Dr. Hasson /6,048 Grafts/ FUE/ 1 Session/ 10 months post-op

This Vancouver area patient in his mid-30’s was increasingly having trouble styling his hair to conceal the thinning areas. He initially filled out the online consultation form from our website. We estimated something in the 4,000 to 5,000 graft range via FUE to be possible and would achieve a significant cosmetic improvement. Due to his proximity to the clinic, we also invited him in for an in house evaluation. Considering all factors associated with his donor hair and the areas to restore, Dr. Hasson determined something closer to 6,000 may be possible and necessary considering his above average stature and larger than average sized head. Ultimately 6,048 FUE grafts were harvested over 2 days. Day 1 yielded 300 single hair grafts, 1,508 doubles and 1,298 3-4 hair grafts for a total of 3106 grafts. Day 2 completed the task with an additional 2,942 grafts. 1270 doubles and 1,672 3-4 hair grafts. These photos were taken 10 months post-op.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

5a.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

• Like 2

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com

Donor region looks untouched.  Unbelievable!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• Administrators

HOLY 😳🤯 fantastic job another homerun from Hasson and Wong 👏🏼Back in the days, these results were only seen with strip. Showcases what was opposed for many years, FUE is a viable technique, even for Norwood 5+

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 10/2/2020 at 7:12 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

HOLY 😳🤯 fantastic job another homerun from Hasson and Wong 👏🏼Back in the days, these results were only seen with strip. Showcases what was opposed for many years, FUE is a viable technique, even for Norwood 5+

wow how did they manage 6000 grafts ... considering his donor looks just average ?  amazing 

Thx for the comments guys!

On 10/2/2020 at 4:03 AM, deitel130 said:

Truly impressive. Is the patient on any meds? Does he have any grafts remaining for beefing up the crown in future if needed although he did manage to get some coverage.

deitel130,

He was on Proscar at the time of his procedure and continues its use. We estimate about 3,000 grafts left in reserve. 

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com

On 10/7/2020 at 4:37 PM, Curious25 said:

Incredible. Well done to all involved. 

The patient must be thrilled, he has literally lost 10-15 years.

What were his pre op donor densities? 

Thx for the additional comments guys!

Curisous25,

Yes, he is quite pleased as you can imagine and I will post a video soon in which he shares some of his thoughts on his experience. 

Dr. Hasson rated his density at slightly above average. On a scale of 1 to 5, he was somewhere between a 3 and 4. Overall donor hair was about average, maybe slightly above and rated a 3. This takes into consideration a comprehensive overview of the quality and quantity of the donor area. These numbers may not always translate from patient to patient as far as how many total grafts may be available in reserve. Taking into consideration this patient had a larger sized head as mentioned, the square centimeters of available donor hair would also be larger and therefore the total donor bank would likely have more grafts in this case than someone with the same rating and a smaller sized head.  

Hassonandwong.com

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/1/2020 at 5:53 PM, H & W Doug said:

7.jpg

^^This photo^^ is the definition of being given a new lease in life. As for the photo below, this exemplifies why one would pay extra $$$ for FUE in the first place. 6000 units. It's like the math can't possibly add up.

Dr. Hasson did this man a solid. Well done sir!

On 10/1/2020 at 5:53 PM, H & W Doug said:

12.jpg

Excellent result no doubt

Just a question.

How can you take that many grafts in two sessions? 

Majority of clinics in USA/Europe excluding Turkey wont take more than 3500 grafts and make you come back in a year if you need to

do more work eg crown.

What is the reason for this does anyone know? Doner area maybe?

• 2 weeks later...

Thx for the comments guys!

Coady,

Thank you for the comment and question.

There are a few factors involved to determine what may be possible when formulating a realistic game plan. In this case or any case for that matter, there can be a big difference between the potential accomplishments from clinic A and clinic B. To achieve this result in one session, there are certain factors that need to be in place:

#1 and perhaps the most important, a highly skilled surgeon with a talented and experienced staff with the right technology at their disposal. #2 and perhaps as important would be that the quality and quantity of the donor hair has to be sufficient. Other factors such as final hair loss pattern, supply versus demand also play a role but without the first two, this result coupled with responsible preservation of the remaining donor area is likely not possible.  

It is possible and likely however that for most clinics there are limitations as to what they can achieve. These limitations my include a smaller staff which would not enable them to successfully execute a procedure of this size. It is also possible that the staff would be able to handle a large procedure but the surgeon may not possess the skill and technology to place the grafts at the appropriate density that would allow for this type of number and coverage.

• Like 1

Hassonandwong.com