Jump to content

Feedback on Dr Bruno Ferreira - Portugal


Recommended Posts

Hey Everyone!

Hope you are all keeping well and safe!

I'm wondering if anyone has any feedback on Dr Bruno Ferreira work. I very much like the doctor's background but there is a lack of online patient review and testimonials. I know that he has been operating in Portugal under his clinic for over two years but have only seen 3 patient testimonials (two on this forum and one Spanish). I am currently booked for a surgery in Belgium but I am having second thoughts and would like to consult with Dr Ferreira. Any opinion/feedback is appreciated!

Edited by teeplant
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators

Speak to @Rolandas he’s one of the few who have gone to BF on this forum, he seems to be a very good doctor.

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, teeplant said:

Hey Everyone!

Hope you are all keeping well and safe!

I'm wondering if anyone has any feedback on Dr Bruno Ferreira work. I very much like the doctor's background but there is a lack of online patient review and testimonials. I know that he has been operating in Portugal under his clinic for over two years but have only seen 3 patient testimonials (two on this forum and one Spanish). I am currently booked for a surgery in Belgium but I am having second thoughts and would like to consult with Dr Ferreira. Any opinion/feedback is appreciated!

Hi, I am booked with Dr Ferreira end of November and will be posting my experience on here to help others like yourself. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@teeplant

I feel the same way.

Dr Ferreira seems very appealing (price, background, 1 patient per day), but the lack of before and afters+patient posted results makes it very difficult to determine if he has the skills and artistic requirements for my individual case.

My feeling right now is that it would be a gamble having surgery with him.

@Londoner7 Thank you! I'm looking forward to seeing your results.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators
20 minutes ago, PizzaWolf said:

@teeplant

I feel the same way.

Dr Ferreira seems very appealing (price, background, 1 patient per day), but the lack of before and afters+patient posted results makes it very difficult to determine if he has the skills and artistic requirements for my individual case.

My feeling right now is that it would be a gamble having surgery with him.

@Londoner7 Thank you! I'm looking forward to seeing your results.

That’s fair. I think it’s very easy to get caught up in hype. That said, from what I’ve seen (limited) he looks good.

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, PizzaWolf said:

@teeplant

I feel the same way.

Dr Ferreira seems very appealing (price, background, 1 patient per day), but the lack of before and afters+patient posted results makes it very difficult to determine if he has the skills and artistic requirements for my individual case.

My feeling right now is that it would be a gamble having surgery with him.

@Londoner7 Thank you! I'm looking forward to seeing your results.

Precisely my thoughts... I have read that one of the reasons he is unable to post results is because other clinics own the trademarks to the images/results however on the other hand, he has been operating his own clinic for 2+ years so you would expect at least more than a handful of results. In any case, I look forward to @Londoner7's testimonial.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, teeplant said:

Precisely my thoughts... I have read that one of the reasons he is unable to post results is because other clinics own the trademarks to the images/results however on the other hand, he has been operating his own clinic for 2+ years so you would expect at least more than a handful of results. In any case, I look forward to @Londoner7's testimonial.

I've heard several reasons why Dr. Ferreira has so few results, and all of them or none of them may be true, but it's still hard to get comfortable with his website only having three before/afters. His instagram isn't much better.

I remember you posting about scheduling with Dr. Lupanzula, or am I thinking about someone else? Are you having concerns about his recent work?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2020 at 7:50 PM, teeplant said:

Precisely my thoughts... I have read that one of the reasons he is unable to post results is because other clinics own the trademarks to the images/results however on the other hand, he has been operating his own clinic for 2+ years so you would expect at least more than a handful of results. In any case, I look forward to @Londoner7's testimonial.

Sorry Dude due to the lockdown in England for November I had to reschedule to January as travelling is banned. 
 

I will still post my experience but will be January now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Londoner7 said:

Sorry Dude due to the lockdown in England for November I had to reschedule to January as travelling is banned. 
 

I will still post my experience but will be January now. 

