2200 grafts by Dr. Hasson

Retressed

Can’t say enough good things about the clinic. Lives up to the billing you always here mentioned with it. Only note I’d make for people going into things is the swelling is real and really sucks and sleeping comfortably the first few days after can be a challenge. After that it’s pretty smooth sailing. 

I’ll update this periodically 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Looks excellent, clean, refined work as we come to expect from Hasson and Wong.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

By the way how old are you?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Recipient looks clean and donor immaculate , I’m sure this will be a lovely result come a few months! 

Once again a question for @H & W Doug please, which still hasn’t been answered every time I’ve asked on either a H&W or Diep thread - why is the extraction pattern so large and out of the traditional safe zone ? I’m not insinuating any negativity by this, it’s a genuine question - because surely if this pattern is deemed safe and acceptable, peoples donor capacities vía FUE are going to double. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

By the way how old are you?

11 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Your donor looks excellent! Look forward to following your progress. All the best!

Cheers. Yeah I couldn’t believe how quickly it went back to looking normal. You could never tell anything was done and I feel confident cutting it down to a 0.5. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Curious25 said:

Recipient looks clean and donor immaculate , I’m sure this will be a lovely result come a few months! 

Once again a question for @H & W Doug please, which still hasn’t been answered every time I’ve asked on either a H&W or Diep thread - why is the extraction pattern so large and out of the traditional safe zone ? I’m not insinuating any negativity by this, it’s a genuine question - because surely if this pattern is deemed safe and acceptable, peoples donor capacities vía FUE are going to double. 

Hi Curious25,

Thank you for the question. I would not say the extractions are outside of the traditional safe zone. Each "safe" zone varies from patient to patient. For instance, a stage 6 will have potential or realized loss farther down below the crown whorl and therefore less area to harvest from compared to a stage 5A. The lower the number on the Norwood scale, the larger the safe zone will be compared to say a stage 7. Unfortunately, conversely the higher the number on the scale, the smaller the safe zone. Maybe a more accurate statement might be: Donor capacities via FUE for Norwood scale 2-4's may be double that of stages 6-7.

• Like 3

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com

• Administrators
45 minutes ago, H & W Doug said:

Hi Curious25,

Thank you for the question. I would not say the extractions are outside of the traditional safe zone. Each "safe" zone varies from patient to patient. For instance, a stage 6 will have potential or realized loss farther down below the crown whorl and therefore less area to harvest from compared to a stage 5A. The lower the number on the Norwood scale, the larger the safe zone will be compared to say a stage 7. Unfortunately, conversely the higher the number on the scale, the smaller the safe zone. Maybe a more accurate statement might be: Donor capacities via FUE for Norwood scale 2-4's may be double that of stages 6-7.

Great response, there’s no “traditional” zone as we all have different patterns. 

View my thread

Dr Hasson and Dr Wong are such wonderful doctors. I have heard only good about them. And their results are extremely amazing. I am already 100% assured that you will have great results. 

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

8 hours ago, H & W Doug said:

Hi Curious25,

Thankyou for your response Doug. 

Hey @Retressed have you got any before pictures that you'd be willing to share.  Very curious as I'm interested in H&W and they recommended a very similar # of grafts for me.  No worries if not, but might be helpful for all to see!

Cheers!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, H & W Doug said:

Hi Curious25,

How do you establish a "safe zone" for a 29 years old though?

I guess the patient needs to provide a family history of AGA progression in his relatives or pictures. Is that correct?

13 hours ago, H & W Doug said:

Hi Curious25,

Doug - could you elaborate on how Dr Hasson can determine that a patient is going to reach NW5A as opposed to NW6/7? Is it based on checking for miniaturisation across the whole scalp, and to what degree of accuracy can this be safe to assume? Thanks again, 

• Like 1

Looks amazing man. I just had something similar done with Dr. Hasson a couple weeks before you. Wish you all the best during the recovery process. Make sure you take care of those precious grafts during the first week. Also, I wish someone would have told me. this - try to really enjoy the period from week 2 until the time you shed - it's a true testament to how you will feel after everything grows in. Hold onto that feeling because by week 4, you will likely shed and enter the ugly duckling phase - which is a huge buzz kill.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Flash10 said:

Looks amazing man. I just had something similar done with Dr. Hasson a couple weeks before you. Wish you all the best during the recovery process. Make sure you take care of those precious grafts during the first week. Also, I wish someone would have told me. this - try to really enjoy the period from week 2 until the time you shed - it's a true testament to how you will feel after everything grows in. Hold onto that feeling because by week 4, you will likely shed and enter the ugly duckling phase - which is a huge buzz kill.

Cheers. Yeah we weren’t too far apart and had similar work done. Should be fun to track each others progress! I opted to keep the top longer so I’m not enjoying that full buzz cut look now but during the shedding stage I’m planning on rocking a gnarly comb over to try and hide things a bit. We’ll see how it works out, thankfully I can work with a hat on.  

• Like 1

On 10/2/2020 at 7:35 AM, Cristero said:

How do you establish a "safe zone" for a 29 years old though?

I guess the patient needs to provide a family history of AGA progression in his relatives or pictures. Is that correct?

Cristero,

There can be several factors involved when determining safe zones, final hair loss pattern etc. If a patient is going to end up a stage 7, miniaturization and thinning of the non safe zone will usually show signs visible to the doctor by the age of 29. In nearly all cases, the more aggressive the final hair loss pattern, the earlier it will show its signs. The doctor will take in all the factors such as family history, use of medication but examination of the areas in question will usually be the most important part of the diagnosis. And like anything else, experience and knowledge is important and after seeing tens of thousands of cases, they get pretty good at it. In my nearly 20 years at Hasson and Wong, I've not seen a case where one of our patients was harvested outside of the safe zone. Often times the strongest hair is fairly high up.

• Like 1

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com