5020 FUE Scars - Shaved down with blade

This looks incredible - and must be such a relief to be not be limited in terms of how short you wanna cut your hair. I've been pretty fortunate in that I can go extremely short as well without it being noticeable... As short as a 1 Guard. I've just never had the desire to go that short with just the blade though, so no idea how the FUE punches would look if I did. 

• Like 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• Valued Contributor

@SingaporeHairTransplant that's a fantastic result at only four months! I really appreciate you sharing your journey. I had SMP four years ago to hide scars from a couple of butchered hair transplants from when I was 'really young.' I was also left with scars after having the pluggy grafts removed (both along my hairline and in the donor region). I had SMP four years ago and it enabled me to move on from wearing a hair piece and to cover my baldness. I'm looking at having a hybrid hair transplant (beard and scalp donor) sometime next year with Eugenix.

Would you recommend having laser before or after the hair transplant? My new hairline 'may' be at the same height as my SMP one but I'm yet to establish this for sure. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

@SingaporeHairTransplant that's a fantastic result at only four months! I really appreciate you sharing your journey. I had SMP four years ago to hide scars from a couple of butchered hair transplants from when I was 'really young.' I was also left with scars after having the pluggy grafts removed (both along my hairline and in the donor region). I had SMP four years ago and it enabled me to move on from wearing a hair piece and to cover my baldness. I'm looking at having a hybrid hair transplant (beard and scalp donor) sometime next year with Eugenix.

Would you recommend having laser before or after the hair transplant? My new hairline 'may' be at the same height as my SMP one but I'm yet to establish this for sure. Thanks for sharing!

That is great that SMP helped you. I was also very happy with it for all those years, despite the fading and slight colour change. Most people assumed it was just a shaved head, I think people generally don’t care or pay much attention to other people’s hairlines (other than us!).

I think I would recommend getting the SMP hairline removed before the transplant, if it is too low. I did mine after as I was worried the HT wouldn’t work, so I wanted to keep my SMP shaved look. I should have had more faith. 

If the SMP hairline is high enough to match your HT design, then I would say keep it and just get the HT on top.

Here is a photo close up of my HT hairline on top of SMP. This is with wet hair slicked back, so usually the SMP is not this visible:

EF841706-6DF2-46AF-A0D7-93995BEB3924.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor

@SingaporeHairTransplant as I stated earlier that is a great result. I really like the work they have done in your hairline! The remaining SMP (in my opinion) definitely helps in giving the results some shadowing underneath and the illusion of even more density I would imagine! I think in the coming months ahead of you, you will see this to even greater effect. I'm inclined to keep my SMP hairline as is at this stage. It covers most of the hairline scar and it seems to be in keeping with the hairline that Eugenix wants to use to also hide most of my scar. I appreciate your feedback and I look forward to more updates as your hair continues to come through. You must be very happy with such early results! All the best!

third session front.jpg

Edited by Gatsby
  • Like 3

@SingaporeHairTransplant thanks for taking the time to create this thread, there is lots of solid information here which I'm sure will be a relief to many people in months/years to come. 

Also your new hair looks great after 4 months and makes a huge difference to your appearance. It's examples like this when people say dumb shit like 'why get a transplant, it's only hair?!'. Good luck buddy and all the best 

• Like 1

Just a note to say that I would not have gone through with the procedure if it were not for the excellent videos made by Mr Rolandas: 

https://youtube.com/c/MrRolandas

I found his journey very reassuring and it gave me the confidence to go ahead with mine. I am extremely grateful to people like him and all the other excellent HT YouTubers who create content like this.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Looks incredible, can you share some additional information from the clinic? Who’s the doctor, what was their involvement in the surgery etc. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 12/30/2020 at 4:20 AM, Gatsby said:

