Top 5 FUE/FUT docs, 2020 edition

As we near the end of the year, I'm curious as to everyone's top guys are these days?

For me (in this order):

-Couto
-Kesser
-Hattingen
-Freitas
-Hasson

I would put Couto as the stand alone "Lebron" of the field as it is right now if you trust the Spanish forums. The explanation given is that he doesn't post here because recuperarelpelo gives him more than enough business. It is, however, very odd that almost none of his or Freitas's patients post here when the work of other Spanish docs like Lorenzo had such a presence years ago.

I would put a caveat by Kesser in that he very carefully selects his patients and stays away from trickier scenarios. I am very troubled by many of the practice standards and results from other Turkish docs, in particular Doganay and Erdogan.

I wouldn't put Konior at the top anymore as he doesn't have many patient submitted cases and his results have middled over the last few years, even for strip. I could be wrong.

would say that North America in general seems to have fallen significantly behind Europe. Really not anything super impressive from the states these days, even before pandemic times.

would avoid Asia in general. The biggest names from there really have done odd things in the past. Darling Buds is sus af.

I only really use this forum, so aside from the amazing YouTube vids of Couto and De Freitas, I have only seen  one De Freitas patient thread, and it was admittedly very good. 

Three of the best results I have seen this year have been Konior patients on here. 

A side from Konior and H&W, I have to agree that I haven’t seen as much mind blowing work from American doctors in terms of real patient threads, but that’s maybe partly  because I don’t actively look for North American doctors work. 

Clinics and surgeons all have their own areas of speciality, so perhaps this is too broad a question to have in terms of limiting it to the top 5 docs in the world. 

For instance, a NW6 would fare a lot better off with a clinic such as Eugenix over Kesser. 

Your list seems to be focused on Doctors that are generally renowned for their hairline work. 

I wouldn't put Konior at the top anymore as he doesn't have many patient submitted cases and his results have middled over the last few years, even for strip. I could be wrong.

Yea, I'm going to go ahead and say you're wrong re: Konior. He is perhaps the best in the entire world. If he did YouTube videos and marketing like the rest of the names you mentioned I'm willing to be he'd be at the top of your list.

The explanation given is that he doesn't post here because recuperarelpelo gives him more than enough business.

Er, have you seen Couto's* YouTube channel? It's a more successful marketing vehicle to capture patients at scale versus posting here. That's why he doesn't post here. If you knew Konior you'd know he posts here as a contribution to the craft; he's not posting here to capture customers.

Anyway. Konior's work  made a huge impact on the quality of my life nearly eight years ago. He's* the only doctor I'll work with because he is the best. I'd argue that 20, 30 years from now people will regard him as one of the greats. He is a trailblazer.

Aside, to suggest someone who is selective of his patients (Kesser) over Konior doesn't make sense. Kesser doesn't take risks to help people who really need help, while Konior does. Just my two bits.

Edited by champybaby
  • Like 3

FUT procedure w/ Dr. K (2012)
Second FUT, Dr. K, Nov. 2020 (mini update)
Third procedure, FUE, Dr. K, 03/21, 400 beard to scar (latest update)

• Administrators

Konior hasn't had many patient results or reviews? What are you talking about, he's had at least half a dozen this year alone, and a guy who just had one recently posting on YouTube. Also, Keser doesn't use microscopes, for that reason alone he shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Konior. Now, Cuoto, that is a surgeon who I haven't seen many patient reviews. I always hear he's on Spanish forums, but even then I don't see that many. I definitely see Hans Heinicke, Lorenzo, Ximena Vila way more. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

5 hours ago, champybaby said:

Er, have you seen Couto's* YouTube channel? It's a more successful marketing vehicle to capture patients at scale versus posting here. That's why he doesn't post here. If you knew Konior you'd know he posts here as a contribution to the craft; he's not posting here to capture customers.

I was referring to Couto's patient's posting their results on recuperarelpelo. I haven't bothered viewing his youtube videos because, well, they're posted by him.

We'll just have to have different opinions on Konior. I certainly think the Konior/Lorenzo area changed what we all thought was possible with hair transplantation. I am referring to the rarity of his patient posted results over the last few years when I search by date. The proof is in the pudding, and the only real pudding we have is from patient submissions.

I would be curious to hear the rankings of others.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Konior hasn't had many patient results or reviews? What are you talking about, he's had at least half a dozen this year alone, and a guy who just had one recently posting on YouTube. Also, Keser doesn't use microscopes, for that reason alone he shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Konior. Now, Cuoto, that is a surgeon who I haven't seen many patient reviews. I always hear he's on Spanish forums, but even then I don't see that many. I definitely see Hans Heinicke, Lorenzo, Ximena Vila way more. 

