factors are involved (doner, hair quality, head size, etc).. Hence I dont expect phenomenal transformation (how great would that be) but willing to have realistic expectations:

 

Below are the Dr/Clinics I have approached:

-       HLC: (I am really inclined to go with them).. they said they can perform an HT for me. They can give me a new hairline that will cover the face and use body and scalp hair for the rest of the head for light coverage. The communication is all through consultants and not directly with a doctor. I spoke over phone with their consultant Engin, and he basically said that we can aim to do 2 days of surgery with about 2000 graft each day. The first HT will aim to do hairline and midscalp and then I can come back after 6/12 months, for a 2nd procedure for the crown area. I asked if he can send pictures of the proposed plan using one of my photos, but he said they dont do this. He also said that my ‘final’ plan will only truly be confirmed when I meet the doctors in person. I asked for a december 2020 date, but currently they are booking Feb 2021

-       Eugenix: I am really impressed from what I see from this clinic and what I read on the forum. I am waiting for an assessment from them. However, unfortunately, due to travel reason, I will almost certainly not be able to travel to India. But again, their results seem very impressive, and I feel for a high NW, they might be one of the best

-       Dr Bruno Ferreira: As some of you have pointed out here, his was the most detailed and personal assessment (very impressive).  Below is what he suggested:

  1. Start medication: ( He thinks I am too advanced to expect too much improvement. Not taking it does lower his expectations in terms of long term results, but not much. The goal is to get stabilization and some improvement in the lateral humps if possible. He really doesn't expect it impacting beard hair)
  2. First surgery: 2500+ grafts (Front and temporal peaks)
  3. Donor area recovery: 5 months
  4. Second surgery: 2500+ grafts (midscalp)
  5. Evaluate possibility of more surgery
  6. He thinks my best doner is ocipital

-       Dr Konior/Nadimi: I got a reply from Nadimi. She said that my donor density seems average, but my hair quality looks good. She recommended 2 procedures. In the 1st procedure “2000 grafts to produce a good frontal/midscalp restoration although a session of 2500 grafts would be preferred for achieving good density (she said we may use more grafts, but that can only be confirmed in person). Then if my donor still allows, I can come back for a 2nd procedure to do the crown. She too thinks Finas can have only minimum improvment, not a lot. She is currently booking surgery into Spring 2021. I didnt ask for Dr Konior availability

-       Dr Bisanga: Clearly the most hesitant of all evaluations. At first, they would not give an assessment and said I have to do an in person. I almost did meet the doctor in New Jersey, but his schedule didnt allow. Then he finally agreed to do a virtual session. In the session he said he can probably do hairline and midscalp and probably leave the crown empty (but depends on donor after the 1st procedure)

-       Dr Robert Jones (Toronto): Recommended a 3000 graft FUE. And then a future surgery if possible. He said he estimates, I might have around 6000 graft in total. Although he said he has performed BHT, I didnt feel like he was too big on it, and his recommendation above does not include BHT. Some of the photos he shared as possible outcome, were quite acceptable.

 Already ruled out:

-       Dr Pekiner: I was tempted to reach out to this Dr also, but after reading about some aborted HT, I decided not to. (No offence to any of his admirers, just a personal opinion)

-       Asmed: (I reached out to them during the start of my search, but at this point, I have ruled them out irrespective of their recommendation, which I am sharing for context) They provided a rough drawing, which suggested covering the hairline and midscalp with approx 3500-4000 graft. They said they dont do BHT.

-       Dr Keser: Said he cant cover the entire head, but suggested I reach out to BHT clinics as he feels they can help me (I appreciated the honesty and suggestion)

 

Question for everyone:

-       I am certain I will have to leverage BHT. Hence I am looking for a Dr/Clinic that is really good with BHT. Has my list above accommodated all good options for BHT, or am I missing someone ?

-       What is your overall suggestion of which Dr/Clinic I should focus on ?

-       I am leaning towards the following plan of action (I am only considering FUE): 1stHT (aim for hairline and midscalp), 2ndHT (maybe after 1 to 2 years) aim for some improvement to crown (if possible).... if I have anything left in the donor bank, I can re-evaluate in 4 to 5 years (hopefully they are cloning hair then).. What do you think of this plan of action ?

