Importance of Post-op Bandage Tightness?

cbron

Hi, I recently had an FUE procedure done with a very reputable surgeon. When I went to sleep at night, my bandage was tighter along the back of my head, and pretty loose on the side of my head. I am now 4 days post op, and the back of my head looks much, much, better, while the side of my head looks like the scars are darker, and I am experiencing some shock loss. Does the tightness of the bandaging have an effect on how well the FUE scars form? Is the loose bandaging on the side really going to cause those scars to be bigger and darker?

• Administrators

The bandaging doesn’t affect the scars. Can you share some pics? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

There should be no link between tightness and healing. The sides are usually more prone to delayed healing and possibly shock loss. I assume mostly due to blood supply differences. 

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

Hope you post some pictures but I’m sure you’re just fine.  Shock loss is of course, common.  Curious on the bandages and FUE scarring.  Any scarring will typically fade to very small white dots depending on what size punch was used.  I had a 0.8mm punch and the scarring was really not discernible even after my head was shaved prior to a second procedure.  Don’t worry, you have a lot to look forward to.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.