This is just from the Spanish forums, looking under patient posted reviews. Their search function sucks compared to yours, but there's no questioning the volume.

1973385010_ScreenShot2020-10-12at7_44_28PM.thumb.png.3a1e7cfec81e8b87aa9d820fad772b0c.png

Konior's patients have published half that number this year (3) as far as I can tell. I'm not counting that 700 crown job. But he has been downtrending in numbers for awhile, I think it just happens with time. Again, not clinic submitted as certainly he would have no need to advertise. But patient submitted. I think the numbers may seem like more because there's so much discussion about each one and cases from previous years are updated. I do not think, unfortunately, that his most recent results match his efforts from a few years back. As I said in my original post, I could be wrong but that's just how it looks to my untrained eyes.

But feel free to actually suggest a list. I know you make money from surgeons through advertising, but that doesn't mean you can't pick a best of.

Edited by whattheFUE

• Administrators
44 minutes ago, whattheFUE said:

Konior's patients have published half that number this year (3) as far as I can tell. I'm not counting that 700 crown job. But he has been downtrending in numbers for awhile, I think it just happens with time. Again, not clinic submitted as certainly he would have no need to advertise. But patient submitted. I think the numbers may seem like more because there's so much discussion about each one and cases from previous years are updated. I do not think, unfortunately, that his most recent results match his efforts from a few years back. As I said in my original post, I could be wrong but that's just how it looks to my untrained eyes.

But feel free to actually suggest a list. I know you make money from surgeons through advertising, but that doesn't mean you can't pick a best of.

Honestly, I think you're stuck in 2015. Your posts, your lists, it just seems like you're stuck in a time warp, probably because you don't come here often. Yes, our surgeons sponsor the forum, that is how we're able to keep the forum up and running without any ads or pop-ups. I personally don't get paid by any surgeons, so you are mistaken there. Lists are subjective, but one thing that is not are real reviews. There are only a handful of surgeons who have over a dozen real patient reviews that are successful and with happy patients.  Dr. Konior is one of them. He's definitely high up on my list. 

He's has over a dozen reviews that have matured in the last year and a half:

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

@whattheFUE I have to agree with @Melvin-Moderator because it makes zero sense to place Keser in that list as this is a Doctor that doesn`t use a microscope, doesn´t speak English (recluse from the international FUE scene) and cherry picks his patients.

Couto has almost no real patients at the Spanish forum as it`s dominated by Dr. Bruno Pinto (Porto) and Dr. Ximena Villa (Madrid). He is however fully booked for more than 2 years and does seem tk be achieving great results.

Dr. Rafael De Freitas started working in this field at the Portuguese Hairmill C2MC (2010-2012) where techs do your surgery with little supervision from the Doctor so I`m baffled as to how a Doctor with 2 years experience at a Hairmill plus 2 years of experience at some clinics and hospital in Spain prior to opening his own clinic is now awarded a spot on a Top 10 list.

Hattingen is in my opinion the best for anyone looking for FUT Mega Sessions other than that I would recommend other surgeons.

Hasson&Wong are legends and do belong in any top 10 list even if they do use techs do the part of the surgery (probably some of the best techs in the world).

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 1

Please don't mention Keser. If it's indeed Muttalip Keser.

I have so many double grafts in my hairline, he did a very terrible job to me. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND IT.

Instead I recommend Hattingen :) 

Edited by Clark.Ethan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Clark.Ethan said:

Please don't mention Keser. If it's indeed Muttalip Keser.

I have so many double grafts in my hairline, he did a very terrible job to me. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND IT.

Instead I recommend Hattingen :) 

Do you have a thread?

View my thread

5 hours ago, Portugal25 said:

@whattheFUE I have to agree with @Melvin-Moderator because it makes zero sense to place Keser in that list as this is a Doctor that doesn`t use a microscope, doesn´t speak English (recluse from the international FUE scene) and cherry picks his patients.

Couto has almost no real patients at the Spanish forum as it`s dominated by Dr. Bruno Pinto (Porto) and Dr. Ximena Villa (Madrid). He is however fully booked for more than 2 years and does seem tk be achieving great results.

Dr. Rafael De Freitas started working in this field at the Portuguese Hairmill C2MC (2010-2012) where techs do your surgery with little supervision from the Doctor so I`m baffled as to how a Doctor with 2 years experience at a Hairmill plus 2 years of experience at some clinics and hospital in Spain prior to opening his own clinic is now awarded a spot on a Top 10 list.

