2500 - 2700 grafts FUE with Dr. Bisanga in Brussels.

cbc3113

Hello everyone,

I've received so much information from this site that I feel compelled to give back.

About me: I'm 50, Asian American/Belgian male and have been thinking about doing a hair transplant for years. I remember my father in his earlier years of hair loss and how discouraged and powerless he felt.

Today, I'm fortunate to be in a position (financially and emotionally) where I can do something about my own hair loss.

I have a confirmed procedure with Dr. Bisanga in Brussels for the 25th of November, 2020.

My airplane ticket has been purchased (from SFO-BRU) and apartment reserved on AirBnb.

Will keep this page updated.....

Edited by cbc3113

• cbc3113 changed the title to 2500 - 2700 grafts FUE with Dr. Bisanga in Brussels.
  • Administrators

Awesome man, look forward to following your progress 🙌🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, cbc3113 said:

Had my surgery today. It went all very well. Had 2744 grafts total.

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image0.jpeg

Ohhh, this looks really really nice!
The whole front it´s gonna be looking goooood very soon!

Thanks for sharing and please dont forget to update... cant wait to see the final result of this one 😀

• Like 1

Quick question about something that concerns me. Do you stay in a hotel for a few days after the transplant to let the grafts settle or do you fly back straight after surgery? Does Bisanga's clinic say that you can cover your head if you decide to fly back immediately or will covering your head potentially dislodge/damage grafts?

I originally had plan to fly back after 3 days but talking to the advisor, he said it’s best if you stay a little longer. So, I’ll be in Belgium for 10 days after surgery.

It also depend on how long is your flight. Mine is 12 to 15 hours back to California. 

And they do give you a bandana to cover your head for when you’re out. That said, it’s best to leave your head without cover when at home to heal better. 

hope that helps. 

@cbc3113

Congratulations on your surgery.

Your final hairline design looks very appropriate and the work looks very clean. 

Follow your post op instructions over the next two weeks and let me know if you may have any questions along the way.

Im certainly looking forward to following your evolution and further photos and updates.

Heal well.

• Like 1

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

4 hours ago, Huncholini said:

Quick question about something that concerns me. Do you stay in a hotel for a few days after the transplant to let the grafts settle or do you fly back straight after surgery? Does Bisanga's clinic say that you can cover your head if you decide to fly back immediately or will covering your head potentially dislodge/damage grafts?

Post surgery, most patients will feel more comfortable once home and in their own surroundings and comfort/support network. 
Most patients have had to travel internationally for surgery and the entire “journey” will have been a significant emotional investment and getting home post surgery can be a big relief.

Travelling/flying home one day post surgery is not a concern. In fact this is recommended over flying 2 or 3 days post surgery, as this would be when post op swelling may potentially be at its worst and a potentially swollen forehead and eyes may attract unwanted attention, which can add to the anxiety of travel.

For patients who prefer not to travel one day post op, we generally recommend staying those extra days until swelling has dropped and this is no longer a concern for the patient.

At BHR, the clinic provide a bandana for patients to wear for the first 3 days post surgery when outdoors, which helps to protect the grafts in those all important first days whilst they become secure. 

As @cbc3113said, the length of flight would also be a factor as saline should be applied every few hours which would mean carefully removing and replacing the bandana between applications, which should be taken into consideration when traveling.

In @cbc3113case, such concerns will be firmly behind him when traveling as his grafts will be well secured and any swelling will have already passed.

• Like 2

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Day 7

The swelling at day 2 through 4 was not very pleasant but it's all gone now. According to the care package, tomorrow - day 8 - will be the first day I will be able to use the Shampoo to wash off the crust. Can't wait.

IMG_2661.jpg

IMG_2715.JPG

IMG_2723.jpg

IMG_2728.jpg

IMG_2731.jpg

Edited by cbc3113

@cbc3113

Thank you for the update. Healing is looking very nice over this first week.
I personally very much like how appropriate your hairline design is. 

Will be nice from day 8 to allow you to gently add some circular motions/massage to  your recipient area as explained in your post operative instructions, and your scabbing will be gone in the next days, around day 10.

I look forward to your next update.

• Like 1

• Administrators

You’re healing incredibly well 👏🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@cbc3113

Thanks for the update

Again, healing looks great. Very nice. Well done for removing your scabbing and crusts.
Shedding is a shame and the next months can be slow. But all part of the process and expected. Try and forget about things as much as possible over the next months and before your know it, growth will begin and exciting times ahead.

8 hours ago, Raphael84 said:

@cbc3113

Thanks for the update

Again, healing looks great. Very nice. Well done for removing your scabbing and crusts.
Shedding is a shame and the next months can be slow. But all part of the process and expected. Try and forget about things as much as possible over the next months and before your know it, growth will begin and exciting times ahead.

"Forget" is easier said than done but I know that's the right thing to do. I will try my best. :)

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

One month today. 

Recipient area is still a little tender and numb. Don’t really notice any shedding anymore but then again, there isn’t much left to shed in the recipient area. :)

Merry Christmas everyone!

AE54A75A-4D20-4DEA-9149-3885C94B2E06.jpeg

BE968785-3CEA-44D1-970F-C3E83386A171.jpeg

1D09C290-F9D7-4030-AB8E-3CB5954494D7.jpeg

88E58EF5-31B7-43CC-9796-A8589AA6F7AF.jpeg

A5A676DA-2AB7-4EAC-B047-5B9EC1AD557A.jpeg

F0116493-53D2-4C49-8151-01CD79CCA563.jpeg

08D631E6-070E-46F5-83F4-65CCF4F5C8CE.jpeg

EBE28B11-94E3-40D5-ACAF-308468722AC3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1