I actually have my surgery scheduled with him in November too! But I will still be flying. As I understand it, from reading the rules I can still fly with a medical exemption. Also I will be there for a long stay (6 weeks) as I am remote-worker so I am not holidaying which is banned, but rather 'living' there throughout the entire lockdown period and continuing my work. As I am from the UK, the rules in portugal are that I can still enter if I wish, but they will conduct a covid-screen upon entering. Dr Ferreira says also he will be conducting the screen the day before the surgery if for some reason I don't get one at the airport.

Edited by LondonRamen
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, LondonRamen said:

I actually have my surgery scheduled with him in November too! But I will still be flying. As I understand it, from reading the rules I can still fly with a medical exemption. Also I will be there for a long stay (6 weeks) as I am remote-worker so I am not holidaying which is banned, but rather 'living' there throughout the entire lockdown period and continuing my work. As I am from the UK, the rules in portugal are that I can still enter if I wish, but they will conduct a covid-screen upon entering. Dr Ferreira says also he will be conducting the screen the day before the surgery if for some reason I don't get one at the airport.

I was also considering to still go but i think most flights are going to be getting cancelled and i did not want to risk holding the date and then having to cancel on the same day if im denied or my flights get cancelled late. Also i would be coming back the day after surgery and i read that fue to less flights it may be delayed 1 or 2 days to get another flight but by then i will be swollen lol. 

Doo you need any paperwork for the medical exemption, i still have my tap air flights so maybe i could try still go if the dr has my date still, also in Portugal as we are coming from the UK i did not think we needed to do a corona test just the pre entry form? 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Londoner7 said:

I was also considering to still go but i think most flights are going to be getting cancelled and i did not want to risk holding the date and then having to cancel on the same day if im denied or my flights get cancelled late. Also i would be coming back the day after surgery and i read that fue to less flights it may be delayed 1 or 2 days to get another flight but by then i will be swollen lol. 

Doo you need any paperwork for the medical exemption, i still have my tap air flights so maybe i could try still go if the dr has my date still, also in Portugal as we are coming from the UK i did not think we needed to do a corona test just the pre entry form? 
 

 

Well, my tap air flights haven't been cancelled yet, though that may change who knows. Now that Lockdown 2.0 has officially started, I can see that carriers like ryaniar are still accepting bookings to fly out even this weekend...

From my research, it appears the government themselves are not cancelling flights in the UK/Portgual. Rather they are placing restrictions on travelling on the passengers themselves which may cause many passengers to cancel their flights. With less passengers flying the airlines may cancel some flights so that they operate on a reduced frequency. This may mean they move your flight around 1/2 days. However, mine is still on track. Even then, if many passengers are still flying the airline may not cancel any flights. My sister just sent me pictures this morning of the the terminal for Air Vietnam full to the brim with passengers... So they're clearly not cancelling their flights.

In terms of entry, I think it depends, but I think porto counts as mainland portugal which according to the below means I can still enter fine as I am UK national. There's a chance they may conduct a screen on arriving at porto airport but I'm not sure. Dr Ferreira says he will conduct a covid screen for me the day before the surgery though if they don't do one for me beforehand though at the airport etc

https://imigrante.sef.pt/en/covid-19/faqs/#1596230931926-35f82bfa-7209

In terms of restrictions from leaving the UK, the government only advises against all but essential travel. However, they also say what is 'essential' is not legally defined and that they leave it up to your common sense such as health, education or work. I will take the health route and just show them my medical forms with the Dr confirming my surgery date if they ask. I may actually ask him to write me a letter confirming I am in the country only for surgery and not to 'holiday'. Indeed I don't plan to be holidaying but stuck in work, which I can continue to do as a remote worker.

 

Edited by LondonRamen
Link to post
Share on other sites

I booked a consultation with Dr. Ferreira on the 11th of November at 16.30h.


I will be driving 3 hours from Lisbon and I just need Dr. BF note to be allowed to make this trip.

We have 120 councils on lockdown so people living in these "high risk" councils can only leave their respective council if they have one of many justifications like a Doctor note, work note, movie tickets, etc. 

