Is there any way to reduce the fizziness of my hair?

TheDarkHour

Hate the straw-like look of my hair. Use shampoo and conditioner 1-2 times a week and it still looks terrible. Even used many shampoos/conditioners that are supposed to reduce frizz but they do nothing.  Cold water is also supposed to help but it does nothing. Blow drying doesn't help much either. Only thing that helps a little is using a straightener but its difficult to use given my hair length and I don't want to risk damaging it.

Usually I use wax when I go outside just to hold the hairs together somewhat and for styling but it still doesn't look great. Gel and pomade aren't great options since it makes my hair look greasy/sticky and makes my recession more noticeable.

What can I do to reduce the fizziness?

C1.jpg

F.jpg

L.jpg

R.jpg

is the hair in question post hair transplant hair or your natural hair is like this?

My transplant hair is really curly (my donor hair is not curly at all) and its annoying bc it doesn't match the native straight hair surrounding it. 

The only solution I've found is gel. Just like you I've tried conditioner to no avail, and straightening my hair like a girl, but also as you said a guy's hair is typically too short to straighten it without burning the scalp. And its just way too high maintenance. 

I do dislike how gel hair is always slick and serious, I can't have that soft, flufffy, carefree hairstyle look with gel, but gel is the only solution I've found. 

I'm 2 yrs post op and my hair is still somewhat curly. I've been told by some docs to just accept it, but Dr. Diep actually said it could take 3-5 yrs to soften/straighten out. Hair cycles are sooooo long that I am hoping it will straighten out. 

It doesnt look too frizzy to me? If your transplant is still under 18 months, then you still have a chance that the hair will settle in as it goes through growth phases. However, if its past that time then there might have been some trauma during the surgery and it may be something you have to deal with long term. Maybe speaking to a good hair dresser can help with giving recommendations for products to use.

• Administrators

Blow dry it on high heat then cold mode to set it straight.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

17 hours ago, DenverBuff1989 said:

is the hair in question post hair transplant hair or your natural hair is like this?

My transplant hair is really curly (my donor hair is not curly at all) and its annoying bc it doesn't match the native straight hair surrounding it. 

The only solution I've found is gel. Just like you I've tried conditioner to no avail, and straightening my hair like a girl, but also as you said a guy's hair is typically too short to straighten it without burning the scalp. And its just way too high maintenance. 

I do dislike how gel hair is always slick and serious, I can't have that soft, flufffy, carefree hairstyle look with gel, but gel is the only solution I've found. 

I'm 2 yrs post op and my hair is still somewhat curly. I've been told by some docs to just accept it, but Dr. Diep actually said it could take 3-5 yrs to soften/straighten out. Hair cycles are sooooo long that I am hoping it will straighten out. 

Natural hair. Sorry to hear that your hair became more frizzy.  Was your hair like that before or after the transplant? Glad to hear the gel's working for you though. I'm a little above a NW2 so gel usually makes my recession more obvious.

13 hours ago, HTHope said:

It doesnt look too frizzy to me? If your transplant is still under 18 months, then you still have a chance that the hair will settle in as it goes through growth phases. However, if its past that time then there might have been some trauma during the surgery and it may be something you have to deal with long term. Maybe speaking to a good hair dresser can help with giving recommendations for products to use.

This is my natural hair. Hate to imagine what my transplanted hair will look like if turns out even more frizzy. Also the low image quality kind of disguises the fizziness a bit. In real life, especially under strong light it is much more noticeable. 

19 hours ago, yalla8 said:

Try applying some coconut oil after you shower I have a similar hair texture and it has worked well for me. 

Thanks, will try that. Do you need to use coconut oil designed for hair? Or will any sort of coconut oil work?

46 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Blow dry it on high heat then cold mode to set it straight.

Thanks. Will definitely try it. 

When your hair is particularly dry and frizzy, hair oil is a great fix. Oils are great sealers and conditioners, which makes them great for achieving frizz-free hair! Try a homemade recipe or opt for an oil like this Jane Carter Curl Elixir, which is enriched with Argan, Aloe Vera Gel, Macadamia Oil.