5020 FUE Scars - Shaved down with blade

• Administrators
2 hours ago, SingaporeHairTransplant said:

Sure! Should I start a new thread about the whole experience and review of clinic, or just input here? 

Dr Harold Ma - Singapore

https://freia.sg/aboutus/

I believe Dr Ma is one of the best HT surgeons in the world, but may be less well known internationally due to Singapore’s strict rules around how HT clinics can promote themselves.

Many years of experience. Mastered FUT before FUE (which I learned is important). 

I visited a few clinics and chose carefully based on the skill and experience of the Dr and the length of service and skills of his support team. 

Dr Ma was very realistic from the beginning, not over promising, which gave me more confidence in him.

He was involved throughout the whole process. He personally held multiple sessions with me in the weeks and days before the surgery to discuss the plan. He then did the hairline design, injected the anaesthetic, and did the extractions.

Dr Ma counted every single punch out loud, which was nice to follow along. His team would then pull out the grafts at the same time and provide live confirmation whether it was good or transected, so he could adjust as he went. 

The team working on me was 4 support staff + Dr Ma, with a row of microscopes next to the bed (also learnt from these forums  the importance of these).

Dr Ma then made all the incisions and then observed the implantations by his team, making adjustments and advice along the way.

The surgery took 2 days.

Day 1: 2739 grafts, comprising 361 singles, 1189 doubles and 1189 triples

Day 2: 2281 grafts, comprising 124 singles, 908 doubles and 638 triples

5AF352F0-6E7A-4A09-8C24-2DF285444315.jpeg

Great info, what are the strict rules? Sorry, it’s the first time I’ve ever heard of this.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

9 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Great info, what are the strict rules? Sorry, it’s the first time I’ve ever heard of this.

*Due to MOH (Ministry of Health) guidelines in Singapore, medical clinics cannot show before & after photos on their websites. 

From what I understand, clinics here are carefully regulated in the ways in which they promote themselves to ensure customers are given realistic expectations.

Not that it seems to be a problem, Dr Ma has a long wait list. The team only do one surgery per day.

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, SingaporeHairTransplant said:

*Due to MOH (Ministry of Health) guidelines in Singapore, medical clinics cannot show before & after photos on their websites. 

From what I understand, clinics here are carefully regulated in the ways in which they promote themselves to ensure customers are given realistic expectations.

Not that it seems to be a problem, Dr Ma has a long wait list. The team only do one surgery per day.

That's literally shocking, how were you able to research this doctor if you couldn't see before and after photos. I will look into this doctor. He hit a home run with you. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

37 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

That's literally shocking, how were you able to research this doctor if you couldn't see before and after photos. I will look into this doctor. He hit a home run with you. 

They can show before and after photos if you arrange a consultation, they just can’t publish them online. I also contacted previous patients who had given their permission.

Edited by SingaporeHairTransplant

Nobody likes those initial numbing injections.  I recall only feeling the first 5-6 and then the anesthesia kicked in quickly and didn't feel the rest.

• Like 1

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

This is such a reassurance into how FUE can be done right... yet again changing my mind from FUT to FUE again...

From what i hear, physiology also has a large part to play in terms of scarring, but there is no denying the great work involved too. 

This is the first ive heard of this doctor but i'll certainly keep my eyes and ears open!

• Like 1

Yesterday I saw a guy with a clear FUT line on the back of his head but bald. It made me appreciate the FUE.

I completely understand why some people would prefer FUT, and how it can potentially get more grafts from the safer donor region.

But I personally feel more worried about the risk of it failing and having an obvious FUT scar.

I was so concerned about having noticeable scars that I bought silver dermmatch before my surgery, just in case I needed to cover the scars up on a shaved head if it failed. Very happy that I did not need it. I don’t think it would have worked.

I am very happy with my experience of FUE, but I also understand not everyone will have the same. So much depends on finding a good Dr. 

Good luck!

• Administrators

You had smp? Did it affect the hair transplant at all? Where can I contact your surgeon btw?

View my thread

On 12/30/2020 at 12:44 PM, SingaporeHairTransplant said:

Yup. I was happy with it, but it did not look realistic. Here is a photo.

9EB6F833-E792-4077-BE9A-E4241DDC85C8.jpeg

Yes, SMP many years ago. You can see it in my before and after photos. 

No, fortunately it didn’t affect the HT surgery.

You can contact Dr Ma’s clinic here: https://freia.sg

• Valued Contributor
18 hours ago, SingaporeHairTransplant said:

Close up on hairline on top of SMP when slicked back.

A normal person on the street would have to look very close to spot the SMP under the hair, but I still prefer to brush down at the hairline to hide it completely.

hope this is useful.

1C2DEB18-55D9-40E5-92F5-996DF30C29C4.jpeg

6CD19563-3749-493E-AC16-481E5CD0EF1F.jpeg

C4CA0C78-0CA3-4FFD-9FC4-5C7421BD58B3.jpeg

A normal person 'anywhere' wouldn't know you have a hair transplant/SMP. Great looking results.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2021 at 2:14 AM, SingaporeHairTransplant said:

Wow, this is something I have never heard before. Really interesting to see how they work in Singapore.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2021 at 2:48 PM, SingaporeHairTransplant said:

People who have known me for years don’t recognise me now when walking past in the street wearing a mask + new hair.

6C56B1D8-B731-43CB-8CA6-4E8F28E0D67E.jpeg

Wow! Fantastic result! What a change my friend!

If I had been your friend, by no means could I recognise you waking past in the street, not even without mask... 🤩

Many many thanks for sharing this precious information about Dr Ma.

And now it´s time to enjoy that NEW You, looking superb 😇

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RandoBrando517 said:

Thanks for responding, do you find it benefited the results in anyway, or was it more difficult to do the procedure cause of the tattoo? 

It didn’t affect the procedure at all fortunately.

It definitely benefited during the ‘ugly duckling’ faze of recovery, made it look like I had a shaved head with random stubble while I waited for it to all grow through.

However, now that it has grown out, it is the opposite. It does not help. I feel that it makes it look worse, especially at the hairline where you can see the SMP colour through the hair. It means I can’t have my hair styled up at the hairline, I have to have it brushed forward to hide the SMP. Check my hairline picture above to see what I mean.

Perhaps if I had a lighter shade SMP, or less of a straight tattoo ‘hairline’, then it wouldn’t be so bad. 

Still very happy with it all though. SMP kept me covered for years until I could afford a good HT. Now I’m not bald any more! 👍🏻

• Like 1

Congrats. Great results. Singapore is a pretty impressive place for many reasons.  Also know for the lowest crime rate in the world.

• Like 1

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 1 month later...