@SingaporeHairTransplant as I stated earlier that is a great result. I really like the work they have done in your hairline! The remaining SMP (in my opinion) definitely helps in giving the results some shadowing underneath and the illusion of even more density I would imagine! I think in the coming months ahead of you, you will see this to even greater effect. I'm inclined to keep my SMP hairline as is at this stage. It covers most of the hairline scar and it seems to be in keeping with the hairline that Eugenix wants to use to also hide most of my scar. I appreciate your feedback and I look forward to more updates as your hair continues to come through. You must be very happy with such early results! All the best!

third session front.jpg

Looking bossy man. I'm impressed how natural your SMP looks

• Thanks 1

On 12/30/2020 at 1:42 AM, SingaporeHairTransplant said:

4 month result

before and after

87D0E673-6DFE-4C6C-84CC-7C8A38880A10.jpeg

You look like a new man. Easily one of the best transformations that I have ever seen, and at only 4 months!

Goes to show 5k grafts if well used can cover a lot of area. 

Edited by JohnBob
  • Like 2

Just been pointed to your topic and your result so far. I've got to say it looks incredible! At such early stage so much hair grew..

Do you happen to have any finer details of your surgery? What's the thickness of your hair, how many grafts/cm2, average hair per graft ratio etc? 

Pardon me with such questions, I'm just a hair transplant nerd 🤓

• Like 1

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

On 12/30/2020 at 3:20 PM, Gatsby said:

third session front.jpg

Bro, your SMP looks better than mine ever did. Thanks for sharing.

• Thanks 1

On 1/8/2021 at 7:11 AM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Looks incredible, can you share some additional information from the clinic? Who’s the doctor, what was their involvement in the surgery etc. 

Sure! Should I start a new thread about the whole experience and review of clinic, or just input here? 

Dr Harold Ma - Singapore

https://freia.sg/aboutus/

I believe Dr Ma is one of the best HT surgeons in the world, but may be less well known internationally due to Singapore’s strict rules around how HT clinics can promote themselves.

Many years of experience. Mastered FUT before FUE (which I learned is important). 

I visited a few clinics and chose carefully based on the skill and experience of the Dr and the length of service and skills of his support team. 

Dr Ma was very realistic from the beginning, not over promising, which gave me more confidence in him.

He was involved throughout the whole process. He personally held multiple sessions with me in the weeks and days before the surgery to discuss the plan. He then did the hairline design, injected the anaesthetic, and did the extractions.

Dr Ma counted every single punch out loud, which was nice to follow along. His team would then pull out the grafts at the same time and provide live confirmation whether it was good or transected, so he could adjust as he went. 

The team working on me was 4 support staff + Dr Ma, with a row of microscopes next to the bed (also learnt from these forums  the importance of these).

Dr Ma then made all the incisions and then observed the implantations by his team, making adjustments and advice along the way.

The surgery took 2 days.

Day 1: 2739 grafts, comprising 361 singles, 1189 doubles and 1189 triples

Day 2: 2281 grafts, comprising 124 singles, 908 doubles and 638 triples

5AF352F0-6E7A-4A09-8C24-2DF285444315.jpeg

On 1/10/2021 at 6:57 PM, Rolandas said:

Just been pointed to your topic and your result so far. I've got to say it looks incredible! At such early stage so much hair grew..

Do you happen to have any finer details of your surgery? What's the thickness of your hair, how many grafts/cm2, average hair per graft ratio etc? 

Pardon me with such questions, I'm just a hair transplant nerd 🤓

Thank you. You are a legend. I would not have gone for it if it weren’t for your videos. 

The growth has definitely slowed down a lot recently, your video showing your progression each month has given me hope that it will continue to improve. 

I cannot find my notes on those details, I will ask the clinic for their record. I remember my hair was thinner than average. Avg. hair per graft I can work out based on my previous post. I think overall I did not have as many hairs per graft as you did. Also I remember that I was concerned about the density per cm2 plan (seemed slightly lower than others), but trusted the Dr and it seems to be ok so far. 

• Like 1