 

Thank you all in advance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As you have seen, Eugenix produces unbelievable results with FUE+BHT filling entire heads on those who have been turned away by other clinics. Given the evidence presented on the forum, in your s

I am curious if anyone has seen any reputable HT docs talk about the percentage more grafts/hairs that can be obtained by doing FUT 1st and stripping out versus doing only FUE. I have seen 1 ISHR

I recently had a FUT procedure at Hasson and Wong. During strip removal I asked Dr. Wong about this and he mentioned the difference to be between 2k less with FUE only. For extensive hair loss and if

Posted Images

If you are in Canada you should seriously considering consider Hasson and Wong. Their results and after care is exceptional. Dr Cam Simmons was a recommended surgeon here but he has since stopped performing HT. H&W regularly perform large sessions. If you want to perform a large HT combined with BHT you would want to look at Eugenix but from what others have recently started their wait list is a year out. Majority places have waiting lists. 

Can you share pics and others can provide feedback on whether you have enough head donor. You can always first start with scalp hair and later move to BHT.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, InTheSix said:

 

Hi Everyone.

This is my very first post on the forum. Like many, I have been quietly reading, learning and greatly benefiting from this great collaboration of opinion, ideas and suggestions. I have been contemplating getting an HT for a few years on and off, but only recently have begun to seriously contemplate going ahead with it. Below is quick background of my hairloss and where I stand currently.(Hoping I can get suggestions from the community here to help select a good Doc)

 

Background:

-       I am currently 39 years old.

-       I first started noticing some thinning in my crown when I was 24 years old. Although I still had a ton of hair back then (I remember my hair were so thick and dense, that I once got turned away from a barber saying that I should go to a women’s salon to get a hair cut) I first met a doctor in Toronto (Cam Simmons) when I was about 28 years old. At that time, he told me I was an excellent candidate for an HT and provided some options. I decided to not go ahead with an HT and only started using Minox

-       Minox grew hair for me in the first year and then it just didnt do anything (I realize that not growing hair, doesnt mean it not working, as it may be stopping further loss). I continued to use Minox for about 4 to 5 years, and then simply stopped. I did not and have not taking any other medication beyond Minox (although in hindsight, and after reading comments here, I feel I should have given Finas a try) But alas, hindsight is 20/20

-       When I was 37, I met with an Hasson and Wong consultant in Toronto, who simply said that I was a good candidate for HT and asked when I would like to arrange a surgery. Frankly, I had not done much research at that time and still wasnt ready for an HT, so never followed up.

-       Fast forward to now, I have an extensive bald area and would be a NW 6/7 (pretty much no hair on top). I would say that my balding has been fairly stabilized over the last 2 or 3 years (no meds). Even though there isnt a huge amount to lose anymore, I know it can get worse over time.

-       Given that I have been WFH since Covid started, it has given me an extra incentive to get an HT done now, as I rather recuperate at home, then going into an office (I work in a corporate environment, and unlike some of the many brave folks here, would rather not make my HT story too obvious at work)

-       To this effect, over the last 6 to 8 weeks, I have narrowed down a selection of doctors and reach out for evaluation. Below I will share what I have heard from each:

 

Expectation:

I realize I have an extensive case of hair loss, hence I am open to have realistic expectation (assuming that I can even be considered a candidate for HT). In terms of expectation, below is what I expect, starting from the :”very least” to the “very most”:

-       Not be completely bald

-       If I can get more, I would like to aim for a hairline and midscalp that can frame the face somwhat. I am ok to aim for a mature hairline, and I am fine with the density can not be too high

-       If I can get more, next it will be good to have some minimum coverage in the crown, which can allow me to use fibers

-       If I can get more, it would be nice to have a more denser crown (I know this is now absolute wishful thinking)

-       I also realized that I will almost certainly rely on BHT, which I am open to

I have seen some phenomenal NW 6/7 transformations here ( @Zoomster,  @Portugal25, etc) and I totally realize those are exception to the norm, as so many other factors are involved (doner, hair quality, head size, etc).. Hence I dont expect phenomenal transformation (how great would that be) but willing to have realistic expectations:

