Retrograde Alopecia and minoxidil use

Oshank

Heyy i am 22 and been noticing that my hair density has been decreasing for the past 3 years and felt like telogen efluvium , my dad and my uncle all have diffuse thinning, i consulted a doctor and she diagnosed me with norwood scale 1 and prescribed minoxidil 5% once a day and i have been using it for 20 days now, i havent noticed much shedding since i buzzed my hair. So my questions are-

1. Is it normal to not see shedding?

2.I have okayyish beard with some patches, i am using minoxidil for that too, is it okayy if i apply them simultaneously on head and beard?

3. I think i have retrograde Alopecia as well and i am applying minox on side of my head, so in total i apply more than 1ml to cover my head and the sides, is it okayy to do so?

Please help me out!!

IMG_20201021_130116.jpg

IMG_20201025_142551.jpg

• Administrators

Can you share pictures of your nape and sides?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Minoxidil will help enhance your vulnerable hairs but it won't protect them from the underlying cause of the thinning -DHT. That's why you want to use a DHT blocker like finasteride along with the minoxidil.