Thick beard hair combined with thin scalp hair?

Hi! I'm currently saving money for a hair transplant and just wondered if anyone has any experience with moving beard hair to the scalp? My facial hair is thick and hard (please don't make any jokes), and I imagine it will feel super weird with having hard strands of hair on the head where the majority of the hair is thinner and feels softer. What do you think about this?

Edited by bruceporter

Hair transplant surgeons know that beard hair must be grafted into the mid and vertex of the scalp, not in the front line, beware, if you go to Turkey in some pseudo clinic, the opposite could happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnAC71 said:

Which clinics was you looking at? Eugenix do some really good BHT. Dr Mwamba, Brussels too! @mustang 

I'm impressed of the results from Dr. Cinik and I've been following several people who got their transplant there, so I've been thinking of going to Cinik.

Ok fair enough but just be aware it’s a hair mill. So the Dr does not do any of the procedure, it’s just totally tech driven. Lots of patients and no Dr involvement isn’t good. That’s not to say their arnt good results out there. Just search this forum first and you will see what I mean. Ask @Egyfor example.

Wait @JohnAC71 , I am attributing to Cinik only the superficiality with which he treats patients (which is still a constant in low cost clinics), regarding my situation, I booked a visit with a  trichologist and I will also do a scalp biopsy, which is what Cinik advised me through his consultant, in fact, I am convinced that if it had been a procedure problem, the grafts would not have grown back at all, instead I from the fifth to the  eighth month I had an excellent regrowth. Those few hairline  double grafts that I have, it wasn't in Cinik's clinic that they put them on me, but he saw and could have removed them if he wanted to.

Edited by Egy

4 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

I know I’m 50/50 with how I feel about Dr Cinik. I get it’s a low cost hair mill. But with some really good results on occasion. 

I agree, unfortunately not everyone has the economic possibilities to afford a top surgeon, if I have had a higher budget I would certainly not have gone to him, nor to Turkey.

• Like 1