FUT with PRP sessions afterwards

Most of the crusting has disappeared. Thought I’d take the time to show my hair wet so y’all can get an idea of where I’m at on the nw scale before growth occurs.

As I mentioned in the first post, I’m a late nw2 and was basically a nw3 in the left temple (my left). I combed my hair that way so my hair didn’t look too bad before I did this but it was getting there since my scalp had started to thin. I’ll post some normal pictures of my hair here later.

You can kind of see the outer line of the new hairline Arocha gave me. For the most part, he filled in the areas where I was receding (which is what I wanted, wasn’t going for a teenager hairline). He certainly filled in that left temple quite a bit. Regardless, these pics with my hair wet are pretty close to how I looked before.

For my routine, I’m back to twice daily minox. I’m now covering my whole head and crown which I didn’t do before. I might resume micro needling in a month or so. We’ll see. I still want to be careful with the grafts for now though. I may microneedle my crown and center scalp soon.

Here’s to nearly a month post-op.

0EEB3C8D-55AE-4E0E-BBAB-3607A46DEEE2.jpeg

36B55B08-4BDA-4027-9BDE-D63122BB1EB1.jpeg

1E301E2A-D05B-42A7-95EB-5799C1570346.jpeg

40DCE510-DC43-40D6-AF20-0FED043170A1.jpeg

Edited by living_tribunal

3 hours ago, living_tribunal said:

Most of the crusting has disappeared. Thought I’d take the time to show my hair wet so y’all can get an idea of where I’m at on the nw scale before growth occurs.

As I mentioned in the first post, I’m a late nw2 and was basically a nw3 in the left temple (my left). I combed my hair that way so my hair didn’t look too bad before I did this but it was getting there since my scalp had started to thin. I’ll post some normal pictures of my hair here later.

You can kind of see the outer line of the new hairline Arocha gave me. For the most part, he filled in the areas where I was receding (which is what I wanted, wasn’t going for a teenager hairline). He certainly filled in that left temple quite a bit. Regardless, these pics with my hair wet are pretty close to how I looked before.

For my routine, I’m back to twice daily minox. I’m now covering my whole head and crown which I didn’t do before. I might resume micro needling in a month or so. We’ll see. I still want to be careful with the grafts for now though. I may microneedle my crown and center scalp soon.

Here’s to nearly a month post-op.

0EEB3C8D-55AE-4E0E-BBAB-3607A46DEEE2.jpeg

36B55B08-4BDA-4027-9BDE-D63122BB1EB1.jpeg

1E301E2A-D05B-42A7-95EB-5799C1570346.jpeg

40DCE510-DC43-40D6-AF20-0FED043170A1.jpeg

I'd avoid microneedling the recipient area until the grafts are fully grown in unless the clinic gives you the okay to do otherwise. 

It's been over 3 weeks at this point so today I'm finally going back to the gym. Dr. Arocha cautioned to not do squats for a year which I really don't think I can do. I won't perform them for the next 1-2 months but will definitely have to at some point. I can't take a year off from squats...

So for the time being, it's bench press, deadlift, and leg press.

39 minutes ago, living_tribunal said:

It's been over 3 weeks at this point so today I'm finally going back to the gym. Dr. Arocha cautioned to not do squats for a year which I really don't think I can do. I won't perform them for the next 1-2 months but will definitely have to at some point. I can't take a year off from squats...

So for the time being, it's bench press, deadlift, and leg press.

Why not? Your physique isn't going to know the difference but your scar probably will.

Edited by Mycroft

1 hour ago, Mycroft said:

Why not? Your physique isn't going to know the difference but your scar probably will.

That's just such a long time to take off from a full work out. Most doctors say you can resume lifting at a month in. I'll give it a couple of months for sure. But a year? That's a long time to not lift my legs properly.

2 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Why not? Your physique isn't going to know the difference but your scat probably will.

46 minutes ago, living_tribunal said:

That's just such a long time to take off from a full work out. Most doctors say you can resume lifting at a month in. I'll give it a couple of months for sure. But a year? That's a long time to not lift my legs properly.

The back squat has gotten way overhyped as a "necessary" leg movement. I promise you that you can get a hell of a leg workout without the barbell back squat. 

Check with the clinic, but I'd hazard a guess that front squats, split squats, goblet squats, and probably even Zercher squats are all better alternatives if you can't get it out of your head that you must squat for whatever reason.

51 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

The back squat has gotten way overhyped as a "necessary" leg movement. I promise you that you can get a hell of a leg workout without the barbell back squat. 

Check with the clinic, but I'd hazard a guess that front squats, split squats, goblet squats, and probably even Zercher squats are all better alternatives if you can't get it out of your head that you must squat for whatever reason.

Eh, I mean goblet, split, zercher don't do much. I can't carry dumbbells that are 250lbs lol. Front squats are great but not for your hamstrings which is always the goal. It is what it is, I'm going to just feel it out. Leg press is fine but it just doesn't tear near as much muscle as good ole squats do. They also just release so much growth hormone.

Like I said, I'll go a couple of months but I really don't think I can take a year off of squatting. I'm sure I can find a way to relieve the tension/pulling on the neck.

• 2 months later...

So it’s been about 3 months since I’ve had the procedure so wanted to post a quick follow up.

I did experience the temporary shedding period but it came and passed rather fast. At this point, most of the new hair is growing and thickening up. My hairline already looks a lot better and I’m starting to receive compliments. I’m sure in a month or two, with a haircut to even out the hairs, my hair will look fantastic. 

I really appreciate everyone dealing with my paranoia after I had the procedure, this was the best decision I’ve ever made.

9E1498C4-C54E-4758-A5B8-B234FEC67802.jpeg

E5512729-8983-4AB7-A546-26CBA8215910.jpeg

CF346626-FB3E-4E03-887E-CB024BC53CF6.jpeg

540AF3A5-91E3-4AB6-9640-0E78E18E8347.jpeg

AEABAB53-AC07-49E5-B7F1-17F81897F276.jpeg

Just now, Mycroft said:

Wow, yeah. That's a lot of early sprouting clearly visible, and three months is very early. The redness doesn't look too bad either.

The redness has subsided for the most part. I'll try to get better pics later today. The left scalp has really come in. My concerns about him overfilling the left scalp kind of came true but it still looks pretty good. I might have to change which way I part my hair. Small price to pay for a better hairline though. 

Wow awesome results at 3 months.  I hope my hairline looks anywhere close to that.  I just had my FUE to fill in my receding hairline and I'm worried my hair follicles won't grow that quickly.  How long after your transplant did you wait to start Finasteride?  My doctor told me they did PRP injections before implanting the grafts, do you think it would it help to go for another PRP session in a month or so to speed up the growth?