Dr. Pekiner (Turkey) vs. Eugenix (India)

Grafts

After months of research, I am planning on having a FUE hair transplant in a few months.

I'll probably have to put a deposit down soon, but I wanted some opinions on the below surgeons.

Background -

Age 26

Norwood 3/4 - Diffused 

Both doctor's have mentioned they can restore frontal region with 2500 grafts. 

Options:

Dr. Pekiner (Turkey) - Doctor performs surgery

Dr. Arika Bansal (India) - Doctor performs the surgery 

Who would you personally go with?

Edited by Grafts

• Administrators

In my opinion, Eugenix all day. Pekiner seems to pick and choose his patients and has canceled the procedure on the day of the surgery more than once. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@Graftsboth are great choices but I would only reccomend Eugenix if it`s the package in which Dr. Arika does the whole surgery (2.9€/graft w/tax) and I would reccomend Pekiner if you don`t have miniaturized hairs.

2 minutes ago, Grafts said:

@JohnAC71 - I'm traveling from the United States (California).

Then forget Turkey or India and go to Dr.Bruno Ferreira in Europe/Portugal that has a more skilled technique, does the whole surgery on just 1 parpatient per day and charges 2.5€/graft. 

• Administrators

Check out this thread

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

47 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

@Graftsboth are great choices but I would only reccomend Eugenix if it`s the package in which Dr. Arika does the whole surgery (2.9€/graft w/tax) and I would reccomend Pekiner if you don`t have miniaturized hairs.

@Portugal25 - Yes, the procedure I would look to book with Eugenix is the Premium Package (most expensive package) where Dr. Arika does the "crucial" parts of the surgery. However, just to correct what you mentioned;

In the premium package (2.9€/graft after tax), Dr. Arika Bansal still does not do the entire surgery. 

She performs the hairline design, "crucial" parts of the extraction, and implantation of the "hairline" only; The Senior Technicians do the rest. 

(i.e. Non crucial parts of the extraction, and implantation other than the hairline)

1 minute ago, Portugal25 said:

Then forget Turkey or India and go to Dr.Bruno Ferreira in Europe/Portugal that has a more skilled technique, does the whole surgery on just 1 parpatient per day and charges 2.5€/graft. 

@Portugal25 - I'm currently in communication with Dr. Ferreira; If he accepts me as a patient, I will definitely go with him instead of Pekiner/Eugenix. 

Also, I think Pekiner does 1 patient per day as well. 

1 hour ago, Portugal25 said:

@Portugal25 - Is there a reason you don't recommend Pekiner if I have miniaturized hairs? 

I've sent him pretty accurate photo's, and he has accepted me as a patient (I think because I have a decent beard, and he is looking to use a decent number of beard grafts in the midscalp region)

Also, I've sent him a pretty accurate video of my donor area, and he has seen all of this. 

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

In my opinion, Eugenix all day. Pekiner seems to pick and choose his patients and has canceled the procedure on the day of the surgery more than once. 

@Melvin-Moderator - Thanks Melvin.

How recent was the last time Dr. Pekiner done this? (i.e. cancelled procedures on the day of surgery)

My understanding is that this has happened to a couple of people, but that he has changed his approach and it's not likely it will happen again. (But who knows) 

• Administrators
48 minutes ago, Grafts said:

How recent was the last time Dr. Pekiner done this? (i.e. cancelled procedures on the day of surgery)

My understanding is that this has happened to a couple of people, but that he has changed his approach and it's not likely it will happen again. (But who knows) 

I believe it’s been pretty recent, within this year. 

View my thread

1 hour ago, Grafts said:

@Portugal25 - Yes, the procedure I would look to book with Eugenix is the Premium Package (most expensive package) where Dr. Arika does the "crucial" parts of the surgery. However, just to correct what you mentioned;

In the premium package (2.9€/graft after tax), Dr. Arika Bansal still does not do the entire surgery. 

She performs the hairline design, "crucial" parts of the extraction, and implantation of the "hairline" only; The Senior Technicians do the rest. 

(i.e. Non crucial parts of the extraction, and implantation other than the hairline)

Wow 2.9€/grafts and Dr.Arika doesn’t do the whole surgery and has techs doing the surgery...

Then it’s a no brainer go with Dr. BF!

1 hour ago, Grafts said:

This happened to @PT#31 and @lixinfu in 2019 and the third and last time it happened was on 6th January 2020 to @duchaine

@Grafts the reason why I don’t recommend Pekiner if you have miniaturized hairs is because these 3 HRN members had their surgery aborted for just this reason.

Edited by Portugal25

9 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

Wow 2.9€/grafts and Dr.Arika doesn’t do the whole surgery and has techs doing the surgery...

Then it’s a no brainer go with Dr. BF!

@Portugal25 - Yeah, the below is what is listed on their website for the Premium Package (most expensive package)

Premium Package

Cost of Rs. 210/graft*: (2.9€/graft/tax-inclusive)

Planning, designing, and 100% slits are done by Dr Pradeep Sethi or Dr Arika Bansal.

Complete involvement includes below:

• Designing the hairline.

• Crucial parts of extraction.

• Hairline implantation.

• Supervision of graft placement assisted by our expertly trained and experienced senior technicians.

Value-added benefits

• Nitrous oxide anaesthesia (optional) ensures conscious sedation and is extremely safe making anaesthesia step even more painless.

• Airport transfer, staying, and food for two nights are complimentary.

**In the previous Comprehensive and Exclusive Package, the hairline implantation was not done by the doctors. Complete hairline implantation has been incorporated at the request of many patients thus, introducing Premium Package.

