2480 Grafts with Doctor Luis Nader

FFD1977

2480 Grafts with Doctor Luis Nader

Its been 10 months since my procedure and I figured I'd share what has proven to be a very positive outcome from my procedure with Dr. Nader.

I'm in my early 40's. In the my late 20's, I noticed my hair thinning (though my hairline had been receding slowly since I was 18.) Prior to my procedure, I had diffuse thinning, particularly in the crown, and, most disturbingly, in the front-center of my hairline. I had enough hair so that it could look OK when cut and arranged properly, but the illusion was fragile, and could easily be disrupted. Also, strong direct light revealed the extent of my thinning. I was concerned about my hair all the time and felt that it was not quite embarrassing, but had taken the confidence I had previously felt about my appearance. 

A close friend of mine found Dr. Nader and had a life changing result. (https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/54751-4350-fue-dr-nader-7months/?tab=comments#comment-553100) After doing some additonal research, I attempted to contact his office multiple times by email but didn't hear back. I asked my friend to share Dr. Nader's number with me. (He texts with patients extensively.) Dr. Nader responded right away. After exchanging some texts about my hair loss history, he told me to email his office and to include that I had been approved by him as a patient. This time, I heard back in a day or two, and was given a few options for procedure dates. I booked. 

Everything about pre-procedure communication, my trip, and the procedure itself went smoothly and easily. Dr. Nader's kindness and professionalism we're evident from the moment I met him. I felt at ease throughout.

After the procedure, I felt self-conscious on my way back to the hotel with my head wrapped in bandages and a surgical cap, but other than that there was no great inconvenience. Ten days after my procedure I was no longer wearing a hat and traces of my procedure were barely evident. The months after the procedure, when the transplants were shedding, were difficult mentally, but by month 5 the regrowth was promising, and right at the 8 month mark the regrowth started to fill in and thicken to a point that I could get a sense of what my final result would be. Other than maintaining my longstanding regimen of Minox, Spectral DNC, and vitamins and herbs, I don't think much about my hair anymore. I'm extremely happy with my result. Its a relief not to feel insecure about my hair anymore.

I may go back to Dr. Nader to improve some things that still bother me slightly. Had I had a better sense of what I wanted, I probably could have had those covered by a few hundred more grafts in my first procedure. My thinning was patchy and there are a couple of small spots at the back of my frontal third that are still slightly thin. My sense is that Dr. Nader is conservative in his approach - he prefers to leave as many donor follicles for later procedures, should you need them. So, if you’d like to be more aggressive, then you’ll need to know what that means and request it. Had I had a better sense of things like grafts per square cm., and been slightly more aggressive with my hairline, I'd be even happier. That said, Dr. Nader delivered exactly what I asked for. Overall, I'm thrilled with the transformation and grateful to Dr. Nader and his team for what they've done for me. I wish I had done it earlier.

I'll post some photos to go along with this account. They’re not scientific in any way but they give a clear sense of the dramatic improvement.

The night before my procedure.

1.jpg

The night before my procedure.

2.jpg

1 day after.

3.jpg

10 days after.

4.jpg

9 1/2 months.

5.jpg

9 1/2 months.

6.jpg

Edited by FFD1977
Typos
  • Like 2

giegnosiganoe,

Thanks! Its not quite what it was when I was 18, but its better than it was when I first realized I was losing my hair. 

Half the grafts were placed in the crown and the other half at and around the hairline and temples. 

I use Minox and Spectral DNC with a dermaroller. 13 years ago, I tried fin for a week, but found the sides disturbing and stopped. So I don't use fin. 

I use a prostate supplement by Arazo Nutrition that includes many of the natural herbs that are thought to help with hair loss. Its very reasonably priced. I also take Biotin and Turmeric. 

I'll take some additional pics of the crown and post them here tomorrow or the next day. 

Also, my result is still improving noticeably as the months progress.

Edited by FFD1977
forgot to answer all questions
  • Like 2

Gatsby,

As I mentioned in my response to giegnosiganoeI briefly tried fin when I first decided to try to improve my hairloss situation 13 years ago. I found the sides disturbing and stopped after a week. I won't take it again. 

That said, with my current regimen, the advancement of my thinning in the crown was been very slow. Most of my hair loss occurred during a particularly stressful couple of years. I regrew a lot of hair on minox and Spectral DNC and have not experienced much loss in the last decade. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HTHope said:

How does your donor look?

My donor looks pristine. If my hair is a quarter inch or longer, which it is almost all the time, its undetectable. 

With my hair buzzed in the back you can see a subtle difference in density between the donor and the hair below and above, but you'd really have to be looking for it. Also, it seems to be becoming less evident over time. 

59 minutes ago, jimcraig152 said:

Donor pics please. Particularly soon after the procedure would be awesome. Otherwise, outstanding work. Congrats!

This is 5 days after my procedure. (I have a couple of small, non-procedure related scars in my donor area.)

7.thumb.jpg.e5437e26c984460d8befaa4055834e63.jpg

Edited by FFD1977
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Kaya said:

Looks very good. How much does he charge?

My procedure was around $5,500. You will have to fly to McAllen, Texas at your own expense. Dr. Nader will have a driver pick you up from your hotel. He will subtract the cost of your hotel from the price of the procedure. There is a discount for paying with cash or a cashiers check. I don't recall the discount, but it may be ten percent. 

1 hour ago, FFD1977 said:

This is 5 days after my procedure. (I have a couple of small, non-procedure related scars in my donor area.)

Stunning brutha, just stunning. A shining example of why you pay extra to go with FUE over FUT.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

How did you contact Nader?  How long did it take to get an initial response?  How was communication after they contacted you?  I've been trying for months and have not gotten a response.  What's your advice on getting them to respond?  How far from the bridge is his office?   Did you feel at risk going in to Reynosa?   Was the cost about $2.20 per graft?