Question about Dr Konior/Dr Nadimi

Jreinhal

Hello, 

Yesterday I reached out to Dr Konio'rs office to request a virtual consultation. I received an email response from Dr Nadimi. My questions are: Is she rated a highly as Dr Konior? Is she going to be the one who performs the procedure or does she just coordinate? Apparently, it's a $200 downpayment if proceed with a virtual consultation. 

Thank you. 

10 hours ago, Jreinhal said:

Hello, 

Yesterday I reached out to Dr Konio'rs office to request a virtual consultation. I received an email response from Dr Nadimi. My questions are: Is she rated a highly as Dr Konior? Is she going to be the one who performs the procedure or does she just coordinate? Apparently, it's a $200 downpayment if proceed with a virtual consultation. 

Thank you. 

She is highly rated as Dr Konior would not allow anyone mediocre to be part of his practise.

However, she has about 5 years HT experience versus his 30 years.

She works in the same way as Dr Konior and does all the important steps. (Note that implantation is performed by technicians but is done under 100% supervision, i.e. the doctor makes an incision into which a graft is immediately placed - "stick & place".)

• Like 2

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• Administrators

Have you tried to consult with Dr. Konior via our link? 

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/physician/Illinois/Raymond-Konior/54

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 hours ago, 1978matt said:

She is highly rated as Dr Konior would not allow anyone mediocre to be part of his practise.

However, she has about 5 years HT experience versus his 30 years.

She works in the same way as Dr Konior and does all the important steps. (Note that implantation is performed by technicians but is done under 100% supervision, i.e. the doctor makes an incision into which a graft is immediately placed - "stick & place".)

I spoke to Nadimi and she confirmed that she does the extraction AND implantation. hmmm. But maybe as a team with the techs. She will be in the operating room the whole time

2 hours ago, smurf said:

I spoke to Nadimi and she confirmed that she does the extraction AND implantation. hmmm. But maybe as a team with the techs. She will be in the operating room the whole time

The term implantation is broad but technically speaking the actual physical act of putting the graft in the incisionis mostly the lead tech (who does this for both the doctors according to a tech I spoke to in January).

Think about it, the doctor cant make an incision, drop the needle/blade, pick up the forceps and then pick up a graft...place it in the incision.  It would take too long.

I have seen Dr k grafting.  You have him and his lead tech - who has about 20 years experience - standing over the patient.  A third tech is also stood there supplying the grafts to the lead tech.  An incision is made and about 5 seconds later the graft is inserted.  Repeat+

So in about 4 hours, excluding breaks, something like 2500 grafts can be completed.

Hope that clarifies.

• Like 1

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• Administrators
1 hour ago, follically challenged said:

So, what exactly does Dr Konior do??? How is his name associated with the procedure? Sounds like he is very hands off....

What are you talking about? Dr. Konior is involved in every step of surgery when you have surgery with him, but he has a junior physician in Nadimi which handles her own surgeries. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

12 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Have you tried to consult with Dr. Konior via our link? 

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/physician/Illinois/Raymond-Konior/54

Hello and thank you for the link. I went ahead and re-submitted the info with the link you provided. With that said, it appears I have already set the ball in motion as I have a virtual consult with Dr Nadimi tomorrow. I suppose I should research some on her work tonight. 

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Jreinhal said:

Hello and thank you for the link. I went ahead and re-submitted the info with the link you provided. With that said, it appears I have already set the ball in motion as I have a virtual consult with Dr Nadimi tomorrow. I suppose I should research some on her work tonight. 

Doesn’t hurt to consult with both, best of luck on your research.

View my thread

I had an excellent virtual consultation with Dr Nadimi today. She was extremely professional and as her online reputation precedes, does not try to oversell. I would mention my quote but I’m not certain if posting prices is allowed here. 

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, Jreinhal said:

I had an excellent virtual consultation with Dr Nadimi today. She was extremely professional and as her online reputation precedes, does not try to oversell. I would mention my quote but I’m not certain if posting prices is allowed here. 

We have nothing against posting prices, though I’m not sure the surgeon would like that, I guess you could give the price per graft to be general.

View my thread

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

We have nothing against posting prices, though I’m not sure the surgeon would like that, I guess you could give the price per graft to be general.

Probably a good idea. I was quoted at ~1500 grafts for a dense frontal restoration with a 1cm lowering of hairline. I wanted lower, but she was extremely averse to any further lowering. The soonest surgery date I could get is mid-May. That was a bit of a bummer as I had hoped for sooner. The price I was quoted seemed a bit high, but I don't really have a reference as to what I should expect for this type of procedure.  

My backstory: Im 43 years-old. Ive never used any hair-loss pharmaceuticals. For the past few years, Ive been using an LLLT helmet.  Attached are the photos I used for the consultation.

847378691_IMG_6649copy.thumb.jpeg.35291d5f5c2a777ebb484b3b0b344c15.jpeg

IMG_6655 copy.jpeg

IMG_6657 copy.jpeg

IMG_6664 copy.jpeg

Edited by Jreinhal

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, Jreinhal said:

Probably a good idea. I was quoted at ~1500 grafts for a dense frontal restoration with a 1cm lowering of hairline. I wanted lower, but she was extremely averse to any further lowering. The soonest surgery date I could get is mid-May. That was a bit of a bummer as I had hoped for sooner. The price I was quoted seemed a bit high, but I don't really have a reference as to what I should expect for this type of procedure.  

My backstory: Im 43 years-old. Ive never used any hair-loss pharmaceuticals. For the past few years, Ive been using an LLLT helmet.  Attached are the photos I used for the consultation.