 

Below are the Dr/Clinics I have approached:

-       HLC: (I am really inclined to go with them).. they said they can perform an HT for me. They can give me a new hairline that will cover the face and use body and scalp hair for the rest of the head for light coverage. The communication is all through consultants and not directly with a doctor. I spoke over phone with their consultant Engin, and he basically said that we can aim to do 2 days of surgery with about 2000 graft each day. The first HT will aim to do hairline and midscalp and then I can come back after 6/12 months, for a 2nd procedure for the crown area. I asked if he can send pictures of the proposed plan using one of my photos, but he said they dont do this. He also said that my ‘final’ plan will only truly be confirmed when I meet the doctors in person. I asked for a december 2020 date, but currently they are booking Feb 2021

-       Eugenix: I am really impressed from what I see from this clinic and what I read on the forum. I am waiting for an assessment from them. However, unfortunately, due to travel reason, I will almost certainly not be able to travel to India. But again, their results seem very impressive, and I feel for a high NW, they might be one of the best

-       Dr Bruno Ferreira: As some of you have pointed out here, his was the most detailed and personal assessment (very impressive).  Below is what he suggested:

  1. Start medication: ( He thinks I am too advanced to expect too much improvement. Not taking it does lower his expectations in terms of long term results, but not much. The goal is to get stabilization and some improvement in the lateral humps if possible. He really doesn't expect it impacting beard hair)
  2. First surgery: 2500+ grafts (Front and temporal peaks)
  3. Donor area recovery: 5 months
  4. Second surgery: 2500+ grafts (midscalp)
  5. Evaluate possibility of more surgery
  6. He thinks my best doner is ocipital

-       Dr Konior/Nadimi: I got a reply from Nadimi. She said that my donor density seems average, but my hair quality looks good. She recommended 2 procedures. In the 1st procedure “2000 grafts to produce a good frontal/midscalp restoration although a session of 2500 grafts would be preferred for achieving good density (she said we may use more grafts, but that can only be confirmed in person). Then if my donor still allows, I can come back for a 2nd procedure to do the crown. She too thinks Finas can have only minimum improvment, not a lot. She is currently booking surgery into Spring 2021. I didnt ask for Dr Konior availability

-       Dr Bisanga: Clearly the most hesitant of all evaluations. At first, they would not give an assessment and said I have to do an in person. I almost did meet the doctor in New Jersey, but his schedule didnt allow. Then he finally agreed to do a virtual session. In the session he said he can probably do hairline and midscalp and probably leave the crown empty (but depends on donor after the 1st procedure)

-       Dr Robert Jones (Toronto): Recommended a 3000 graft FUE. And then a future surgery if possible. He said he estimates, I might have around 6000 graft in total. Although he said he has performed BHT, I didnt feel like he was too big on it, and his recommendation above does not include BHT. Some of the photos he shared as possible outcome, were quite acceptable.

 Already ruled out:

-       Dr Pekiner: I was tempted to reach out to this Dr also, but after reading about some aborted HT, I decided not to. (No offence to any of his admirers, just a personal opinion)

-       Asmed: (I reached out to them during the start of my search, but at this point, I have ruled them out irrespective of their recommendation, which I am sharing for context) They provided a rough drawing, which suggested covering the hairline and midscalp with approx 3500-4000 graft. They said they dont do BHT.

-       Dr Keser: Said he cant cover the entire head, but suggested I reach out to BHT clinics as he feels they can help me (I appreciated the honesty and suggestion)

 

Question for everyone:

-       I am certain I will have to leverage BHT. Hence I am looking for a Dr/Clinic that is really good with BHT. Has my list above accommodated all good options for BHT, or am I missing someone ?

-       What is your overall suggestion of which Dr/Clinic I should focus on ?

-       I am leaning towards the following plan of action (I am only considering FUE😞 1stHT (aim for hairline and midscalp), 2ndHT (maybe after 1 to 2 years) aim for some improvement to crown (if possible).... if I have anything left in the donor bank, I can re-evaluate in 4 to 5 years (hopefully they are cloning hair then).. What do you think of this plan of action ?

