Dr Bruno Ferreira - 2882 grafts - Diffuse Thinner

LondonRamen

D'oh, just realised I was facing the wrong way in the light so one side is darker shaded. Please pay attention to the brighter side :P

I'm slowly getting better at this and will try to get better pics in more consistent lighting once I am back home in London. Once I have BF's reference pics he took of my pre-surgery, I will try to set up lighting similar to it and try take similar pics to them to make for easier tracking.

on another note, how are you guys so good at getting clear pictures of your back donor. My one took me forever to get! I suppose once I'm home I can have someone lend me a hand

Just now, MachoVato said:

Try using the rear camera (not selfie camera) and use the timer function to give you a few seconds to get into position.

oh yes, I forgot about the timer function. Will try to utilise that next time!  Cheers buddy.

2 weeks Post-Op

Hi Gang, scabs came out fully around day 8/9. This is what it looks like at the 14 day marks

IMG_7921.thumb.jpg.96d59ce4c72010abd853aca5de18f011.jpgIMG_7919.thumb.jpg.e4d7df958f39e7a7ec8dd00143cb2303.jpgIMG_7918.thumb.jpg.e7f335138cf87ba6cdaefd5715a7bf9b.jpgIMG_7916.thumb.jpg.7735703be46198eeec5202f367355c65.jpg

Seems okay so far for me.

Donor area has a few red pin-prick like red marks in some areas where the grafts were extracted, but otherwise looks pretty clean. Still applying aloe dilligently and hoping they go away soon.

Only like 5-10% or so of scabs came out with hair and, I commented this in another thread, if I presume the majority of the grafts survive (>90%) then this is what the final result will roughly look like (if you mentally subtract the inflamation/redness). If so, I'd be pretty pleased.

In fact, BF does provide a guarantee that >90% grafts should survive, but I've yet to hear anyone claim this in any HRN thread for any doctor unless it's obviously a super bad result because I imagine it's hard to accurately measure the % grafts that survived on your own.

I am a bit worried the inflamation on my recipient areas looks a bit purplish rather than red, almost like bruising, compared to the more clear red/pink on my donor area. Is that anything to worry about? Not sure if just the higher density of hairs or my skin complexion that could be causing this.

Also, any advice when I can begin to do some exercise? I don't plan to go ultra heavyweight straight away, but I'm thinking some resistance band exercises and push ups and some 25-30 min jogs here and there (~5k)

• Like 1

Taking a super close up with my mole/beauty spot as a reference point so that I can compare the results/density down the line, since the way it is now, roughly represents the optimal result. Got a bit of the hairline that was 'bare' and only has grafts and a bit of the native hair behind it that had extra grafts transplanted.

IMG_7925.thumb.jpg.beac689eba15fe41017166978d5e2e21.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LondonRamen said:

2 weeks Post-Op

Hi Gang, scabs came out fully around day 8/9. This is what it looks like at the 14 day marks

IMG_7921.thumb.jpg.96d59ce4c72010abd853aca5de18f011.jpgIMG_7919.thumb.jpg.e4d7df958f39e7a7ec8dd00143cb2303.jpgIMG_7918.thumb.jpg.e7f335138cf87ba6cdaefd5715a7bf9b.jpgIMG_7916.thumb.jpg.7735703be46198eeec5202f367355c65.jpg

Seems okay so far for me.

Donor area has a few red pin-prick like red marks in some areas where the grafts were extracted, but otherwise looks pretty clean. Still applying aloe dilligently and hoping they go away soon.

Only like 5-10% or so of scabs came out with hair and, I commented this in another thread, if I presume the majority of the grafts survive (>90%) then this is what the final result will roughly look like (if you mentally subtract the inflamation/redness). If so, I'd be pretty pleased.

In fact, BF does provide a guarantee that >90% grafts should survive, but I've yet to hear anyone claim this in any HRN thread for any doctor unless it's obviously a super bad result because I imagine it's hard to accurately measure the % grafts that survived on your own.

I am a bit worried the inflamation on my recipient areas looks a bit purplish rather than red, almost like bruising, compared to the more clear red/pink on my donor area. Is that anything to worry about? Not sure if just the higher density of hairs or my skin complexion that could be causing this.

Also, any advice when I can begin to do some exercise? I don't plan to go ultra heavyweight straight away, but I'm thinking some resistance band exercises and push ups and some 25-30 min jogs here and there (~5k)

Looking wicked mate. 

I asked Dr Bruno about going back to gym to do weight lifting after 3 weeks and he said yes thats plenty of time. 

• Like 1

Donor looks great. Out of curiosity, did the doctor mention how many grafts extra the less conservative hairline would have required?

Looking at your side profile shots I definitely think you made the right call following your existing hairline. It's a good height and placement for your head shape from what I can see of it. With 8k grafts to work with and around average hair thickness, I feel like you will have plenty of supply to fit your needs as long as your growth is good and you don't get greedy.

1 hour ago, Mycroft said:

Donor looks great. Out of curiosity, did the doctor mention how many grafts extra the less conservative hairline would have required?

Looking at your side profile shots I definitely think you made the right call following your existing hairline. It's a good height and placement for your head shape from what I can see of it. With 8k grafts to work with and around average hair thickness, I feel like you will have plenty of supply to fit your needs as long as your growth is good and you don't get greedy.

Not more than a couple of hundred I imagine, as the less conservative approach was just to fill in the temples a tad (like half a centimeter more?) so that it sits more straight/flush with the lowest point of the hairline (but still slightly recessed). Like the below pic.

IMG_7918_2.thumb.jpg.01d46b355c1b686b0cd97b47b9ef86f5.jpg

I personally prefer my jude law-esque recessed temple look (first few pictures in this thread!), I just wanted less thinning and the temples ever so slightly filled, so I decided against the more lowered temples.

