How did your life change after Hair Transplantation?

Craig2412

After reaching my final result I thought it would be good to get the communities thoughts on how your life changed after hair transplantation. 

For me and I’m sure for lots of other guys on here, the positive effects from getting a hair transplant go way beyond just the physical appearance of your new hair. 

What’s been some of the biggest positive change you’ve seen? 

From my own experience getting a hair transplant has indirectly had a positive effect on many aspects of my life from confidence, self esteem and motivation, fitness and diet, dating, fashion and being more adventurous with clothes I didn’t think suited me before hand. Those are a few from the top of my head but would be nice to get people’s thoughts and opinions on this.

• Administrators

Great topic and thread. For me, hair transplantation has become a passion, seeing guys such as yourself make such a huge change. Not only you’ve gained more hair, but some solid kilos as well 💪🏼 When you look good, you feel good.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I covered up my head for many years. As I’m sure others have. I hated being “hat” guy. And it impacted on all aspects of my life. Especially the things I loved such as swimming and the gym. I had no confidence with the ladies either. Didnt help having some hurtful insults thrown my way.
I started to regain my confidence with every transplant I had (5 and counting) for me coming from a high Norwood I never thought I would be able to get any kind of decent coverage.

The amount of time I used to obsess about my hair was very unhealthy. Nowadays I accept it and just go about my life. I love giving back to the community though! They was there for me once. 

Good points Melvin. I really enjoy seeing people’s great results and positive transformation too. Could not agree more, feeling good about yourself is priceless. Every now and again I look at old photos to remind myself what I actually used to look like. Photo on the left I’m being kind as could look worse then that 😂 

4BF94CB3-C483-4533-96E5-D26D6E04A768.jpeg

Edited by Craig2412
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

I covered up my head for many years. As I’m sure others have. I hated being “hat” guy. And it impacted on all aspects of my life. Especially the things I loved such as swimming and the gym. I had no confidence with the ladies either. Didnt help having some hurtful insults thrown my way.
I started to regain my confidence with every transplant I had (5 and counting) for me coming from a high Norwood I never thought I would be able to get any kind of decent coverage.

The amount of time I used to obsess about my hair was very unhealthy. Nowadays I accept it and just go about my life. I love giving back to the community though! They was there for me once. 

It’s surprising how being or going bald can impact negatively so many aspects of your life. Good points John and totally understand why it impacts even on basic hobbies like swimming and gym. I’m nearly 33 now, but went through my whole 20’s not putting my head under water on holiday as was too scared for people to see the harsh reality of my hair loss. 

Sounds very sad but even after a shower I would walk as quickly as I could between the bathroom and spare room, to avoid girlfriends seeing my hair wet before I could dry it and disguise it!

2 minutes ago, Craig2412 said:

It’s surprising how being or going bald can impact negatively so many aspects of your life. Good points John and totally understand why it impacts even on basic hobbies like swimming and gym. I’m nearly 33 now, but went through my whole 20’s not putting my head under water on holiday as was too scared for people to see the harsh reality of my hair loss. 

Sounds very sad but even after a shower I would walk as quickly as I could between the bathroom and spare room, to avoid girlfriends seeing my hair wet before I could dry it and disguise it!

The lengths some of us go to cover up is amazing. We know all the tricks for avoidance. I’m not sure about others but i definitely wasn’t around for photos!

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, Craig2412 said:

Good points Melvin. I really enjoy seeing people’s great results and positive transformation too. Could not agree more, feeling good about yourself is priceless. Every now and again I look at old photos to remind myself what I actually used to look like. Photo on the left I’m being kind as could look worse then that 😂 

4BF94CB3-C483-4533-96E5-D26D6E04A768.jpeg

That’s an overall incredible transformation. Where do you shop for pants? Top man? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

5 minutes ago, hairlossPA said:

Hair transplant results pending... will report back in 8 months... *nervous laugh*

Good luck mate and happy growing. Your new hairline looks really good. I’ll keep an eye out for your thread 😊

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

That’s an overall incredible transformation. Where do you shop for pants? Top man? 

😂😂 I thought you mean’t underwear at first Melvin! Do you guys have Next or River Island in the US? I have really skinny legs so have to be careful not to get jeans too tight but certainly after my hair transplant been more adventurous with pants. I always used to play it safe with navy jeans before my hair transplant typically. 

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, Craig2412 said:

😂😂 I thought you mean’t underwear at first Melvin! Do you guys have Next or River Island in the US? I have really skinny legs so have to be careful not to get jeans too tight but certainly after my hair transplant been more adventurous with pants. I always used to play it safe with navy jeans before my hair transplant typically. 

