Dr. Konior 1600ish graft Session 10/07/20 28yr old

3 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

They probably have something to do with your donor being harvested yes, not that I am insinuating it’s anything to be of concern . . Rather it was in bemusement of you being seemingly unaware of what the previous poster was referring to, as they stand out quite obviously in your pics 😊 

Yeah, the red donor dots I was expecting. I thought maybe I had some scarring or bruising that looked a little out of the ordinary that I wasn’t seeing initially.

Well just looking at those red spots, I can't see holes to go along with them. I just see red spots. I can't see holes at all anywhere. So if those red dots are the result of FUE, then your donor is truly virtually untouched.  I just can't see where 1600 extractions were made. Those red spots number in the low hundreds around your head. In any case, it is a testament to Konior's mastery if someone is confusing his excisions for pimples.

Those red spots are just bruising around extraction sites. Dr Konior's punches are so well done that they're virtually undectable by day 3. The bruising is completely normal and just signifies that there was some bleeding under the epidermis layer. Nothing to be concerned about and they will be gone in the time it takes a typical bruise to heal. 

• Like 1

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

3 minutes ago, BDK081522 said:

Those red spots are just bruising around extraction sites. Dr Konior's punches are so well done that they're virtually undectable by day 3. The bruising is completely normal and just signifies that there was some bleeding under the epidermis layer. Nothing to be concerned about and they will be gone in the time it takes a typical bruise to heal. 

35 minutes ago, jimcraig152 said:

Well just looking at those red spots, I can't see holes to go along with them. I just see red spots. I can't see holes at all anywhere. So if those red dots are the result of FUE, then your donor is truly virtually untouched.  I just can't see where 1600 extractions were made. Those red spots number in the low hundreds around your head. In any case, it is a testament to Konior's mastery if someone is confusing his excisions for pimples.

Thanks for clarifying.  I was a little confused, because I only see red dots on the back of my head and not the regular scarring patterns from other FUE’s. 

3 minutes ago, MagnificentAl said:

Thanks for clarifying.  I was a little confused, because I only see red dots on the back of my head and not the regular scarring patterns from other FUE’s. 

Yeap, it is astonishing. The thought of being able to use "bruising" as an adjective used to describe an incision is impossibly crazy. Even still, the math doesn't add up for me. I don't see 1600 bruises; I see like 150. Truly a testament to the man's skills.

Looks like you don't have to worry at all with the pain I described in my thread =). Your donor compared to mine looks like it won a title belt because the opponent decided he couldn't win anyway and withdrew. My donor looks like I was knocked down several times as the fight went the distance.

Would like to see your procedure pics @BDK081522. Seems you've deleted your posts/threads.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jimcraig152 said:

Yeap, it is astonishing. The thought of being able to use "bruising" as an adjective used to describe an incision is impossibly crazy. Even still, the math doesn't add up for me. I don't see 1600 bruises; I see like 150. Truly a testament to the man's skills.

Looks like you don't have to worry at all with the pain I described in my thread =). Your donor compared to mine looks like it won a title belt because the opponent decided he couldn't win anyway and withdrew. My donor looks like I was knocked down several times as the fight went the distance.

Would like to see your procedure pics @BDK081522. Seems you've deleted your posts/threads.

It’s all love bro 🤝 

• Like 1

@MagnificentAl You have one great head of hair man... definitely jealous!  The donor region looks amazing.  

Has anyone else seen bruises like that before with FUE cases? Very interesting. Not to worry, I'm sure they'll be gone in a couple days. 

Edited by aaron1234
  • Like 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

19 hours ago, aaron1234 said:

@MagnificentAl You have one great head of hair man... definitely jealous!  The donor region looks amazing.  

Has anyone else seen bruises like that before with FUE cases? Very interesting. Not to worry, I'm sure they'll be gone in a couple days. 

I had a procedure with Dr. K in August and had the same bruising around a number of the extraction sites. Nothing to worry about. Within a week it was gone and my donor looked like it had never been touched. You’ll be undetectable back there in a day or two.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SaulGoodMan said:

I had a procedure with Dr. K in August and had the same bruising around a number of the extraction sites. Nothing to worry about. Within a week it was gone and my donor looked like it had never been touched. You’ll be undetectable back there in a day or two.