 

Thank you all in advance.

I would forget about FUE+BHT and book a mega session FUT with either H&W of Hattingen Clinic Dr. Muresanu. You will need 8000 grafts and both these clinics can handle 8000 grafts in just one surgery if you chose FUT.

You will have more remaining donor area available for future FUE surgeries if you start by depleating your FUT donor area like I did.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As you have seen, Eugenix produces unbelievable results with FUE+BHT filling entire heads on those who have been turned away by other clinics.

Given the evidence presented on the forum, in your situation, I would strongly consider opting for them if FUE is your choice.

I have spoken with Abhinay, their representative and it didn't seem as if it was a year wait, more like a few months. Our world situation may change quickly with Moderna and Pfizer's vaccines.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Portugal25 said:

I would forget about FUE+BHT and book a mega session FUT with either H&W of Hattingen Clinic Dr. Muresanu. You will need 8000 grafts and both these clinics can handle 8000 grafts in just one surgery if you chose FUT.

You will have more remaining donor area available for future FUE surgeries if you start by depleating your FUT donor area like I did.

 Portugal gives good mainstream advice, however, I am so confused by the FUT 1st debate in expanding the # of lifetime grafts. While this seems to be the most popular opinion from reputable HT docs, there are other well known HT docs (Cole, Vories, Bhatti, Bansal) that say just the opposite with some even bold enough to say that you can get more lifetime hairs with FUE since you don't need extra hairs to cover an FUT scar, how some hairs are transected with cutting the strip and how some of the grafts in the strip are unusable since they are not in the right phase of growth.

One might be skeptical being that these are FUE only practitioners, however, of the 4 I mentioned, 3 that I know of gave up their FUT practice to focus on FUE

I am not disputing what Portugal is saying at all, but rather expressing how I, myself am so confused by the difference in opinions.

....so perplexing!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators

I will ask you this, does hair length matter to you? If the answer is no, definitely go FUT first. FUE procedures can still be done. FUT and FUE are not mutually exclusive. You will by far get more hair doing FUT first. My choice for mega sessions would be Hasson and Wong. Afterward, you can still get FUE+BHT. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators
46 minutes ago, SLA said:

As you have seen, Eugenix produces unbelievable results with FUE+BHT filling entire heads on those who have been turned away by other clinics.

Given the evidence presented on the forum, in your situation, I would strongly consider opting for them if FUE is your choice.

I have spoken with Abhinay, their representative and it didn't seem as if it was a year wait, more like a few months. Our world situation may change quickly with Moderna and Pfizer's vaccines.

I agree they have taken cases refused by many, there’s no disputing that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I will ask you this, does hair length matter to you? If the answer is no, definitely go FUT first. FUE procedures can still be done. FUT and FUE are not mutually exclusive. You will by far get more hair doing FUT first. My choice for mega sessions would be Hasson and Wong. Afterward, you can still get FUE+BHT. 
 

@SLA I fully agree with @Melvin-Moderator and urge you to try to get a 8000 graft surgery with Hasson&Wong thus saving your FUE & BHT donor area for any future intervention.

If you are dead set on FUE then go for a 8000 grafts FUE+BHT megas session at Eugenix but that might depleat your donor and then - no more FUE or FUT for you! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am curious if anyone has seen any reputable HT docs talk about the percentage more grafts/hairs that can be obtained by doing FUT 1st and stripping out versus doing only FUE.

I have seen 1 ISHRS study related to this topic which did not answer the question- it even said that they couldn't conclude which technique would produce more lifetime grafts. I am surprised that this has not been more widely studied or is not more easily solved by basic mathematics such as knowing a patient's hairs per cm2 and surface area of safe donor zone, etc.

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I think having an idea  of the percentage difference may help @InTheSix(as well as myself-lol) with his decision. Are we talking a 5% difference or 50%- makes a huge difference.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, SLA said:

I am curious if anyone has seen any reputable HT docs talk about the percentage more grafts/hairs that can be obtained by doing FUT 1st and stripping out versus doing only FUE.