Who knows, I may actually end up getting greedy and asking for that half-centimeter during a follow up procedure :P

• Thanks 1

Post-Up Week 3

Guys, help me out here, I think i'm going a paranoid. Shedding around 50 hairs a day from the recipient area, no biggie, sheds are expected. But, a lot of the recipient grafts have suddenly started laying flat (see the close up below) around the same time the shedding started.. Before they were facing up as normal if you compare with my close up from last week.

Is this a normal part of shedding?

Best guess I can think of is that the graft has shed, but the hair hasn't been pushed out enough to fall off. But since it has 'detached' it no longer has the strength to support itself and falls down under pressure such as when wet or aloe applied. Maybe they'll get pushed out later and fall off in due time?

Thoughts?

BE558355-ABB5-4306-B701-FD8AC8240672.thumb.JPG.30f233a12537713048377f65f6379d1b.JPG5B7ECE83-904E-4337-9754-AB20AC31474A.thumb.JPG.8b1cf3bbe02af689da80e4cf4fd2241b.JPG100E4CF1-42E2-437E-A610-F603DB4DED9E.thumb.JPG.131d24e30885991d4e17f6fef97bae67.JPG

Edited by LondonRamen

I'm sure you answered your own question correctly.
Why don't you try to pull them out right now with your fingers? If they supposed to go, they will go regardless, so might give it a try.

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

59 minutes ago, Rolandas said:

I'm sure you answered your own question correctly.
Why don't you try to pull them out right now with your fingers? If they supposed to go, they will go regardless, so might give it a try.

Thanks, I'll try that in a few days if they're still there and don't fall out on their own. A bit hesistant to pull on my hairs still 😬

I am rubbing my scalp more normally now in the shower and they still haven't fallen out. Might need to pluck them.

Edited by LondonRamen

On 12/9/2020 at 10:48 AM, LondonRamen said:

Thanks, I'll try that in a few days if they're still there and don't fall out on their own. A bit hesistant to pull on my hairs still 😬

I am rubbing my scalp more normally now in the shower and they still haven't fallen out. Might need to pluck them.

My guess is that they may be ready to shed. Just not yet loose enough to fall out.

7 hours ago, deitel130 said:

My guess is that they may be ready to shed. Just not yet loose enough to fall out.

Yep, seems like it, just worries me because I haven't seen that in anyone else yet. Usually they go from facing straight up to falling off. Hoping it's not because there is something bad about my graft placement 😨

35 minutes ago, LondonRamen said:

Yep, seems like it, just worries me because I haven't seen that in anyone else yet. Usually they go from facing straight up to falling off. Hoping it's not because there is something bad about my graft placement 😨

I think you might have been too gentle when washing them off. Did Dr. Ferreira came back to you about this?

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

1 hour ago, Rolandas said:

I think you might have been too gentle when washing them off. Did Dr. Ferreira came back to you about this?

I'm using my normal washing style now, so I don't think i'm being too gentle unless my normal style is too gentle.

Little by little, more grafts are shedding everyday though. If they're still there by the 4th week i'll check in with Dr Ferreira probably.

On 12/9/2020 at 2:46 PM, LondonRamen said:

Post-Up Week 3

Guys, help me out here, I think i'm going a paranoid. Shedding around 50 hairs a day from the recipient area, no biggie, sheds are expected. But, a lot of the recipient grafts have suddenly started laying flat (see the close up below) around the same time the shedding started.. Before they were facing up as normal if you compare with my close up from last week.

Is this a normal part of shedding?

Best guess I can think of is that the graft has shed, but the hair hasn't been pushed out enough to fall off. But since it has 'detached' it no longer has the strength to support itself and falls down under pressure such as when wet or aloe applied. Maybe they'll get pushed out later and fall off in due time?

Thoughts?

BE558355-ABB5-4306-B701-FD8AC8240672.thumb.JPG.30f233a12537713048377f65f6379d1b.JPG5B7ECE83-904E-4337-9754-AB20AC31474A.thumb.JPG.8b1cf3bbe02af689da80e4cf4fd2241b.JPG100E4CF1-42E2-437E-A610-F603DB4DED9E.thumb.JPG.131d24e30885991d4e17f6fef97bae67.JPG

I see some of mine sticking flat but I thought it was due to the alo vera as after i apply it my hair is stuck down from in so assumed it dried and some hair stay stuck. But anyway we both have this so im sure its normal.

14 hours ago, Londoner7 said:

I see some of mine sticking flat but I thought it was due to the alo vera as after i apply it my hair is stuck down from in so assumed it dried and some hair stay stuck. But anyway we both have this so im sure its normal.

Yeah, but my native hairs don't stick flat from the aloe so I feel it's something specific to the transplanted hairs. But you're right, I don't it think it's much to worry about. A lot of them are coming out now since I changed the style of drying my hair. Usually I would pat it dry but I now I dry by wiping my towel in circular motions and a lot of the flat hairs and end up being hooked on to the fibres and come off easily. Easier than plucking them one by one and ensures you don't tug on any single one too hard before its ready to come out.

4 hours ago, LondonRamen said:

Yeah, but my native hairs don't stick flat from the aloe so I feel it's something specific to the transplanted hairs. But you're right, I don't it think it's much to worry about. A lot of them are coming out now since I changed the style of drying my hair. Usually I would pat it dry but I now I dry by wiping my towel in circular motions and a lot of the flat hairs and end up being hooked on to the fibres and come off easily. Easier than plucking them one by one and ensures you don't tug on any single one too hard before its ready to come out.

Oh must be they are about to shed then and have mostly been pushed out like you said. Makes sense.

Sucks seeing the hair become less dense don’t it, mines slowly starting to go haha.