Demir Ilter - Sweeden

Rossybop

Can anyone tell me about Demir Ilter in Sweeden? He has great Google Reviews and a huge portfolio of brilliant results on Instagram. He seems to transplant 2,000ish per procedure; no huge numbers such as 3,500 for hairline repair. His prices seem good too.

I think he was an associate of Dr Rudi De Reys who used to be part of this site, and they both started out at Belgian clinic.  But I could be wrong.

No idea if he's any good.

Edited by 1978matt
  • Like 1

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Don't base your choice on reviews from Google, Instagram, Facebook, or surgeon or clinic sites, based on the experiences of real patients posting on this forum, if you want advice.

• Administrators

Never heard of them, doesn’t mean they are bad. My advice is look up real reviews.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

The challenge is finding - and recognizing - real reviews. The reviews I have found are generally good. He has been on ISHRS for almost 18 years and is the only ISHRS doctor in Sweeden. For FUE he uses a small punch tool - 0.5/0.8mm. He doesn't like to do big sessions (2,300+) in one sitting. His Insta portfolio looks good but like everyone says that could be just marketing, hence why I am here trying to find real customers inform me of their experience.

One thing that's intriguing about him is that he seems to operate on a lot of patients who have similar hair/dermatological features as myself (fair hair, fair skin, fine hair [Scandanavian] etc). I believe it is good to seek out surgeons that can demonstrate results on patients who have similar features to prospective customers that are shopping for a HT.

• Administrators

Real reviews are usually on forums like this one, if you’re not seeing any that would be of concern.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Are you from Sweden? Don't do the mistake of going for geographical convenience. There are 3-4 clinics in Sweden that can give you a good result (actually some of my RL friends did it here), but the consistency isn't there. You are taking a gamble. Especially since the price in Sweden is equally as high as the top clinics you can find in Belgium or Spain.

Hey, I'm actually not from Sweeden. I'm from Ireland. I just discovered Ilter Clinic in Sweeden by accident and the social media results look good, that's why I'm here investigating :) The price in Sweeden us still cheaper than Ireland. HRBR in Dublin is probably one of the most expensive clinics in the world, they've treated a lot of celebrities, so I'm looking for cheaper options overseas. If Dr Ilter's results are not consistent I will continue to look elsewhere. Thanks dude.

First I have to correct you on the spelling of the name of the country because it's driving me mad. Sweden*. 😀

I can see on his page that he charges 52.000kr for 2200 grafts. That would be about 5015 Euro which is like 2,3 Euro per graft.

At that price interval I would go for a proven option like Asmed or Demirsoy or even Cinik.

Thank you very much for the spelling correction! I like to exercise proper grammar and punctuation too. Note duly taken :)

Those are his prices. The problem with the other places you mentioned is that they have bad reviews online if you do a thorough search. Cinik is not even listed on ISHRS which is a straight red flag for me.

As for Turkey I trust Dr Bicer but the problem I have with her is that she seems to use too much donor hair. She said she would use 3,000 - 3,500 follicles for my hairline whereas other professionals have told me about 2,000 - 2,500 would be enough.

3 minutes ago, Rossybop said:

Thank you very much for the spelling correction! I like to exercise proper grammar and punctuation too. Note duly taken :)

Those are his prices. The problem with the other places you mentioned is that they have bad reviews online if you do a thorough search. Cinik is not even listed on ISHRS which is a straight red flag for me.

Koray Erdogan is the industry leader in Turkey. Yes, there are two or three examples around here that had subpar growth. But you'll never find a complete disaster with a botched donor or anyone looking like a freak. A couple of less successful cases will occur when you have more cases than anyone else on this forum.

A year or so ago there was a problem with Koray results getting a bit inconsistent since he was upgrading the number of patients he does a day. But I believe he has finetuned his operation and that the situation is under control as of late. Someone like @JayLDD, @Melvin-Moderator or @Yaz89 can correct me if I'm wrong on that last part.

9 minutes ago, BjornBorg said:

What would be your budget and how many grafts are you looking for?

Because at 5000 Euro or below, there is noone safer than Koray I would argue.

But if you are willing to go up a bit, then yes there are better options.

Budget is up to approximately €7,000. Most surgeons have estimated that I'll need 2,000 - 2,500 grafts except for Dr Bicer. Bisanga and Cole in Athens, Anastasakis (Greece), and Dr Saifi (Poland) have got more consistent reviews than Erdogan and they are within my price range.

1 hour ago, BjornBorg said:

Koray Erdogan is the industry leader in Turkey. Yes, there are two or three examples around here that had subpar growth. But you'll never find a complete disaster with a botched donor or anyone looking like a freak. A couple of less successful cases will occur when you have more cases than anyone else on this forum.

Look for the Dust78 thread, then see if there are any cases of a donor looking like a monster.

• Sad 1