Dr. Bisanga - FUE Donor Farming/Restocking

With the ever increasing demand in FUE surgery, we are fortunate to be able to see some of the most impressive and refined hair restoration results. Unfortunately, we also see more and more poor quality surgery that presents no end of issues for patients. One such issue is the lack of understanding and respect for donor management protocols leaving the patient with an overharvested and depleted donor area.

In the following video, Dr. Bisanga breaks down some of the important elements of understanding the donor area and emphasises the need for an in-depth evaluation and an appropriately tailored approach for each patient based on empirical date.

• Like 2

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• Administrators

Wow excellent video, I think I asked about this previously 👏🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Real cutting edge stuff, hopefully the days of the doctor saying simply "you have a good donor" are gone, as it is far too subjective and not science based. This is really where the industry needs to be heading with accurate, solid assessments that really give the patient the full picture to then make decisions.

In 11 years  I have met countless patients who have had "consultations" and even recently also, and I always ask them what were the results from it in terms of any actual readings, and nearly all will say no data was given, and a few will give figures that show the doc or rep were clueless like you have 40,000 grafts in your donor.  

There is tons of information out there on what surgery should look like but by and large not a lot on what a consultation should consist of, so it is good to see this standard set and hopefully this industry will become more science based with regards to this. 

• Like 1

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

• 10 months later...

This is what the industry needs and I am surprised they don't have it either. 

I have been to TOP top doctors, and the evaluation of my hair has varied so wildly. Here are examples: 

Doctor 1 assessment: 

Black hair. Average to low density. Hair thickness above average. Wavy. Donor area: 3.5. 

Doctor 2 assessment: 

Dark brown. Low density. Low thickness. straight hair. Poor candidate. 2-2.5K. 

Doctor 3 assessment. 

Black hair. (actually said very black, asian straight hair). Hair density: average. Hair thickness: above average. Donor Area: 4-4.5. 

And we are talking about an operation that is life changing and cost >20K. 

I need to go and see Dr. Bisanga. 100%. 

• Like 1