Am I a good candidate for a HT? (worries about donor area, and later thinning)

Hi all,

I am 34 years old and I have been slowly losing hair through the years.

Could you please take a look at my diffused hair loss, and donor area?

I am seriously considering a HT very soon, but I am very concerned.

1. I feel like my donor area is thin.
2. Having dark hair and light brown skin will make FUE scars very visible.
3. I fear a couple of years after the HT, I lose the remaining non transplanted hair 

The initial plan is to move 3000 to 3500 crafts to reconstruct the hairline and fill the temples. 

I am just afraid that if the HT fails or if I continue losing lots of hair, I will not even be able to just shave my head.

What do you advice?

Cheers!

IMG_1933.jpg

IMG_1944.jpg

IMG_1948.jpg

Have you already tried shaving it off? I think your right to be concerned about where your loss is headed.

And yes your donor doesn’t look good for a large amount of grafts. 

You could try and do a consultation with Eugenix as they excel with high Norwood levels. 

But it could be a possibility your not suited for Hair Transplant. 

Edited by JohnAC71

You need to do a microscopic evaluation with a hair transplant surgeon.

I also having thinning in the donor area and from pictures it is hard to tell, but a surgeon will be able to evaluate your donor properly and discuss your options.

@johnAC, I consulted with HLC Ankara and they encouraged me to do the HT, but I sent them better looking photos (here we have strong light).

@asterix0, yeah this sounds like a better approach to it.

Thanks, and more opinions are more than welcome. 

Get your donor properly evaluated B4 you do anything. Get more than one expert opinion.

If that is good I would go on Fin for a year and see what happens.  Then transplant.   Remember, their is one thing worse than being bald.  That's being bald, paying someone a ton of money to fix it. Waking up with a screwed up head, in a ton of debt and still being bald.  Get informed, proceed with caution.  

Good luck

• Thanks 2

I agree, definitely get on Finasteride and Minoxidil. If nothing else, it will help maintain what you have for a lifetime.

Dr Arika and Dr Predeep are very honest with assessments, and Eugenix is quite awesome for those higher Norwoods for sure. Based on some of their clients, you are actually in better shape for a transplant. Maybe if you only had the option of scalp hair, you could be out of luck, but Eugenix thrives at Body hair, and they would assess that potential donor area as well. I've seen them get well over 2000 grafts from beard hair alone.

Edited by MazAB

• Administrators

Where do you live? I suggest going for an in person consultation to review your donor micrsocopically. Below is a list of our recommendations, you can see if there’s a surgeon in your area.

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp?sr=HRN-MOB

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hi Poma- If you haven't done so, check out Budhair HT located in this forum. He had a HT with Eugenix and a 2nd one ~1 year afterwards.

He was told he had a very weak/sparse donor area and may have been turned away by other places. In his 1st HT with Eugenix, he had ~6,000 grafts, with over half being beard hairs. He was a NW 6- pretty much slick bald and I thought the results looked very good covering most of the head with the exception of the crown. He went back to Eugenix and had a 2nd HT a year later (I think ~2,400 grafts) which covered most everything- he has since had some issues with losing hair from the 2nd HT, but the doctor feels that hair will come back. 

I am not a doctor so I can't assess donor areas, but for one thing, you have a lot more hair on top.

What I learned form his story is the possibility of what can be achieved!

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Poma said:

Thanks all for the information.
I will get consulted in person before I proceed.

Do you think micro pigmentation can be a temporary solution in my case?

@Melvin-Moderator I live in Germany, Hamburg. I couldn't find any closeby surgeon in that list.

It may be a solution, have you tried shaving? If you don’t like shaving than smp will not be a solution. You’ve been given good information. Eugenix has a lot of cases where they’ve transformed patients like yourself. Check out Rahuls story

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.