FUE - Given an Uneven Hairline

Brad189

This picture is a couple days after an FUE procedure I had done.  I plan on doing a full review/write-up after I hear your feedback and the clinic's feedback.  In the picture, I'm staring straight ahead and drew a line from my nose up to where it intersects with the lowest temple.  You can clearly see the unevenness in the hairline. 

Looking straight on to the picture, the upper left temple has a lot of area not grafted into.  Additionally, the lower left section of the picture has a lot less graft coverage compared to the lower right section.  I expressed my concern of it not looking even but was assured it was a good hairline.

I understand hairlines aren't 100% symmetrical but this looks bad?  Perhaps it will be alright when (and if) everything grows in and I should give it a chance?  If not, I may go to a different doctor down the line to get it corrected.

100.thumb.png.2b49e417d8f19aa899b1d0c25116227b.png

Edited by Brad189
  • Like 1

• Brad189 changed the title to FUE - Given an Uneven Hairline
  • Valued Contributor

Who performed the surgery? All 'natural' looking hairlines are 'asymmetrical' and differ from person to person. I wouldn't worry about your hairline design at all. It's the hairline's that look 'perfect' that don't look 'natural.' All the best and I look forward to you sharing your results. Take care.

• Like 5

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Brad189 said:

Wish i could tell you who did the surgery. The doctor i thought was going to do it did 2 things: drew the hairline and removed the bandages. The rest was done by two ladies i was never introduced to.

Did you go to Turkey?

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

10 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Who performed the surgery? All 'natural' looking hairlines are 'asymmetrical' and differ from person to person. I wouldn't worry about your hairline design at all. It's the hairline's that look 'perfect' that don't look 'natural.' All the best and I look forward to you sharing your results. Take care.

+1. Your hairline design looks pretty good to me, assuming there have been micro irregularities placed in. It's very easy to get caught up into over analysing the work in the days immediately post op, but unfortunately the best, and only advice anyone can give you is to be patient and wait for things to grow in for you to be able to accurately assess the situation.  

2 hours ago, Brad189 said:

Wish i could tell you who did the surgery. The doctor i thought was going to do it did 2 things: drew the hairline and removed the bandages. The rest was done by two ladies i was never introduced to.

This is concerning. If you were led to believe that it was going to be a doctor led procedure during the consultation, I would suggest taking this up with the clinic. This isn't to say your results wont be as expected, because there are some great teams of technicians performing surgeries across the globe, however if you were misled - this is an issue. 

• Like 1

I suppose if I were 8 feet tall looking down at your head and your head was a little bit off kilter, I would agree with you.  

Nothing is symmetrical and nothing is perfect - that would be disastrous and boring.  If your grafts grow in as planned, you should look great.  

• Like 2

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

It's illegal in the US for unlicensed techs to score the skin.  So, they aren't allowed to remove grafts or make incisions. If this is true in your case that the surgeon didn't perform these parts of the operation, then you should report it to the state medical board and they should file a medical malpractice lawsuit against the clinic. The United States is not Turkey despite the surgeon being from there. 

Edited by ruca2
  • Like 1

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

Did you not agree to the hairline design when they ✍️ it out? Most everyone gives you a mirror before putting you in the chair before surgery. I know in my first procedure I wanted it slightly lower and some adjustments on the temples corners before we both agreed on the balanced hairline. To avoid more hair placed in one spot vs another a grid of placement and even numbers of grafts in each grid would definitely reduce that oversight. 

8 hours ago, ruca2 said:

It's illegal in the US for unlicensed techs to score the skin.  So, they aren't allowed to remove grafts or make incisions. If this is true in your case that the surgeon didn't perform these parts of the operation, then you should report it to the state medical board and they should file a medical malpractice lawsuit against the clinic. The United States is not Turkey despite the surgeon being from there. 

Im not sure of theyre licensed or not or how I'd find that out.

6 hours ago, Guy73 said:

Did you not agree to the hairline design when they ✍️ it out? Most everyone gives you a mirror before putting you in the chair before surgery. I know in my first procedure I wanted it slightly lower and some adjustments on the temples corners before we both agreed on the balanced hairline. To avoid more hair placed in one spot vs another a grid of placement and even numbers of grafts in each grid would definitely reduce that oversight. 

The hairline was drawn with me sitting in front of a mirror.  The hairline drawn was initially too low because i preferred more density. When it was final, i mentioned it didnt look even but was told it was so i doubted myself and put my trust in the doctor.

• Administrators
33 minutes ago, Brad189 said:

The hairline was drawn with me sitting in front of a mirror.  The hairline drawn was initially too low because i preferred more density. When it was final, i mentioned it didnt look even but was told it was so i doubted myself and put my trust in the doctor.

At this point, there’s no use in stressing, it’s already done. I’ll say the height and shape looks good. I’m skeptical on how the procedure was carried out, or how that’s even legal in the states, but that’s neither here nor there.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 10 months later...

IT is impossible to say anything by that picture expecially with swelling and blood.  you should send us more footage. However, as far as i know no hairline should be completely simmetrical in order to be natural. It doesn't look bad to me but if u don't like it that should be easy to conceal.

Edited by mxm56

• 1 year later...
9 hours ago, Birkenstock said:

Could you do show an update on your progress since its been almost 2 years. I am going for a consultation with this same doctor..

brother good luck, its been 2 years since he has logged on....also he never named the doctor so how are you going for a consult with the "same" doctor lol? good luck

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...