Thanks for the heads up! Yeah, I actually don’t feel any pain or soreness on my donor area. It just looks like a bunch of red random dots lol

3 hours ago, SaulGoodMan said:

How’s your post op journey going so far?

Edited by MagnificentAl

37 minutes ago, MagnificentAl said:

How’s your post op journey going so far?

The healing process was pretty painless. It’s pretty insane that the only thing Konior has you take post op is OTC pain killers, but I can honestly say that I never was in pain. The itching was pretty bad for the first month, but after that, I didn’t have any noticeable impacts from surgery. Unbelievably clean work.

As for results, I’m right at 2 months, so not much action to speak of. I feel like there’s a few little hairs sprouting in different places, but I know I probably have another couple months before I see anything meaningful. 

Enjoy the look while you can. I loved the way I looked for the first 10 days or so. I was probably back to my original hairline by 15-20 days so it didn’t last long before the shed set in. Now just trying to be patient and hope for the best.

9 minutes ago, SaulGoodMan said:

The healing process was pretty painless. It’s pretty insane that the only thing Konior has you take post op is OTC pain killers, but I can honestly say that I never was in pain. The itching was pretty bad for the first month, but after that, I didn’t have any noticeable impacts from surgery. Unbelievably clean work.

As for results, I’m right at 2 months, so not much action to speak of. I feel like there’s a few little hairs sprouting in different places, but I know I probably have another couple months before I see anything meaningful. 

Enjoy the look while you can. I loved the way I looked for the first 10 days or so. I was probably back to my original hairline by 15-20 days so it didn’t last long before the shed set in. Now just trying to be patient and hope for the best.

Thank you 👏🏼 

yeah, I’m in absolutely no pain. Nor did I feel any pain after the surgery. I did take ibuprofen only because the hair tech was so concerned and thought that I was fighting through the pain. 

Hopefully, I get to see your results! Best of luck boss.

• Like 1

If it weren't for the scabs (which will come out in the next 2-3 days), it is hard to tell that you've had a procedure done. Hairline looks natural and is not overdone. Grafts are placed in a natural random fashion. That is how it should be. Naturalness is the #1 goal of all HT procedures.

Enjoy the next two weeks. After the scabs come out, you'll look your best for a long time. Then it is downhill for a couple of months before you start to rebound.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, jimcraig152 said:

If it weren't for the scabs (which will come out in the next 2-3 days), it is hard to tell that you've had a procedure done. Hairline looks natural and is not overdone. Grafts are placed in a natural random fashion. That is how it should be. Naturalness is the #1 goal of all HT procedures.

Enjoy the next two weeks. After the scabs come out, you'll look your best for a long time. Then it is downhill for a couple of months before you start to rebound.

Thank you! I forgot to ask my doctor about how the grafts would be implanted. But I’m beyond excited at how my hairline is looking.

If that's thin, then I'm a NW 8.  Hang in there, the shed is a couple days away and you'll be looking worse than this for a couple months.  Donor looks untouched. 

• Sad 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

"Thin". Hahahaha. Your brother would be jealous of your hair right now. Your donor looks like you went into surgery with a chastity belt on; virgin.

Hold on tight, ugly duckling phase is right around the corner. Take lots of pics now. Also, use two hands when taking that donor pic. Ends up being a more centered picture.

• Thanks 1

Been a while since I checked in, yea looks like the hair winter is starting but the sooner it starts the sooner it will be over. Your donor looks great man, I would just walk around backwards and talk to people facing that way until your front comes in! :D 

Day 14 update: it seems like I am regressing as expected? Let me know what you guys think. I applied minox today for the first time. Also, what do you guys think about where I am at 14 days post op? It’s starting to look bad but this is all expected so I’m not really worried.

6BFD9DE2-5CA7-460A-A879-5D5546470B3E.jpeg

6AFDCC96-7416-4AAE-9534-37FEC52A0335.jpeg

Edited by MagnificentAl