Edited by Grafts

7 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

This happened to @PT#31 and @lixinfu in 2019 and the third and last time it happened was on 6th January 2020 to @duchaine

@Grafts the reason why I don’t recommend Pekiner if you have miniaturized hairs is because these 3 HRN members had their surgery aborted for just this reason.

@Portugal25 - Thanks

• Administrators

I like Dr. BF but he does not have half as many patient reviews as Dr. Bansal, @Fluffhead @Zoomster @paddyirishman @Ashishmehta to name a few.

My suggestion is to look up real reviews, then speak to actual patients via pm for their non biased opinions. Once you speak to real patients you’ll get a better sense. @Portugal25 probably the best one to talk to about Pekiner. 

View my thread

1 hour ago, Grafts said:

@Portugal25 - Yeah, the below is what is listed on their website for the Premium Package (most expensive package)

Premium Package

Cost of Rs. 210/graft*: (2.9€/graft/tax-inclusive)

Planning, designing, and 100% slits are done by Dr Pradeep Sethi or Dr Arika Bansal.

Complete involvement includes below:

• Designing the hairline.

• Crucial parts of extraction.

• Hairline implantation.

• Supervision of graft placement assisted by our expertly trained and experienced senior technicians.

Value-added benefits

• Nitrous oxide anaesthesia (optional) ensures conscious sedation and is extremely safe making anaesthesia step even more painless.

• Airport transfer, staying, and food for two nights are complimentary.

**In the previous Comprehensive and Exclusive Package, the hairline implantation was not done by the doctors. Complete hairline implantation has been incorporated at the request of many patients thus, introducing Premium Package.

@Grafts Hello Sir, First of all thank you for considering Eugenix for your hair transplantation.  Kindly let me clarify your doubts regarding Premium package.

Cost per Graft is INR 210 plus 18% GST ( €2.88 inclusive tax as on today.

Dr Arika will do designing and planning 

100% slits by Dr Arika 

100% Extraction by Dr Arika 

Hairline implantation ( Upto first two layers) by Dr Arika.

Remaining implantation will be done by senior technicians under the supervision of Dr.

Since we have been doing direct hair Transplant where Extraction and implantation is being done simultaneously it is not possible for one Dr to perform entire surgery.

Kind Regards
Abhinay Singh  -  I am no longer a representative for Eugenix Hair Sciences. If you want to contact them please see below:

Email : info@eugenix.in    WhatsApp Call/Message: +91 79-779-15534          My Hair Transplant Journey 
I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

37 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I like Dr. BF but he does not have half as many patient reviews as Dr. Bansal, @Fluffhead @Zoomster @paddyirishman @Ashishmehta to name a few.

My suggestion is to look up real reviews, then speak to actual patients via pm for their non biased opinions. Once you speak to real patients you’ll get a better sense. @Portugal25 probably the best one to talk to about Pekiner. 

@Grafts I fully agree with @Melvin-Moderator and advise you to PM @Rolandas so he can explain to you all about the technique and pain free anesthesia used by Dr. BF 

21 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

@Grafts I fully agree with @Melvin-Moderator and advise you to PM @Rolandas so he can explain to you all about the technique and pain free anesthesia used by Dr. BF 

Pain free anesthesia? I think it was just a regular anesthesia, but the way he does it feels like pain-free :D

• Haha 1

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

9 minutes ago, Rolandas said:

Pain free anesthesia? I think it was just a regular anesthesia, but the way he does it feels like pain-free :D

@PT#31compared it with the anesthesia he had with Pekiner and he told me that with Dr. BF he only felt the first sting and nothing during surgery while with Dr. Pekiner he did have some disconfort and felt stings from the anesthesia.  
I myself can only compare with my first FUT with Dr. Rahal and the anesthesia and discomfort during surgery was pretty much the same with Dr. Rahal and Dr. Pekiner. I felt some discomfort asked for more anesthesia and felt some stings (nothing out of the ordinary).

Edited by Portugal25

17 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

@PT#31compared it with the anesthesia he had with Pekiner and he told me that with Dr. BF he only felt the first sting and nothing during surgery while with Dr. Pekiner he did have some disconfort and felt stings from the anesthesia.  
I myself can only compare with my first FUT with Dr. Rahal and the anesthesia and discomfort during surgery was pretty much the same with Dr. Rahal and Dr. Pekiner. I felt some discomfort asked for more anesthesia and felt some stings (nothing out of the ordinary).

The way I see it - every surgeon does everything in their own way. It's highly unregulated industry.
I can just confirm that I was expecting pain 9/10 during the first shots of anesthesia, but to my surprise I had like 2/10 at best. By the end of the surgery anesthesia was wearing off, so I started feeling drilling my donor or incisions in recipient a bit more, but it wasn't painful, but rather you can actually feel something piercing your skin with no pain. Weird feeling :D Of course I've told this to Dr. Ferreira and he topped up my anesthesia.

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

I've had my transplant with Dr Pekiner 3 weeks ago and I can confirm the doctor ethics and skills.

I had 5% of miniaturized hairs on my donor but the others were thick caliber and he used those for the hairlines and crown. I've never seen better and more natural hairlines done by anyone else, apart from Dr. Couto and Dr. De Freitas in Spain. You can see it by yourself in an Italian forum through real patients reports:

This forum is a it biased negatively towards him due to the bad behaviour of his rep in one case.

Then my HT could still be a failure, I'm in early stages, but I can tell you the doctor has been proven to be super professional and really human.

• Like 2