I have seen 1 ISHRS study related to this topic which did not answer the question- it even said that they couldn't conclude which technique would produce more lifetime grafts. I am surprised that this has not been more widely studied or is not more easily solved by basic mathematics such as knowing a patient's hairs per cm2 and surface area of safe donor zone, etc.

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I think having an idea  of the percentage difference may help @InTheSix(as well as myself-lol) with his decision. Are we talking a 5% difference or 50%- makes a huge difference.

 

I recently had a FUT procedure at Hasson and Wong. During strip removal I asked Dr. Wong about this and he mentioned the difference to be between 2k less with FUE only. For extensive hair loss and if someone has no concerns for a thin linear scar normally FUT will get you 2-3K more grafts. You can always finish with FUE later. Some FUE grafts can also be added to the scar if it stretches. Even with my linear scar I've always been able to get away with a 2 guard in most places. I had some stretch in a small area which I would just cover up with an eye liner pen for the first few days.

Edited by deitel130
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Portugal25 said:

I would forget about FUE+BHT and book a mega session FUT with either H&W of Hattingen Clinic Dr. Muresanu. You will need 8000 grafts and both these clinics can handle 8000 grafts in just one surgery if you chose FUT.

You will have more remaining donor area available for future FUE surgeries if you start by depleating your FUT donor area like I did.

Although I dont refute the efficacy of what you are saying (frankly, I havent researched on the topic to form an opinion) I am not personally open to FUT (even if that is based on incomplete info).... If the choice was between FUE+BHT that would not cover crown vs FUT, I will choose the former.. if the choice was to not do an HT altogether vs FUT (this one will be much more difficult to swallow, but I will still choose no HT).... Maybe I will evolve my decision, but thats where I stand for now..

Again, all power to the folks who go down the FUT  route first, just not my cup of tea ....... for now

1 hour ago, SLA said:

As you have seen, Eugenix produces unbelievable results with FUE+BHT filling entire heads on those who have been turned away by other clinics.

Given the evidence presented on the forum, in your situation, I would strongly consider opting for them if FUE is your choice.

I have spoken with Abhinay, their representative and it didn't seem as if it was a year wait, more like a few months. Our world situation may change quickly with Moderna and Pfizer's vaccines.

Really like to go there, but as I mentioned, I wouldnt be able to due to paper work (visa)

1 hour ago, SLA said:

 Portugal gives good mainstream advice, however, I am so confused by the FUT 1st debate in expanding the # of lifetime grafts. While this seems to be the most popular opinion from reputable HT docs, there are other well known HT docs (Cole, Vories, Bhatti, Bansal) that say just the opposite with some even bold enough to say that you can get more lifetime hairs with FUE since you don't need extra hairs to cover an FUT scar, how some hairs are transected with cutting the strip and how some of the grafts in the strip are unusable since they are not in the right phase of growth.

One might be skeptical being that these are FUE only practitioners, however, of the 4 I mentioned, 3 that I know of gave up their FUT practice to focus on FUE

I am not disputing what Portugal is saying at all, but rather expressing how I, myself am so confused by the difference in opinions.

....so perplexing!

 

In my conversation with all the doctors (who I realize are mostly FUE clinics) the only time FUT came up was in my conversation with Dr Nadimi... She said she performs both and will leave the decision to me which one I prefer.. She did not propose one over the other...

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I will ask you this, does hair length matter to you? If the answer is no, definitely go FUT first. FUE procedures can still be done. FUT and FUE are not mutually exclusive. You will by far get more hair doing FUT first. My choice for mega sessions would be Hasson and Wong. Afterward, you can still get FUE+BHT. 
 

I always keep my sides and back short (3, 4)... as it offers a better balance

 

 

Given the above (H&W and Eugenix out), what is everyone's thoughts on HLC... ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators
8 minutes ago, InTheSix said:

Although I dont refute the efficacy of what you are saying (frankly, I havent researched on the topic to form an opinion) I am not personally open to FUT (even if that is based on incomplete info).... If the choice was between FUE+BHT that would not cover crown vs FUT, I will choose the former.. if the choice was to not do an HT altogether vs FUT (this one will be much more difficult to swallow, but I will still choose no HT).... Maybe I will evolve my decision, but thats where I stand for now..