The distance between councils is nothing which is why a movie ticket is enough to cross councils.

in these 120 high risk councils restaurants close at 22.30h (with 6 people max at each table) and shopping centers close at 22h. 

The police are making control checks in several council borders so trips across councils can be a pain. 

It´s not really a Lockdown 2.0 because the impact is very mild as we can all go about our daily lives as the goverment is mostly asking for common sense to reduce new cases.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

I booked a consultation with Dr. Ferreira on the 11th of November at 16.30h.


I will be driving 3 hours from Lisbon and I just need Dr. BF note to be allowed to make this trip.

We have 120 councils on lockdown so people living in these "high risk" councils can only leave their respective council if they have one of many justifications like a Doctor note, work note, movie tickets, etc. 

The distance between councils is nothing which is why a movie ticket is enough to cross councils.

in these 120 high risk councils restaurants close at 22.30h (with 6 people max at each table) and shopping centers close at 22h. 

The police are making control checks in several council borders so trips across councils can be a pain. 

It´s not really a Lockdown 2.0 because the impact is very mild as we can all go about our daily lives as the goverment is mostly asking for common sense to reduce new cases.

woops double post.

Edited by LondonRamen
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

I booked a consultation with Dr. Ferreira on the 11th of November at 16.30h.


I will be driving 3 hours from Lisbon and I just need Dr. BF note to be allowed to make this trip.

We have 120 councils on lockdown so people living in these "high risk" councils can only leave their respective council if they have one of many justifications like a Doctor note, work note, movie tickets, etc. 

The distance between councils is nothing which is why a movie ticket is enough to cross councils.

in these 120 high risk councils restaurants close at 22.30h (with 6 people max at each table) and shopping centers close at 22h. 

The police are making control checks in several council borders so trips across councils can be a pain. 

It´s not really a Lockdown 2.0 because the impact is very mild as we can all go about our daily lives as the goverment is mostly asking for common sense to reduce new cases.

Interesting, I note the Dr's clinic is in Espinho, which is not quite porto is it? Is that a distinct council from porto central? Should I anticipate any issues in booking a taxi to take me from Porto airport to my accomodation at espinho?  Though I imagine needing to go home after landing at an airport should be a good enough reason to cross council lines even if they are distinct (and I still have my medical forms from the Dr as further proof for my needing to cross borders).

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, LondonRamen said:

Interesting, I note the Dr's clinic is in Espinho, which is not quite porto is it? Is that a distinct council from porto central? Should I anticipate any issues in booking a taxi to take me from Porto airport to my accomodation at espinho?  Though I imagine needing to go home after landing at an airport should be a good enough reason to cross council lines even if they are distinct (and I still have my medical forms from the Dr as further proof for my needing to cross borders).

Espinho is another council so your taxi might be pulled over on the way and have to show your Doctor’s note. 
Also, don’t use taxi just download Uber and Bolt (cheaper).

Download Uber Eats app because  Uber Eats can deliver up to 01AM while restaurants need to close at 22.30h. 

If you are coming from the UK and have a Revolut card you dont need to bring a single euro as you can pay Uber/Bolt and everything else with Revolut and get a way better exchange rate.

Edited by Portugal25
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Portugal25 said:

Espinho is another council so your taxi might be pulled over on the way and have to show your Doctor’s note. 
Also, don’t use taxi just download Uber and Bolt (cheaper).

Download Uber Eats app because  Uber Eats can deliver up to 01AM while restaurants need to close at 22.30h. 

If you are coming from the UK and have a Revolut card you dont need to bring a single euro as you can pay Uber/Bolt and everything else with Revolut and get a way better exchange rate.

Many thanks for this, I appreciate it. Best of luck with your consultation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Portugal25 said:

I booked a consultation with Dr. Ferreira on the 11th of November at 16.30h.


I will be driving 3 hours from Lisbon and I just need Dr. BF note to be allowed to make this trip.

