Surgeon advice

Hello everybody, I'm a new user of this forum, and I have 32 years old. This is my situation (2 days ago). 

I tried to get dr. Pekiner to have surgery with him, but he refused me considering my evolving situation too risky. 

I also contacted dr. Feriduni and dr. De Freitas and I'm waiting their answer. 

My cure is Minoxidil 5% 3 ml one time at day. I have to start taking Finasteride again. 

Could you advice me a good surgeon for my situation?

Thanks 🙂

ImmagineA.png

ImmagineB.png

ImmagineC.png

ImmagineD.png

ImmagineE.png

ImmagineF.png

ImmagineG.png

ImmagineH.png

ImmagineI.png

ImmagineL.png

ImmagineM.png

ImmagineN.png

ImmagineO.png

ImmagineP.png

ImmagineQ.png

ImmagineR.png

ImmagineS.png

ImmagineT.png

ImmagineU.png

ImmagineV.png

Why did Dr Pekiner reject you? Was it because you weren't taking finasteride?

Also can you tell us more about your hair loss pattern? You obviously have very diffuse loss up until NW3, but is the rest of your hair also diffusing to a lesser extent? Hard to tell with pics only at this short length.

Edited by giegnosiganoe

Thanks for your answer. 

Dr. Pekiner rejected me due, in his opinion, to the large size of areas in androgenetic miniaturization that will wreck the successful of transplant and its durability. 

Regarding to my pattern:

- maternal grandfather: NW0

- father: NW 5

- maternal uncle: NW 6

In the rest of head I have a good situation, except in the middle where it's indeed showing a miniaturization (that I hope to regain starting with finasteride).

Do you have any suggestion? I contacted now Dr. Rahal. 

PS: My budget is 8-10k.

31 minutes ago, servonoparecchicapelli said:

Thanks for your answer. 

Dr. Pekiner rejected me due, in his opinion, to the large size of areas in androgenetic miniaturization that will wreck the successful of transplant and its durability. 

Regarding to my pattern:

- maternal grandfather: NW0

- father: NW 5

- maternal uncle: NW 6

In the rest of head I have a good situation, except in the middle where it's indeed showing a miniaturization (that I hope to regain starting with finasteride).

Do you have any suggestion? I contacted now Dr. Rahal. 

PS: My budget is 8-10k.

How did Dr Pekiner/you confirm that miniaturization is only happening in the middle? I would find it hard to tell from these pics where your hair is cut so short. Did you meet with him in person? 

Looks like you've had a procedure before, that doesn't look like a natural loss pattern on your hairline. Did alot of the grafts not take root or have they since miniaturized too? That may be why you are being rejected too.

image.png.594498af6c032840a41ae3e904d2bc67.png

2 minutes ago, giegnosiganoe said:

How did Dr Pekiner/you confirm that miniaturization is only happening in the middle? I would find it hard to tell from these pics where your hair is cut so short. Did you meet with him in person? 

No, I'm the one that says that miniaturization is only happening in the middle: I didn't do a dermatoscopy visit but I can see for myself. Sadly I can't meet him in person.

5 minutes ago, ciaus said:

Looks like you've had a procedure before, that doesn't look like a natural loss pattern on your hairline. Did alot of the grafts not take root or have they since miniaturized too? That may be why you are being rejected too.

image.png.594498af6c032840a41ae3e904d2bc67.png

Yes, I did in the past a first surgery: 700 uf approximately but almost no unit took root. I don't know if this is the reason why he rejected me.

Finasteride is going to lower the DHT in your blood, but it doesn't eliminate it. Your hairs will still be exposed to some DHT and over time depending on how sensitive your hair follicles are to DHT, you may still lose alot of them. You don't want to think of finasteride as a cure, it helps delay your loss, hopefully for many years.

If you had a good doctor and technicians do your failed previous procedure, and you followed all of the post procedure care instructions from the doctor, you may just have a bad physiology when it comes to successfully rooting transplanted hairs.

If you do try another procedure better to make it a smaller one to see if you have the same bad outcome again.

When was your previous Ht? If it was 700 grafts it does seem you had some growth on the hairline. Which at least shows that you may have some success in a  skilled Drs hands. Be interesting to hear what the other clinics say when they do reply. 

• Valued Contributor

I would get in touch with teams such as Eugenix, etc and provide them with all of your history and good quality photos of your hair/donor, etc. If your hair in general is suffering from miniaturization a transplant just now could make your current situation far worse in the long run. If you're patient and do your research you will get out of this. It's finding the right answer to the right problem. All the best!

• Administrators

Invest in yourself it’s the best investment you can make. If you got botched at Turkey why go again? Definitely consult with Bisanga, Maras, to name a few. Take a look at our recommendations, and consult with as many as possible to get a general consensus. 

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp?sr=HRN-MOB

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 10/6/2020 at 7:19 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Invest in yourself it’s the best investment you can make. If you got botched at Turkey why go again? Definitely consult with Bisanga, Maras, to name a few. Take a look at our recommendations, and consult with as many as possible to get a general consensus. 

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp?sr=HRN-MOB

Thanks for your answer Melvin. Do you think that they are good doctors? I checked it out, opinions and reports about them are really differing...

• Administrators

Bisanga and Maras are excellent doctors, as is Feriduni, I dont know enough of Freitas, but I’ve heard he’s good. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.