Hattingen is in my opinion the best for anyone looking for FUT Mega Sessions other than that I would recommend other surgeons.

Hasson&Wong are legends and do belong in any top 10 list even if they do use techs do the part of the surgery (probably some of the best techs in the world).

You seem very knowledgeable, I'm curious who is in your top 5?

I'm also wondering how people value doctor vs tech driven top clinics.

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, Clark.Ethan said:

Neah, didn't bothered making one.

Probably I should make one.

I'm planning for my next surgery(second one with Bisanga or Hattingen). I will see.

Yea, it would be great to see, especially since people want real reviews. 

View my thread

On 10/13/2020 at 4:08 AM, Portugal25 said:

Wait, you think de Freitas is not as good as everyone claims? Why? Do u know where he received additional training? It seems like most Spanish and Portuguese doctors use the same lion implanter pen so they must have received similar training.

5 minutes ago, LonelyGraft said:

Wait, you think de Freitas is not as good as everyone claims? Why? Do u know where he received additional training? It seems like most Spanish and Portuguese doctors use the same lion implanter pen so they must have received similar training.

De Freitas began working in the field at a Portuguese hairmill while Ferreira and Ximena got their know-how from Lorenzo in Spain. Yes they all use the lion implator pen but there’s much more to the HT than the instruments and I believe it’s different when someone learns from the best or at a hairmill.

7 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

De Freitas began working in the field at a Portuguese hairmill while Ferreira and Ximena got their know-how from Lorenzo in Spain. Yes they all use the lion implator pen but there’s much more to the HT than the instruments and I believe it’s different when someone learns from the best or at a hairmill.

But there’s no denying that de Freitas achieves great results. The Spanish forums are brewing over with praise for him. Do u think the Spanish forums r just marketing?

I would have a surgery with Freitas if it were not that "Lamentablemente en este momento, las valoraciones online y consultas presenciales se encuentran cerradas."

With Couto, the situation is even worse. And Peekiner rejected me.

Now I am really confused about what to do. And comfortless.

14 minutes ago, LonelyGraft said:

But there’s no denying that de Freitas achieves great results. The Spanish forums are brewing over with praise for him. Do u think the Spanish forums r just marketing?

I speak fluent Spanish and I’m a member of the Spanish forum (recuperartupelo) where there’s no real patient results from De Freitas and the most viewed thread about him is a thread comparing him with Dr. Ximena Villa.

The Spanish forum is dominated by Dr. Bruno Pinto (Portuguese) and Dr. Ximena Villa (Spanish). You will be hard pressed to find any real patients from Couto or Dr Freitas.

I have just seen 1 real patient results from Dr. Rafael De Freitas and since I don’t look at or comment YouTube, Social Media or Website results I can’t really say anything good or bad about Dr. De Freitas other than the appalling hairmill where he started working (C2MC where my friend had his subpar HT for 1.15€/grafy done by a Senegalese tech).

He has 1 amazing result at HRN but it’s hard find any other real patient result.

I can understand that it’s hard to find real patient results from Dr. Ferreira because he’s operating at Lorenzo’s clinic and must not be able to promote himself freely while affiliated to Lorenzo but I don’t get why it’s hard to find real patients from De Freitas (he’s had his own clinic for years).

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, servonoparecchicapelli said:

I would have a surgery with Freitas if it were not that "Lamentablemente en este momento, las valoraciones online y consultas presenciales se encuentran cerradas."

With Couto, the situation is even worse. And Peekiner rejected me.

Now I am really confused about what to do. And comfortless.

Is that because the clinic is closed? Or that they are not taking anymore patients at present? 

I did some research after Dr. Erdogan and Asmed clinic fuc..d up my hair transplant... (My story:

For me:

1. Dr. Couto, Madrid, Spain (insane waiting list + he doesn´t take new patients now)

2. Dr. Konior, Chicago, USA (too far for me)

3. Dr. Lorenzo, Madrid, Spain (disaster hairline design)

4. Hasson&Wong, Vancouver, Canada (too far from me)

5. Dr. Kesser, Ankara, Turkey (denied my HT according previous HT)

6. HLC, Ankara, Turkey

7. Dr. De Freitas, Valencia, Spain

8. Eugenix, India (too far from me)

9. Dr. Pekiner, Ankara, Turkey

10. Dr. Feriduni, Hasselt, Belgium

Edited by miko