Again, all power to the folks who go down the FUT  route first, just not my cup of tea ....... for now

Really like to go there, but as I mentioned, I wouldnt be able to due to paper work (visa)

In my conversation with all the doctors (who I realize are mostly FUE clinics) the only time FUT came up was in my conversation with Dr Nadimi... She said she performs both and will leave the decision to me which one I prefer.. She did not propose one over the other...

I always keep my sides and back short (3, 4)... as it offers a better balance

 

 

Given the above (H&W and Eugenix out), what is everyone's thoughts on HLC... ?

You can get strip with a #4, even a bad scar would be covered. If you want max coverage and grafts FUT first. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Portugal25 said:

@SLA I fully agree with @Melvin-Moderator and urge you to try to get a 8000 graft surgery with Hasson&Wong thus saving your FUE & BHT donor area for any future intervention.

If you are dead set on FUE then go for a 8000 grafts FUE+BHT megas session at Eugenix but that might depleat your donor and then - no more FUE or FUT for you! 

Can I ask why you recommend a mega 8000 FUE+BHT ?.. isnt it prudent to do it in steps, in case the 1st procedure have some drastic shock loss or other set backs... Thats actually one thing that puts me a little off about Eugenix, since they (from what I see) go for mega sessions... again, interested what the medical reason behind mega sessions is ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Zoomster said:

Just curious...what type of dough is 8000 grafts at H&W ...in the neighbourhood of 30K ??

Theyre the Big Daddy of mega FUT for sure ....but that's a big number 

Personally I have refrained from asking cost from most clinics yet, dont want that to skew my final decision.. Of course, $$ is always a consideration, and I will cross that river when I get there... but I would imagine 8000 from H&W can not be cheap (aka super expensive)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know the physical and emotional strain a HT surgery takes and if I had the chance to go from NW6 to a full head of hair in one surgery with masters like H&W, Dr. Muresanu or Dr.Sethi, I wouldn’t hesitate because they have a great track record on doing mega sessions. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, InTheSix said:

Personally I have refrained from asking cost from most clinics yet, dont want that to skew my final decision.. Of course, $$ is always a consideration, and I will cross that river when I get there... but I would imagine 8000 from H&W can not be cheap (aka super expensive)

Here you go.

8417E0D5-CBCC-4561-89E7-F3F36C2C2DCB.jpeg

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

You can get strip with a #4, even a bad scar would be covered. If you want max coverage and grafts FUT first. 

The physical scar is my secondary concern.. the mental one from having thinking there is a physical one back in the back from head, is the main concern.. Unfortunately I gotta live with myself..

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators
19 minutes ago, InTheSix said:

The physical scar is my secondary concern.. the mental one from having thinking there is a physical one back in the back from head, is the main concern.. Unfortunately I gotta live with myself..

I’m not sure I understand. What do you mean?

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, SLA said:

 Portugal gives good mainstream advice, however, I am so confused by the FUT 1st debate in expanding the # of lifetime grafts. While this seems to be the most popular opinion from reputable HT docs, there are other well known HT docs (Cole, Vories, Bhatti, Bansal) that say just the opposite with some even bold enough to say that you can get more lifetime hairs with FUE since you don't need extra hairs to cover an FUT scar, how some hairs are transected with cutting the strip and how some of the grafts in the strip are unusable since they are not in the right phase of growth.

One might be skeptical being that these are FUE only practitioners, however, of the 4 I mentioned, 3 that I know of gave up their FUT practice to focus on FUE

I am not disputing what Portugal is saying at all, but rather expressing how I, myself am so confused by the difference in opinions.

....so perplexing!

 

This right here is why i haven’t made a decision yet. Way too many conflicting opinions and advice On fut vs fue for advanced patterns.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I’m not sure I understand. What do you mean?

I think he means just the fact there’s a linear scar back there mentally doesn’t sit right. Especially being a nw6-not having the back up plan to shave your head if a HT fails. That can cause anxiety.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...