Covid-19 situation in your area

Homeerestre

• Administrators

For me, it’s pretty clear lock downs don’t work. I’m in California and we’ve been lock down for the most part since March. Only essential businesses are open, and restaurants have to be outside.

Personal care businesses are closed (gyms, barbers, nail salons, massage places). You can crowd in a wal-mart but you can’t get your haircut, makes sense. 

I had Covid a month ago. I kicked it in a week. My experience, it was like a cold, not as bad as the flu. My gf didn’t quarantine from me at all and never got it. Should we be cautious yes, should we stop living? No. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hello to everyone.I am from Greece and things have gone from bad to worse.Everyday new covid19 cases emerge and the number of deaths has dramatically increased.

I personally believe that lock down ,no matter how much we feel it holds us back when in it comes to living a normal life, is the only effective tool we have at our disposal to deal with the pandemic,at least until vaccine is available.

Unfortunately it seems that many people haven't grasped the real catastrophic impact of this invisible yet deadly threat,and the tremendous amount of misinformation on the social media has only made things worse.

If i may speak about my country ,there are so many people who do not believe that covid19 is real and that puts us all in great danger.

I do believe that this unprecedented situation requires us to be overly cautious and adhere to public heath advise.Its not only about ourselves anymore,its about common good.I wish my fellow citizens could comprehend that their selfless behavior delays return to normality.Everything is closed,we are in the middle of a curfew and people still walk around like everything is normal.

@Melvin-Moderator I am so happy that you recovered quickly ,stay healthy my friend!!Greetings from Athens,Greece

• Like 1

On 11/19/2020 at 6:52 AM, Melvin-Moderator said:

For me, it’s pretty clear lock downs don’t work. I’m in California and we’ve been lock down for the most part since March. Only essential businesses are open, and restaurants have to be outside.

Personal care businesses are closed (gyms, barbers, nail salons, massage places). You can crowd in a wal-mart but you can’t get your haircut, makes sense. 

I had Covid a month ago. I kicked it in a week. My experience, it was like a cold, not as bad as the flu. My gf didn’t quarantine from me at all and never got it. Should we be cautious yes, should we stop living? No. 

I'm glad you recovered that quickly, compare to others, yours has been a very relaxing ride. I have read on some news that there are long term symptoms people who just recovered from Covid-19 are experiencing. Have you not feeling any differently than before you contracted the virus?  

On 11/19/2020 at 7:36 AM, Storyteller said:

I do believe that this unprecedented situation requires us to be overly cautious and adhere to public heath advise.Its not only about ourselves anymore,its about common good.I wish my fellow citizens could comprehend that their selfless behavior delays return to normality.Everything is closed,we are in the middle of a curfew and people still walk around like everything is normal.

I agree with you on that, whatever we do or our government do, if not all the people in one country glady follow all the rules being given, those lockdown, wearing mask or face shields, washing hands etc. won't be enough  to contain this pandemic. I thought I should share this to you article to you (that I've just read) about mental health and how you can keep up with all the bad situations happening in your country. Keep yourself safe always.

http://hvtc.net/2020/04/22/on-lockdown-hows-your-mental-health-these-days/

• Like 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Homeerestre said:

I'm glad you recovered that quickly, compare to others, yours has been a very relaxing ride. I have read on some news that there are long term symptoms people who just recovered from Covid-19 are experiencing. Have you not feeling any differently than before you contracted the virus?  

I agree with you on that, whatever we do or our government do, if not all the people in one country glady follow all the rules being given, those lockdown, wearing mask or face shields, washing hands etc. won't be enough  to contain this pandemic. I thought I should share this to you article to you (that I've just read) about mental health and how you can keep up with all the bad situations happening in your country. Keep yourself safe always.

http://hvtc.net/2020/04/22/on-lockdown-hows-your-mental-health-these-days/

To be honest, the only thing I’ve felt that’s changed is my sense of smell. It’s been 4 weeks since I was diagnosed, but my smell is at around 15%. I can smell but it’s faint. 

My lungs, my body has never felt better. I’ve been doing strenuous workouts at home. I’m at a 100%. My opinion, most healthy young people would be the same.  Don’t believe everything you hear in the media. Does it kill? Yes. Is it real? Yes. Does aspirin kill? Yes. Do freeways kill? Yes. Live cautiously, but don’t stop living. The cure cannot be worse than the disease. 

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Hello,

I live in Maryland, which is very blue. But our governor is Hogan, a Republican. He did a good job at the very beginning but then he went with the Republican saw of the economy trumping (no pun intended) all, and relaxed too much, leaving the 4 biggest jurisdictions in the lurch including mine. Right now he's doing like restaurant and bar closures at 10pm, as if Covid cares what time it is. It's not enough.

I've been teleworking since mid-March and expect to do so until April if not later. We're almost certainly not going back to the office until the vaccine is widely available. So I've been lucky also. My hubby's job is somewhat less secure, but he still has it now and he's also been teleworking. 

On 11/24/2020 at 3:03 PM, Myloloves said:

Hello,

I live in Maryland, which is very blue. But our governor is Hogan, a Republican. He did a good job at the very beginning but then he went with the Republican saw of the economy trumping (no pun intended) all, and relaxed too much, leaving the 4 biggest jurisdictions in the lurch including mine. Right now he's doing like restaurant and bar closures at 10pm, as if Covid cares what time it is. It's not enough.

I've been teleworking since mid-March and expect to do so until April if not later. We're almost certainly not going back to the office until the vaccine is widely available. So I've been lucky also. My hubby's job is somewhat less secure, but he still has it now and he's also been teleworking. 

Hi, I'm glad that you're doing your part to be safe to yourself and to others. Hang in there. This too will pass. :)

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I’m skeptical that a new vaccine is the answer, may be worse than the virus. But if it stops this authoritarian shutdowns, I’m all for it. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• 2 weeks later...

It seems to me that lockdown is already weak due to the very large number of sick people. I hope that the vaccine will be safe and effective. But I will now wait a few months to make sure that the new vaccine is effective and to be sure that it is safe. In the meantime, I will periodically do tests for coronavirus to be calm for my health and my loved ones. I hope that this pandemic will end soon and everything will be fine.

Edited by JasmineBrown