Use of topical after hair transplant (no minoxidil, collagen depletion)

I am 14 days post-op FUE transplant. The clinic gave me a finasteride+minoxidil lotion. I already use finasteride tablets, and I don't like using minoxidil, but I do like the idea of using a topical growth stimulation.

Of course I don't want to do any harm to my grafts, could any of the ingredients of this topical (see below) harm the outcome of my hair transplant (when start using now)?

I don't want to use minoxidil because I am scared for collagen depletion, I read (YouTube comment) that Hasson&Wong advised against minoxidil because of this.

Screenshot 2020-10-22 at 21.33.12.png

Screenshot 2020-10-22 at 22.11.28.png

Edited by alex85

• alex85 changed the title to Use of topical after hair transplant (no minoxidil)

If you want results, don't let what you don't like deter you from what works. Minoxidil pilot study showing of 12 participants, 2 never shed the transplanted hairs and 2 more that did shed started new growth within a few weeks instead of the usual several months. 

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/3558912/

In general, I would only take what your clinic gives you or explicitly approves after you ask them. Ingredient lists are nice, but especially for hair growth potions, etc, unless you send them off to a chemistry lab to be analyzed you can't say for sure what's actually in them.

I looked at the "Sanguisorba Officinalis.." and had to look again, swore I read Officenails :D

• alex85 changed the title to Use of topical after hair transplant (no minoxidil, collagen depletion)