We have 120 councils on lockdown so people living in these "high risk" councils can only leave their respective council if they have one of many justifications like a Doctor note, work note, movie tickets, etc. 

The distance between councils is nothing which is why a movie ticket is enough to cross councils.

in these 120 high risk councils restaurants close at 22.30h (with 6 people max at each table) and shopping centers close at 22h. 

The police are making control checks in several council borders so trips across councils can be a pain. 

It´s not really a Lockdown 2.0 because the impact is very mild as we can all go about our daily lives as the goverment is mostly asking for common sense to reduce new cases.

Hi @Portugal25 What is your consultation with Dr. Bruno Ferreira for? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Grafts said:

Hi @Portugal25 What is your consultation with Dr. Bruno Ferreira for? 

Going to @Dr. Bruno Ferreira so he can evaluate my remaining scalp donor area and determine the number of grafts needed for a third HT to add overall density to my scalp.
The crown has some gaps and the frontal hairline rebuilt by Dr. Rahal in 2008 has thinned out.

Counting on Dr. Bruno to manage to extract at least 2k grafts from my scalp and maybe also from my beard if necessary.  

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Portugal25 said:

Going to @Dr. Bruno Ferreira so he can evaluate my remaining scalp donor area and determine the number of grafts needed for a third HT to add overall density to my scalp.
The crown has some gaps and the frontal hairline rebuilt by Dr. Rahal in 2008 has thinned out.

Counting on Dr. Bruno to manage to extract at least 2k grafts from my scalp and maybe also from my beard if necessary.  

I guess it's your first time meeting him in person? Please share how that goes with us

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, giegnosiganoe said:

I guess it's your first time meeting him in person? Please share how that goes with us

Exchanged several emails but never met him in person. Will keep you posted. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators
5 hours ago, Portugal25 said:

Going to @Dr. Bruno Ferreira so he can evaluate my remaining scalp donor area and determine the number of grafts needed for a third HT to add overall density to my scalp.
The crown has some gaps and the frontal hairline rebuilt by Dr. Rahal in 2008 has thinned out.

Counting on Dr. Bruno to manage to extract at least 2k grafts from my scalp and maybe also from my beard if necessary.  

Do you think you can share what your hairline looked before and now? Do you think it’s the HT that thinned out, or that you’ve lost additional native hair.

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Do you think you can share what your hairline looked before and now? Do you think it’s the HT that thinned out, or that you’ve lost additional native hair.

100% certain that it’s the HT that thinned out because I had a dense packed hairline and now it’s gone. 
Don’t have HD photos but from these 3 facebook photos taken 1 year after Rahal you can see what I had and compare with today.

C6D8A06D-6CF4-41C4-80CD-0DCFEADAC6C9.jpeg

67EAA011-A81F-49C4-B3FE-88C3CAB5F342.jpeg

EC1A39AE-168B-4C93-A4A7-A2B4B802FBF2.jpeg

9AA1B3BA-EF5C-4BA3-A3B3-05DE5AE7123E.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators
54 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

100% certain that it’s the HT that thinned out because I had a dense packed hairline and now it’s gone. 
Don’t have HD photos but from these 3 facebook photos taken 1 year after Rahal you can see what I had and compare with today.

C6D8A06D-6CF4-41C4-80CD-0DCFEADAC6C9.jpeg

67EAA011-A81F-49C4-B3FE-88C3CAB5F342.jpeg

EC1A39AE-168B-4C93-A4A7-A2B4B802FBF2.jpeg

9AA1B3BA-EF5C-4BA3-A3B3-05DE5AE7123E.jpeg

Thats shocking, were you completely bald though before? Can you share a pre-op photo before Rahal? 

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Thats shocking, were you completely bald though before? Can you share a pre-op photo before Rahal? 

This is my pre-op picture 12 years ago when I was 25 years old just before having my HT with Dr. Rahal.

6468F775-20FC-4928-A5F3-0881F659A0F7.jpeg

66E19073-09C2-4D40-B075-402CCDD7F358.jpeg

Edited by Portugal25
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...