FUE during extraction - Will surrounding follicles get damaged?

I've been searching for an answer for this question but not had any success. I have pretty high density in the donor area. It seems like the hair follicles are maximum 1 mm from each other, so how can a dr be so precise to use a 0.75-0.9 mm punch to extract a hair follicle without touching and potentially damaging the surrounding hair follicles? I have thick hair in the donor and I've often heard that I have Asian type of hair even though I'm not Asian, so that worries me a little bit for upcoming FUE, the doctor will use a 0.75-0.9 mm punch, and perhaps will touch and damage the surrounding hair follicles? 

• Administrators

It really depends on the skill of the surgeon/tech doing the extractions. In general, 0.7-0.9 is small enough not to damage surrounding hair follicles. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.