Nicotine chewing gum after hair transplant ?

Dear all

Do you think chewing Nicotine chewing gum will make a significant negative impact on healing and graft survival rate after a fue hair transplant ?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts

I smoked after all 4 of my HT procedures and never experienced any issues with it regarding healing or the regrowth...but could it have been different if I did not smoke?...thank goodness I finally quit.

Just about ant HT doctor would ill advise any form of nicotine post-op.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Not a nicotine product, but I used Chantix throughout my recovery.  If you can afford it, I highly recommend Chantix.  With BC/BS my co-pay was still $135.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2020 at 8:28 PM, Dazed said:

Not a nicotine product, but I used Chantix throughout my recovery.  If you can afford it, I highly recommend Chantix.  With BC/BS my co-pay was still $135.

I am surprised that your copay was that much.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY