My hair transplant journey! 3000 Graft FUT

Cody95

1 hour ago, Cali Time said:

So your still taking fin. How about minoxidil you still on that? Great fast results for 5 months 

Yep still taking fin and still using minoxidil and will continue to. Its the best line of defense from further recession, which I know is inevitable.. but hoping to buy quite a bit of time before I eventually get a 2nd transplant down the road!

• Like 1

• Administrators

Looking good 👏🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

9 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

This has really improved so much in the last month. 👏

Yeah its actually shocking how fast its happening now lol, but I guess now a lot of the finer hairs are starting to mature so its really filling in the gaps. Its so hard to even notice the scalp underneath now haha

Words just cannot describe how much this has changed my life! In such a short time. Anyone who is on the fence should consider a HT... its not for everyone but the results are mind boggling. Even advanced cases like mine (NW4) there is hope that it can yield an excellent result!

The new hair is a bit wirey and coarse but apparently it takes some time for the texture to change to match the rest of the hair.

I know I'm one of the luckier ones because I am an early grower... my doctor said its rare to see a result like this in under 6 months. I hope that people who are watching this thread know this... I don't want anyone feeling bad about their results at 6 months because this is very early in the process for the large majority. Many people are just starting their growth at this time. Anyway, I hope everyone is finding the updates atleast a bit interesting and I will continue to as I go, albeit the results may be less and less noticeable from this point onward. 😁20210108_131337.thumb.jpg.4a77ca0fe57f1da1f7b159ac4b31cb24.jpg

Edited by Cody95
  • Like 3

• Administrators

Looks great 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

5 hours ago, deitel130 said:

Front looks really nice and dense. Huge difference from the pre-op. 

Yes the density is amazing! The mircrograft technology the clinic uses is one of the best. The founder of the clinic, the late Dr. Seager actually pioneered this high density micrograft method and he was very highly regarded in all of North America. The current clinic still uses his methods! That was a huge selling factor for me. My result is also a great example of how effective FUT can be in fulfilling a high density transplant.

Edited by Cody95

Bro your hairline is not subtle at all. It looks really obvious you've had work done (which is not the goal). Maybe its the angle or lighting but you've achieved the density yet fallen short on the "natural look". Can you post more pics

9 hours ago, Navthedon said:

Bro your hairline is not subtle at all. It looks really obvious you've had work done (which is not the goal). Maybe its the angle or lighting but you've achieved the density yet fallen short on the "natural look". Can you post more pics

Do you mean in terms of a "pluggy look"? 

Yeah the lighting and pics I took there aren't great for seeing the details. Im not even at 6 months yet and the texture of it is still coarse, wiry and a bit whispy unlike my native hairs so its not yet matured. I think once the hair is matured, the staggered peaks they added should make it look a bit more natural I think. I also dont think I'll be doing a slick back sort of style.. I'm just doing it in my pics so its abit more clear to see the changes, I'll probably pull it forward to conceal the hairline a bit. I think its always important to consider specific hairstyles and realize that in many cases you're limited to what you can pull off, even after a transplant. Still miles better than where I started lol... and it has many improvements yet to go. I'll transplant again if necessary 😅

Heres an upclose of the hairline with direct light and its still quite unnmatured 

20210109_115437.jpg

Edited by Cody95
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Navthedon said:

What is the "natural look" ? This is fantastic, not only as a result but within the 6 month timeline. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, andrew11 said:

What is the "natural look" ? This is fantastic, not only as a result but within the 6 month timeline. 

Honestly overall hair transplants will never actually look totally natural tbh, because its not lol. But they can get some pretty good results, and people on these threads tend to be dramatically more critical than most because we all spend a lot of time looking at hairlines LOL. Normal average people probably don't notice the little imperfections, especially if you can mask it with nice hair styles! For me I'm pretty happy with my results and I know its still early and it will improve even further! Like I said earlier hah, its by FAR alot better than before transplant!

Edited by Cody95
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Cody95 said:

Honestly overall hair transplants will never actually look totally natural tbh, because its not lol. But they can get some pretty good results, and people on these threads tend to be dramatically more critical than most because we all spend a lot of time looking at hairlines LOL. Normal average people probably don't notice the little imperfections, especially if you can mask it with nice hair styles! For me I'm pretty happy with my results and I know its still early and it will improve even further! Like I said earlier hah, its by FAR alot better than before transplant!

This is awesome for 6 months and its a life changing result already ! 👌

I guarentee no one would ever think this would be a transplant in regular day to day life

Edited by andrew11
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JohnAC71 said:

I’m guessing they pretty much followed what would have been your original hairline ? 

Yeah its pretty much that, he based on old photos. My original hairline was pretty straight. Maybe it might not be great in the long run I dont know, it might look too juvenile as I age not sure yet. I can always correct it probably if necessary.