Regretting hair transplant as 25 years old

Hi people,

I have been real depressed the last few weeks now.

As the title  says, I really regret that I took a hair transplant as a 25 year old. Had not done research, just went trough youtube  and let the emotions take over.
I was pretty bald at the top, and was dreaming about the things you guys know.
So, I dont know what to do as it was  3 months ago i did the transplant. Will this end in failure in 10-15 years when I have now used up almost all of my donor?

edit: 3 months ago

Edited by Ajamilo

You can jump on fin if you want to maintain what hair you have. Who did you go too for your transplant? How many grafts did you get? 
This is the worse time after getting a transplant since it won’t be until another couple more months for growth to start kicking off. 

Edited by JohnAC71
1 minute ago, JohnAC71 said:

You can jump on fin if you want to maintain what hair you have. Who did you go too for your transplant? How many grafts did you get? 
This is the worse time after getting a transplant since it won’t be until after another couple my months for growth.

I started with finasteride last week. The thing is that i'm just worried after i read trought this side and what people have been trought. since i was almost bald on the top as 25 years old, i always thought that MPB could not do anything harm more, but that is not true tho :(

Don't feel bad about getting a transplant now. Getting a transplant when your at Norwood 3/4 is actually ideal since you probably now are on a NW2 with a good hairline. If you waited longer you may not have had enough grafts for a decent hairline.

25 is on the younger side but then again you would want to have hair through your younger years which are your best years, at least in terms of appearance. A lot of people say to get a transplant when you're older but that's probably is because a lot of guys aren't on Norwood 3/4 till they're 30.  Like John said I would hop on finasteride. Just start with a low dosage to reduce the chances of side effects. 0.5mg every day or 1mg 3x a week should be good.

Worse comes to worse and you lose a lot of hair in about 10 years time then you can be happy that you at least had hair in younger days. For me personally, it's better to have hair in your 20s then to have none in your 40s.

9 hours ago, TheDarkHour said:

Don't feel bad about getting a transplant now. Getting a transplant when your at Norwood 3/4 is actually ideal since you probably now are on a NW2 with a good hairline. If you waited longer you may not have had enough grafts for a decent hairline.

25 is on the younger side but then again you would want to have hair through your younger years which are your best years, at least in terms of appearance. A lot of people say to get a transplant when you're older but that's probably is because a lot of guys aren't on Norwood 3/4 till they're 30.  Like John said I would hop on finasteride. Just start with a low dosage to reduce the chances of side effects. 0.5mg every day or 1mg 3x a week should be good.

Worse comes to worse and you lose a lot of hair in about 10 years time then you can be happy that you at least had hair in younger days. For me personally, it's better to have hair in your 20s then to have none in your 40s.

Hi,

the thing is that my hairline is still really bad and i went to a cheap clinic who did not care about my donor area, so now I’m afraid of deplest donor area and that is making me crazy.

Everything has stopped up now, this has effected my study at school, since this has stressed me out and affected my life tbh.

i would been really happy with a good hairline and not deplest donor, but that is not the reality 🥺

7 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Can you share some pictures and more information. Who was the surgeon? How many grafts did you receive? And can you share some pictures?

I can’t share pictures for now  since i are in dialog with this clinic, and i know that they are in this webside. 

i have seen soo many people who are worser than me with good results and i’m really happy for them since this situation is making me crazy

If they are on this website then hopefully they're legit.

If it's been 2 months then it hasn't even started growing yet - wait until 1 year.

I was 23 when I had mine and it's been a big success, so just because you are 25 shouldn't matter if everything was done as it should. 

Sorry to hear that pal. You aren't the first though - while you're waiting it out over this next year do your research around "repair" on these forums. There's a chance it can still work out for you as there are doctors here who are very good at overcoming the problems caused by sub-par work. 

1 minute ago, Struggle said:

Take some pictures and upload them here. Maybe the situation isn't so bad as you think

I can send you them on privat if that’s possible. I will for sure upload pictures but for now i’m just avoiding it.

13 minutes ago, TommyLucchese said:

Sorry to hear that pal. You aren't the first though - while you're waiting it out over this next year do your research around "repair" on these forums. There's a chance it can still work out for you as there are doctors here who are very good at overcoming the problems caused by sub-par work. 

I hope so. I had the oppurtunity to go too HCL but choosed a cheap one for the money. Going to regrett that for sure

I can't see any pictures, so I can only give you general advice. At 2 months you are in the middle of the worst part of the healing and growth process. You probably have some shock loss that's making the donor area look worse than it really is. A lot of people get depressed around the 2 months mark because of that and the feeling that you are going backwards and it's taking forever for any improvement to be seen. Just hang in there a few more months.

Edited by BeHappy

Ajamilo I look forward to you uploading your pre and post photos along with details of how many grafts were used along with what the concerns are. It's impossible to form an opinion or offer help at this stage. The fact that you are depressed is quite concerning and you have a right to share your results and concerns. If it help I had two butchered hair transplants from the age of 18! Wishing you all the best and do not be intimidated or gas lighted by any clinic! i look forward to following your post. Take care my friend. We are all here for you.

3 hours ago, Ajamilo said:

I can’t share pictures for now  since i are in dialog with this clinic, and i know that they are in this webside. 

i have seen soo many people who are worser than me with good results and i’m really happy for them since this situation is making me crazy

Let me understand this - you are afraid of offending someone you have no intention of ever seeing again.  That doesn't make sense.  Either you believe you own this mistake or you pressured the doctor to go ahead with the procedure against his advice.  Either way the guys on here can't offer any advice until you give them something to go on in the form of pictures of both your recipient and donor errors.  Quit hiding and post the darn pictures.

• Administrators

What you have is a case of buyers remorse. You had a hair transplant 3 months ago, if you would’ve asked me at 3 months I would’ve said I regretted it. You’re smack dab in the middle of the ugly duckling. 

My advice trust in the process, try not to obsess over looking in the mirror or constantly take pictures. Easier said than done I know, but really it’s the healthiest way to do it

• Like 1

Hi, i feel the situation, i'm in a similar situation, with the difference that i'm 28 and slowly did it two months ago. A is very difficult for me, but I try to trust the process. There are very difficult days, but it helped me a lot to share what I experienced that was close to me. I am confident that the results of both of us will be good and we can live our young years and later in a beautiful appearance. Perseverance my friend, I wish you all the best!

On 10/14/2020 at 9:10 AM, Ajamilo said:

Hi,

the thing is that my hairline is still really bad and i went to a cheap clinic who did not care about my donor area, so now I’m afraid of deplest donor area and that is making me crazy.

Everything has stopped up now, this has effected my study at school, since this has stressed me out and affected my life tbh.

i would been really happy with a good hairline and not deplest donor, but that is not the reality 🥺

Sorry to hear that my friend. Like other's have said you're still in the early stages of regrowth and I'd wait at least 9 months before you think of going for another transplant/repair. If you're still unhappy by then then you can look into one of the top surgeons to get it repaired. 

I've seen the work done on @Ajamilo. He sent me a link to the photos. Without revealing too much given his circumstances, he is in good shape, has had good work done, and is also ahead of recovery schedule. Someone just as critical, if not more than I can and should give him a 2nd opinion. So please raise your hand to give him that extra assurance.

I echoed what others have said in my PM response to him, "trust the process".

Edited by jimcraig152
  • Like 1

You need to start medication maybe and let your mind have some rest on it.

Let the medical treatments work for some months and then plan for a second procedure (check with doctor for advise)

And have some hope bro! 😃