Any surgeon/clinic recommendations for the Houston TX area?

Folli46

You do have Dr Arocha in your area, and he’s recommended on this forum. However we always suggest you consider travelling and not just going local. That said Dr Arocha has really good results, use the search bar to find actual patient results.

Thanks for the reply John, I had seen some of those reviews/reviews already and they do seem to be reputable.   Follow up to your comment then, if cost were no option, what region or physician/s would likely be in the top three?

thanks again for reply

• Like 1

Look at the recommended physician list (top right of page) it really depends on your particular case. Lots to consider, current loss, FUT or FUE, how many grafts you might need. My top Drs will be different to anybody else’s. 
Any Dr recommended here has already been shown to provide consistently good results.

Hasson and Wong, Konior are my own top choices. But just do loads of research for now! So many decent Drs to consider.

Edited by JohnAC71

• Valued Contributor

If you’re in the Houston area then definitely reach out to Arocha and do a consult with him. I am biased because I had my procedure with him and it turned out great! As soon as I’m able I’ll be going back for seconds.

There are plenty of docs in the U.S. to consult with and I agree to never let geography (or cost) hold you back. If you meet with Arocha but you don’t quite get on you’ve got Konior, Nadimi, Shapiro, Cooley, Feller, Bloxham, Gabel; just to name a few.

Like you have read before: It’s dependent on your needs and who/what you’re comfortable with.

BUT, again, if you’re in Houston then consult with Arocha. He’s an excellent doc and it’s a free consult. You won’t regret it.

• Like 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Folli46 said:

Thank you both for your comments and recommendation of Dr Arocha.  I will definitely go get a consultation.

Here’s a direct link

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/physician/Texas/Bernardino-Arocha/636

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 11/13/2020 at 3:08 PM, hairlossPA said:

honestly I'm very unimpressed with Arocha's results, besides @Steeeve. I'm not sure if it's due to how the clinic photographs their results, but they're all subpar to me.

like @JohnAC71said, everyone's case is different. FUT vs FUE, how many grafts you need, etc... are you looking to stay in the US?

I thought I was the only on that thought this. I live in Houston and am currently in search of a clinic myself. I went for a consult with Dr. Arocha, which went pretty well. After looking at his before and after gallery, I was not impressed at all. Like you said it could be the way they take pictures. From all of the research I've done, it seems that before and after photos should be consistent. Arocha before pictures usually have the hair pulled back and scalp exposed and the after comparison pictures show longer hair sometimes covering the areas where the transplant was. It's hard for me to tell how effective it was. Some patient results in general seem very subpar. This made me kind of uneasy about going through with it and willing to travel outside of Texas. 

Follow up: So I just had a consultation with Arocha and he seems like a decent guy.  He is the only recommended game in town though, and I would like additional consultations.

- also spoke to a buddy that had his 5000 FUE in Turkey and he swears by the clinics out there.  “Better and cheaper than the US”. Keep in mind he is from turkey but I knew him before and after his surgery an the results are decent.

11 hours ago, Folli46 said:

Follow up: So I just had a consultation with Arocha and he seems like a decent guy.  He is the only recommended game in town though, and I would like additional consultations.

- also spoke to a buddy that had his 5000 FUE in Turkey and he swears by the clinics out there.  “Better and cheaper than the US”. Keep in mind he is from turkey but I knew him before and after his surgery an the results are decent.

No matter how much you liked a first consultation with a surgeon (any surgeon) it's always best to get multiple opinions. In theory everybody should be recommending a similar graft count and strategy for your goals. If one doctor says something wildly different than the others I would generally consider that a red flag.

There are loads of cheap clinics in Turkey and just as many horror stories to go with them. There are good budget clinics, but be careful.