Planing to make an HT soon (24yo)

Hey everybody, 

I started balding at age 18

I used minoxidil for a year(20-21) an had great result, then it stop effecting me so I have stoped using it. 

My dad used Propecia, and told me not even try using it becouse he got inreverseable sexual side effects. 

So i don't even take it as an option. 

I am thinking alot about hair transplant, and I would like to do it in turkey. 

I did saw alot of posts that would not recommend doing HT before age of 25 but I don't any other option. 

I do aware of that I'm still young and the hair will continue to reduce, but still I can make another HT in a few years 

Please give me your opinion and recommendations. 

20200927_003155.jpg

20200927_003053.jpg

20200927_002927.jpg

20200927_002850.jpg

20200927_002747.jpg

20200923_231457.jpg

Edited by Hair_hunter

Based on your pics looks like you could be headed towards the most aggressive pattern - norwood 7. Even if you were taking finasteride hair transplants will be pretty risky for you long term as far as giving you a good result. There is a topical DHT blocker that doesn't have the side effects like finasteride, it will probably be FDA approved in a couple of years, wait and try that, see if it stabilizes you, and if so maybe then look at hair transplants again.

https://www.hairlosslearningcenter.org/topic/is-clasceterone-cb-03-01-hair-loss-cure-weve-been-waiting-for/3462

image.thumb.png.82698c30dc285c604d70316c37f6b1c7.png

Edited by ciaus

Sorry that you have such aggressive hair loss for your age. Your donor doesn’t look that great to be honest. Have you tried shaving your head yet?

Without Fin or any maintenance meds your going to face more loss sooner rather than later. 

You could just end up chasing the loss and end up with a  over harvested donor area. 

1 hour ago, ciaus said:

Based on your pics looks like you could be headed towards the most aggressive pattern - norwood 7. Even if you were taking finasteride hair transplants will be pretty risky for you long term as far as giving you a good result. There is a topical DHT blocker that doesn't have the side effects like finasteride, it will probably be FDA approved in a couple of years, wait and try that, see if it stabilizes you, and if so maybe then look at hair transplants again.

https://www.hairlosslearningcenter.org/topic/is-clasceterone-cb-03-01-hair-loss-cure-weve-been-waiting-for/3462

image.thumb.png.82698c30dc285c604d70316c37f6b1c7.png

I really hope you are worng and I will not get into Norwood 7.

Actually no one in my family has gone into this kind of baldness. 

My dad is 55 yo and his maybe a Norwood 4

I always had big temple,maybe that will give you some Indication of the reduced hairline I have been through. 

I'm adding a picture of me at 17 yo before I started feeling reduced hairline. 

20200927_024417.jpg

59 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Sorry that you have such aggressive hair loss for your age. Your donor doesn’t look that great to be honest. Have you tried shaving your head yet?

Without Fin or any maintenance meds your going to face more loss sooner rather than later. 

You could just end up chasing the loss and end up with a  over harvested donor area. 

Hey, 

Thanks you for replay. 

Yes I did shaved it a few years back. And didn't like the look. 

How bald should I get to start thinking about HT

1 hour ago, transplantedphil said:

your crown dips so low that if you decided to get a HT at your age with your level of aggressive loss in Turkey it's pretty much game over.

Im not trying to make you upset or anything, but being bald is 100x better than a botched HT, which Is what I think what will happen if you pursued surgery now. best to wait and see how your hair loss progresses.

Hey, 

I just can't make an HT now and in a 2-3 years make another one for covering other hair that fell off? 

It all depends on our donor area/zone and how much can be taken safely. A decent consultation with a few top clinics would help. 
You might not have enough hair to keep chasing the loss. A decent clinic won’t do a HT on someone under 25. And it’s likely they suggest your on finasteride too. You don’t want to end up with a mothball effect on your donor area from over harvesting.

Heed all of the warnings above.  If you get a HT, in Turkey, without using Fin - then I can guarantee that you will regret it the rest of your life.  Cias is 100% right, your donor in the back is a huge red flag. Just because no one in your immediate family didn't become a NW7 doesn't mean you won't.  Both of my grandpa's are in their 90's and they have better heads of hair than I do. 

• Like 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• Valued Contributor

Hair_Hunter I no you don't want to hear this but you have all the ingredients for the perfect storm for a hair transplant that you will very soon regret. Your young age, going to Turkey, hair loss pattern, your expectations, etc are just some of the reasons why . You need to do a lot of research and ask a lot of questions (this forum is the best place for that) before even thinking of pulling the trigger. There are drugs that are available now and in the very near future that could do far more to help you. All the best.

10 hours ago, transplantedphil said:

Such an approach didnt end up well for this gentleman; 

It's not about how bald you get before you should get a HT, but about your hair loss being stable. You dont take meds, youre very young, and your hair loss is very aggressive. You also look like you're headed for NW7 territory. All of this makes you a terrible candidate for surgery and will likely make you end up a long term repair patient.

Getting a HT is not scarless, the results are permanent, and you cant simply assume you can go back in 2-3 years and cover the same areas that fell out. You wont look natural. 

Some of The best words I’ve ever read