Can I Have A Hair Transplant To Lower My Hairline- Lower Than Nature?

• Administrators

I receive this question at least twice a day. Nine times out of ten, the guy who is asking is under 30. I would love if we as a community can give some real pros and cons and dive in to the possibilities that can occur when someone under 30 decides to lower their hairline even lower than they had when they were an adolescent. 

Can I have a Hair Transplant to Lower My Hairline- Lower Than Nature?

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I honestly can never understand why people want to go lower than even their original hairline.

Having a hairline which will suit us going in to our late 20s,30s and beyond should be considered. Let’s face it if your already losing hair early on your really not going to have sufficient donor to do anything like dropping it too far. 

• Like 1

Is this answering the question?

The biggest mistake of my life by the abomination of the black market clinics. 

20201018_133626.jpg

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

Most of us would be surprised at how many single hair grafts it would take to lower any hairline by only 2 cm.

But the real problem occurs when the progressive thinning continues behind the hairline and then get caught chasing the loss.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I would say to avoid anything this like the plague.   In my opinion when entering the realm of hair transplantation the most useful mindset to adopt is you will never end up with more hair than you started out with.    

Wait till 30 and aim for an age appropriate appearance and keep your precious grafts like a chess game for as and when you will need them

Ask anyone how many men in their 40's plus have a hairline of a 20 year old.

• Like 1

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, voxman said:

I say try it on first before you commit...

206f5acfad8f610f2b8851ac5c328728.jpg

😂 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Just as important as running out of hair for other places down the road...

Is realizing that your face is going to change shape as your bone structures mature, your nose gets bigger and droops, your lips get thinner, your eyes get bags, your cheeks deflate....etc, and an 18 year old hairline on top of all that is going to look pretty silly and out of place!

And in spite of what you think in your teens and 20s, you WILL STILL care alot about how you look in your 40s,50s,60s...

• Valued Contributor

This is such a huge problem that affects young men especially in the late teens to early 20's and it certainly affected me terribly. At the age of 18 I was beginning to recede, slightly in hindsight. However, the fear of going bald took over to such an extent that I could hardly function socially. I always had a high hairline and sadly I chose to have a hair transplant at 18. What I was really trying to achieve was to have a low hairline with no understanding of the consequences at such a young age. I became more depressed and self conscious after this surgery than before!

I keep telling people who are in the same shoes who pop up in this forum not to make the same mistakes that I did in the hope that they will learn from them. Firstly it's a lot cheaper, both financially and emotionally and secondly, it will enable them to remain with a scalp that is not left scarred for life. I'm fine now after many, many years. This is an extremely important topic. Thanks for putting it up Melvin.

• Like 3

You have no idea how many men ask me about this. The "ideal" proportions for a face are 1/3 from bottom of the chin to the bottom of the nose, 1/3 from the bottom of the nose to the eyebrows, and 1/3 from the eyebrows to the hairline. There are so many people who want their hairline to be lowered whereby it would violate these proportions and it DOES not look good. 

image.thumb.png.90a2ced3ffd279dea3bfe6a39fc6b55f.png

• Like 2

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

On 10/22/2020 at 9:26 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Nine times out of ten, the guy who is asking is under 30.

So, perhaps i'm the 1 out of 10...

Mid 30s. Very fine hair. ALWAYS had a very high natural hairline, which I have always disliked.

It is something I consider lowering on a frequent basis, despite knowing the risks. 

Now, am i wanting to lower it to a crazy norwood -1? No.
Would I be interested to lower it to make my face more in line with the proportional 3rds..? Yes. It is something I would like to do. The question is how stable my hair is, how willing i am to go on Fin for the rest of my life, and which doctor to use...

• Administrators
1 hour ago, voxman said:

Pics would be in order for us to challenge or support your scheme. 

^this

View my thread

Depends on multiple factors.  If you have an extremely wide or high forhead you need to approach differently.  If you have an average head you shouldnt lower it.  Some people can carry it and some can’t.   Hair type matters and proper surgical protocols will matter.  Everything has to be taken in account for when enhancing the hairline or lowering.  

Yes, it is true that a hairline expert surgeon  with maximum level of artistry is required.  Dense packing should be avoided.  If a patient says Lateral slit, they should get lateral slit instead of hair sticking up like trees.  Proper Lateral slit adds to an illusion of a more natural hairline with enhancement towards density.  

I would say tread carefully with anything in the hairline.  Avoid surgeons that say anything to get you in the chair.  Do not fall for a surgeons guarantee.  Otherwise, folks can end up like what i’m going through.  Best of luck to all.

If you have a naturally high hairline and haven't lost too much ground then I don't see the issue, lowering doesn't automatically mean you're trying to get Zayn Malik's hairline.

Also I'm not sure about the whole age appropriate thing. I often see older guys with great hairlines, do I look at them and think "wow, they look stupid"? No, I think wow what a lucky bastard lol.

• Like 1

The point with age appropriate is really around donor capacity as opposed to aesthetic reasons.   If you are that far gone and depending on your loss pattern you are best to stay  age appropriate so you have enough in the bank to address all other areas as they continue to lose hair.

Blowing it all lowering the hairline is rolling the dice a bit.

• Administrators
19 hours ago, BLE123 said:

If you have a naturally high hairline and haven't lost too much ground then I don't see the issue, lowering doesn't automatically mean you're trying to get Zayn Malik's hairline.

Also I'm not sure about the whole age appropriate thing. I often see older guys with great hairlines, do I look at them and think "wow, they look stupid"? No, I think wow what a lucky bastard lol.

Even an older man with a fantastic hairline, for example Ronald Reagan has a natural height and shape. The problem is when people try and get a hairline that is unnaturally low, it just doesn’t look good, even if it is possible.

image.jpeg

View my thread

President Reagan enjoyed an awesome head of hair his entire lifetime!

Gillenator