My hair transplant journey! 3000 Graft FUT

Cody95

About myself: Age 26, norwood4. On 1mg finasteride daily and 5% Minoxidil for 4 Months preop. Medium hair shaft thickeness with Straight hair. Significant anterior miniaturizing  and very minimal at crown. Strong donor density. 

I had a 3000 graft FUT done by Seager Hair Transplant Centre in Toronto, Ontario Canada. Dr. Aditya Gupta.

Im going to post my results thus far and I hope somebody on here finds this helpful. I will continue to update as I go!

These first pics are what I looked like Pre Op. 

20201019_213156.jpg

20201019_213221.jpg

20201019_213234.jpg

Edited by Cody95

These ones are Immediate Post Op. Surgery took about 8-10 Hours. Was totally painless. The numbing was excellent. Virtually Zero discomfort. 

The first few nights were a bit tough because of the uncomfortable bandages and throbbing headaches. Was prescribed Oxycodone painkillers and it took all the pain away. By day 4 there was virtually no pain just tenderness.

20201019_213255.jpg

20201019_213306.jpg

Edited by Cody95
Update

7 weeks post op. Regrowth began again. I was surprised at how soon it started. Mind you, I am taking 1mg Finasteride daily and 5% Minoxidil Foam twice a day which works to speed things up a bit. But all in all its a great start. Folliculitus started around this point. Small red bumps from the new hairs trying to break through the skin. Sometimes a bit itchy but not bad at all. Its a good sign!

20201019_213344.jpg

20201019_213400.jpg

Edited by Cody95

• Cody95 changed the title to My hair transplant journey! 3000 Graft FUT
  • Administrators

Thanks for sharing your journey with us, happy growing 🙌🏼

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 10/28/2020 at 8:08 AM, hairlossPA said:

looks good. how’s the scar 

Scar is good! It healed quite fast, its not very big either. Apparently it still has a while let until its matured so it'll get even smaller! 

• 2 weeks later...

In case anyone was wondering about the FUT scar. Here is how it looks at just over 3.5 months. Just a bit red but otherwise not noticeable. The surgeon used a trichophytic closure technique which minimizes scaring and allows for hairs to grow through the scar. Pretty happy with it overall.

20201112_210116.jpg

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, Cody95 said:

In case anyone was wondering about the FUT scar. Here is how it looks at just over 3.5 months. Just a bit red but otherwise not noticeable. The surgeon used a trichophytic closure technique which minimizes scaring and allows for hairs to grow through the scar. Pretty happy with it overall.

20201112_210116.jpg

That's looking very good at such an early stage. Scars take 'at least' a year to mature and even then they continue to improve. All the best!

• Like 2