Dr. Konior 1600ish graft Session 10/07/20 28yr old

Hey all! 

Decided to make a post here, because I wanted to track my experience from the beginning. I am a soon to be 28 year old and a fairly fit male. I have been on finasteride and minoxidil for around 6 years and attempted to get a HT at age 23, but was turned down due to young age. Now at an older age I decided to just do it! I was told I needed around 1500 grafts for a dense-pack fill. Let me know if you guys have any interest or questions in regards to my story.

Note: at the time of my procedure I had just turned 28.

i decided last year around September that I was comfortable with getting a procedure done soon. Since I knew that the top doctors had waiting lists up to and over a year I decided to bite the bullet. As an engineer by trade I spent countless hours researching and planning. I had originally wanted to get my procedure done by one of the top doctors in Spain. However, I had visited Spain last October 2019 visiting and the long flight plus the unknowns of recovery in a foreign country did not seem too convincing. I iterated and went with who I felt was the best doctor in North America. I go a little bit in depth with how I choose Konior over other doctors much closer to me in the YouTube video.

I posted a lot more background info on myself as well as my history with hair loss among many other things please watch if you are interested.

My surgery went amazing and my experience during the planning with Konior was nothing short of amazing. Once again for a more detailed breakdown feel free to watch the videos.

Pics:

https://ibb.co/q1rZ4Mh https://ibb.co/VqP4ZJWhttps://ibb.co/G9wLcpx

3BBCB7F6-8C2F-470F-8F7A-1D3ACA1AA9D8.jpeg

EBC51151-0B5C-495B-BF68-8AB76DF7E4E7.jpeg

29ADC727-21C5-45B2-8585-5CA394697199.jpeg

6C18D8BB-9755-4E86-AA7B-59FD6737FE8D.jpeg

3FC8DFFD-633F-43B4-8A50-15A88D138795.jpeg

803DB866-AE01-4795-B839-AFBEDF7A57A3.jpeg

Edited by MagnificentAl
Added pictures of procedure.

This was my hair on my 21st birthday. Absolutely gutted, my amazing barber was able to blend my hair to make it not seem as bad as it really was. Also, this day was when I first noticed my hair loss.

Second picture is my hair around 3months before the surgery.

The third picture is right after a haircut with a little longer on top. I would have to strategically comb my bangs in a way to hide my receding temples.

5FECC12D-62A8-4DDD-9DEA-439901BDE90F.jpeg

E67F6044-9418-43BE-8A0D-E9F0857373C6.jpeg

335345AD-46BF-4FC7-9A67-4CB56F73820C.png

Edited by MagnificentAl

Congrats on your surgery with Dr. K! I assume it was FUE (didn't watch the vids)?  You have a great head of hair behind the transplanted area, sort of reminds me of @Spanker, so it's good that you are on fin.  Be patient the next couple of months but I'm sure you're going to have an exciting month 4-7.  Happy growing!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• MagnificentAl changed the title to Dr. Konior 1500ish graft Session 10/07/20 28yr old
  • Administrators

Awesome write up man, I’ll be sure to subscribe to your channel. Happy growing 👏🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Beautiful hairline design, and what looks to be exceptional native hair calibre.

I'm confident this is going to turn out to be on par with the amazing FUExpert results showcased on Couto's youtube channel - looking forward to following your progress. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Curious25 said:

Beautiful hairline design, and what looks to be exceptional native hair calibre.

I'm confident this is going to turn out to be on par with the amazing FUExpert results showcased on Couto's youtube channel - looking forward to following your progress. 

Thank you, the doctor kept emphasizing that my hair was thick and as a result I should expect a thicker fuller look with his procedure.

The work looks great. If it was anyone other than Konior I might think that 1500 would be on the light side for the area covered. But we all know he makes grafts go further with some intraoperative wizardry. With your coarse hair caliber I'm sure you'll have a great result. Thanks for posting your journey. Looking forward to following!

• Like 1

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

You made great decisions on not getting this done in California and also going to Dr. Konior. You probably would have been very happy with the results in your recipient area from Spain but when you factor in everything including the donor there are no doctors that come close to Dr. Koniors attention to detail. I can almost guarantee you that you are going to have a hard time even finding the scars from this procedure and you can continue going to your barber and getting short fades after a few months. Good luck with everything!

• Like 1

Update for all those asking for pictures of my donor hair: unfortunately I have to have the wrapping on the back of my head for another day. I did get to see the back of my head, and wow it was really hard to find the areas where they grafts were pulled from.

Edited by MagnificentAl
Added video
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ciaus said:

Man that is amazing indeed for just blending with clippers -about how much growing before you had to go back and clean it up again?

image.png.73539d75955ac79bf9fc5387a8748a0a.png

Hey! Good question, I had to get a haircut every Saturday. As you can imagine $50 all in with a tip for a haircut once a week can get every expensive. After around ten days without a haircut it would look like the first two pictures.

Wow, $50 a week, $200 a month, just in the 5yrs from 23 to 28 that would be $2400 x5 =$12,000!!

Your poor barber is going to have to work some extra years before he can retire all because you just had to get a HT! :D

• Haha 2