847378691_IMG_6649copy.thumb.jpeg.35291d5f5c2a777ebb484b3b0b344c15.jpeg

IMG_6655 copy.jpeg

IMG_6657 copy.jpeg

IMG_6664 copy.jpeg

In general, FUE in the US runs around $6-10 per graft. Let’s say you were quoted for $6 per graft it would be around $9,000.

View my thread

1 minute ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

In general, FUE in the US runs around $6-10 per graft. Let’s say you were quoted for $6 per graft it would be around $9,000.

Im right in the middle of the average at $8 per graft. I don't have a lot of experience shopping around, though. Obviously, budgeting is a concern, but so is quality. 

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, Jreinhal said:

Im right in the middle of the average at $8 per graft. I don't have a lot of experience shopping around, though. Obviously, budgeting is a concern, but so is quality. 

In the US that’s what you’re gonna pay for a quality surgeon. 

• Like 1

View my thread

I'm a 2x Konior patient. Just had second procedure. I also sent a friend to him, where Dr Nadimi performed the surgery and his results looked amazing.

There's a reason why there's a backlog for consultations ... Konior and Nadimi are that good. I've gotten to know Konior well over almost a decade. Based on what I know about the guy ... he wouldn't associate his name with anyone unless they were legit a prodigy.

If you're looking for savings, you can certainly find other docs. If you're looking for best-in-class results, then you go to Konior. Waiting sucks. All Konior patients have waited. But the long term payoff is beyond worth it. In terms of cost, too many people here focus on the # of grafts they get. There's so much more that goes into cost that goes past total graft count. Not to mention, Dr. K can make 1400 grafts look like 2500.

Aside, you're in an amazing spot for a HT. If you're not on Propecia + Rogaine, I suggest jumping on that now.

From my first procedure w/ Dr. K... You don't shop around after a result like that.

Good luck.

• Like 3

FUT procedure w/ Dr. K (2012)
Second FUT, Dr. K, Nov. 2020 (mini update)
Third procedure, FUE, Dr. K, 03/21, 400 beard to scar (latest update)

2 hours ago, champybaby said:

I'm a 2x Konior patient. Just had second procedure. I also sent a friend to him, where Dr Nadimi performed the surgery and his results looked amazing.

There's a reason why there's a backlog for consultations ... Konior and Nadimi are that good. I've gotten to know Konior well over almost a decade. Based on what I know about the guy ... he wouldn't associate his name with anyone unless they were legit a prodigy.

If you're looking for savings, you can certainly find other docs. If you're looking for best-in-class results, then you go to Konior. Waiting sucks. All Konior patients have waited. But the long term payoff is beyond worth it. In terms of cost, too many people here focus on the # of grafts they get. There's so much more that goes into cost that goes past total graft count. Not to mention, Dr. K can make 1400 grafts look like 2500.

Aside, you're in an amazing spot for a HT. If you're not on Propecia + Rogaine, I suggest jumping on that now.

From my first procedure w/ Dr. K... You don't shop around after a result like that.

Good luck.

I really appreciate this level of detail in a response. Thank you. 

Regarding Propecia/Minoxidil, as I mentioned earlier, Im 43 and thankfully my hairloss progression has been at a snail's pace. As of last week, I was able to get a prescription for topical Fin/Min combo. I was told this medium has potentially less side effects. Im hoping this is the case. It would be nice if I actually see a moderate improvement in my hairline or density after using these products. 

Edited by Jreinhal

On 11/15/2020 at 8:54 PM, Jreinhal said:

Hello, 

Thank you. 

Have you checked out Dr. Nadimi's results on here and instagram to make sure you like her aesthetic approach?

You shouldn't go into surgery with Nadimi based on her association with Konior, especially if you were interested in Konior to begin with.

23 hours ago, Jreinhal said:

How long was the virtual consultation?

1 hour ago, Jreinhal said:

I was told this medium has potentially less side effects. Im hoping this is the case.

I have what some would re: as polarizing opinions on sides and fin w/ this forum. My belief is it has more to do with a balding man's psyche. Also, what does diet, exercise look like (not you specifically, but those who mention sides). I've been on it for 8 years now. Def no sides. I'm a very healthy guy.

I told a friend to take it at night versus the morning because he was worried about sides. It's out of your head that way. Plus, if you pitched a tent in the middle of the night .... well, it seems like there aren't any sides (lol). IDK the exact numbers, but there was a study and something like 7% reported sides and 2% of them were on a placebo (Melvin has the study and objective insight on it somewhere on this site). Just my two bits. And it's ok for anyone reading this to disagree with me.

Anyway, it's great you're on something because that stuff does work. And you will ultimately lose some more of that awesome hair you have. So that's why I suggest it. Keep what you got. It worked very well for me.

Good luck.

FUT procedure w/ Dr. K (2012)
Second FUT, Dr. K, Nov. 2020 (mini update)
Third procedure, FUE, Dr. K, 03/21, 400 beard to scar (latest update)

On 11/17/2020 at 3:02 PM, Jreinhal said:

$8/graft FUE for Nadimi

$12/graft FUE for Konior. 

That's what they told me

9 hours ago, champybaby said:

Good luck.

Thank you.

And I am glad I stumbled on to this forum. To think I was about to hop on a flight to Turkey and get a $2500 FUE like I was going to buy a watch or something. 

This is surgery with major implications on your overall happiness and wellbeing from a self conscious and insecurity perspective.

Pay up

• Like 2