Telogen effluvium

duchaine

I’ve been losing huge amounts of hairs during the last month.

when i comb my hair after the shower, i find a lot of (healthy) hairs in my hands.

tonight, when i put my lotion, i had the worst time ever: i found hairs everywhere: on my hands, on my shoulders, on my chest, on the bottle of minoxidil! I counted 200 hairs in just a few minutes but they were a lot more.

considering that:

a) I don’t see any real difference in my hairs. They appear to me as they appeared in august

b) the hairs i lose are thick and healthy 

should i be worried? Will i be bald in 3 months? Or it is just the seasonal hair loss that laymen say occuring in autumn?

Ps I washed my hand abd put my hand in my hairs. This is what happend every time i put a clean hand on my scalp

3CF8F846-E842-41F0-98AD-6FFFA1ECEB24.jpeg

73DFD33D-88B5-4995-8370-A01BC453407E.jpeg

Edited by duchaine

• Administrators

Hair shedding doesn’t equal hair loss. It could be a seasonal shed. Are you ok finasteride?

https://www.hairlosslearningcenter.org/seasonal-hair-shedding-not-hair-loss-studies-show/3453

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...
On 10/12/2020 at 3:55 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Hair shedding doesn’t equal hair loss. It could be a seasonal shed. Are you ok finasteride?

https://www.hairlosslearningcenter.org/seasonal-hair-shedding-not-hair-loss-studies-show/3453

Thanks for this, interesting read. It doesn't mention when you should start to see that hair grow back or even if? 

• Like 1