😂 nah we don’t have those brands, we barely got topman a few years ago. I have skinny legs too lol. That’s why I asked, usually go for Zara.

View my thread

Changed my life forever!

I was haunted for years by my hairloss since I was 20 years old, then I was botched in a black market in Turkey which made me feel even worse and then I had a repair procedure in a professional clinic which made me happier than ever with a lot of confidence!

Now it's became a passion 😉

Edited by Doron Harati
  • Like 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

2 minutes ago, Doron Harati said:

Changed my life forever!

I was haunted for years by my hairloss since I was 20 years old, then I was botched in a black market in Turkey which made me feel even worse and then I had a repair procedure in a professional clinic which made me happier than ever with a lot of confidence 😄

I just watched the vid in your signature. You have a great head of hair now. congrats

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, hairlossPA said:

I just watched the vid in your signature. You have a great head of hair now. congrats

Thank you mate!

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

😂 nah we don’t have those brands, we barely got topman a few years ago. I have skinny legs too lol. That’s why I asked, usually go for Zara.

Oh really, yeah Zara is decent, the polo top I’m wearing in the photo attached to this thread is Zara. Melvin you should check out father and sons clothing. You’ve got the guns to pull off there fitted clothes! 

• Like 1

Being totally honest (wait...I always am so I didn't have to say that!)  going bald never affected my social or personal life.  I never let it bother me and rarely gave my thinning hair a thought but always kept an eye on any news of balding remedies.  I was of the "oh well, I live such a fabulous life ~ I'm good". 

Then one day I just said "I think I'll get a transplant - that should be fun".  And it was. X2.

And now I obsess over my hair to the point of distraction.  

Ya can't win.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

• Administrators
16 hours ago, voxman said:

Being totally honest (wait...I always am so I didn't have to say that!)  going bald never affected my social or personal life.  I never let it bother me and rarely gave my thinning hair a thought but always kept an eye on any news of balding remedies.  I was of the "oh well, I live such a fabulous life ~ I'm good". 

Then one day I just said "I think I'll get a transplant - that should be fun".  And it was. X2.

And now I obsess over my hair to the point of distraction.  

Ya can't win.

How was your hair in your 20’s any pictures of you with a stache and bell bottoms haha

View my thread

It made me not think about my hair.... 8 years of worrying and stressing about other things, but feeling good about my appearance.

I'm only back now because of lockdown and working from home. I don't go through the usual morning routine of hair wash, blow dry, concealer, styling etc. so my crown area has got me interested in this again. 

In fact the few times I've gotten ready to go out like I used to every day, I've been shocked at how good my hair looks. 

Having a HT made me feel like my old self. Without lockdown I'd have been on this forum maybe once in the last 8 months instead of every day. 

• Like 2

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

2 minutes ago, TommyLucchese said:

It made me not think about my hair.... 8 years of worrying and stressing about other things, but feeling good about my appearance.

I'm only back now because of lockdown and working from home. I don't go through the usual morning routine of hair wash, blow dry, concealer, styling etc. so my crown area has got me interested in this again. 

In fact the few times I've gotten ready to go out like I used to every day, I've been shocked at how good my hair looks. 

Having a HT made me feel like my old self. Without lockdown I'd have been on this forum maybe once in the last 8 months instead of every day. 

Do you have a thread? I realize from your signature it was 8 years ago but I can't find any of your results (if you posted them) on the forum. I'd love to see your results and how they've held up. Especially since I went to Dr. Bloxham who works with Feller

3 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

How was your hair in your 20’s any pictures of you with a stache and bell bottoms haha

No Bell Bottoms, but this is my Drug Lord look for a TV show I was in.  And here was Easter 1974. 

H50 75.jpg

easter 76.jpg

• Like 2

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, voxman said:

No Bell Bottoms, but this is my Drug Lord look for a TV show I was in.  And here was Easter 1974. 

H50 75.jpg

easter 76.jpg

Haha I love it there’s the stache 🙌🏼

View my thread

On 11/18/2020 at 4:55 PM, hairlossPA said:

Do you have a thread? I realize from your signature it was 8 years ago but I can't find any of your results (if you posted them) on the forum. I'd love to see your results and how they've held up. Especially since I went to Dr. Bloxham who works with Feller

I do indeed but no pics... for what it's worth my results have held up very well and I'm very happy. 

Here's the thread anyway if you're interested (excuse my annoying writing style back then).

How was your experience / results with Bloxham? 

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon