Dr. Hasson /2155 Grafts/ FUE/ 1 Session/ 18 months post-op

When this Vancouver area patient came to us about his hair loss, it bothered him to a considerable degree. However, at the time of his procedure, he was not in a position to commit too many resources to his hair. While Dr. Hasson believed the best possible result would require something in the 4000 to 5,000 graft range, this patient asked what would be the minimum amount of grafts that could still achieve a substantial cosmetic impact with the idea he could have more later. It was determined that if Dr. Hasson could rebuild a nice hairline and add adequate density to the frontal zone, there was enough hair behind the frontal zone in the mid-scalp and crown if grown long enough to create a nice amount of coverage and blend with the reconstructed frontal zone. Given all factors, something in the 2,000 graft range was estimated to be enough to achieve the goal for the first procedure. 2155 were ultimately harvested and 362 were single hair grafts, 1473 were doubles and 320 were 3-4 hair grafts. The plan was to reevaluate a possible second session once the first session was fully grown in and financial resources were replenished.  With the exception of the last photo set, these photos represent the 2155 FUE result 18 months later taken before his second procedure to address the mid-scalp and crown. The last photo set at the bottom represents the 1 day post-op from his second procedure to complete restoration of the mid-scalp and crown. 3200 grafts were employed for round two and we hope to have updates on that in the future.

1.thumb.jpg.bcb851c7d15c29832bc690f868a210a6.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

• Like 1

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com

Big difference for 2K grafts!  Was FUT considered at all given the patient's financial situation (I'm not exactly sure how much cheaper it would have been) and the extent of his hair loss?  It looks as though he wears his hair plenty long enough in the back to hide a linear scar.  Great to see he got 3,200 grafts the 2nd round! 🙌

• Like 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Thank you JohnAC71. 

On 9/25/2020 at 5:12 PM, aaron1234 said:

Big difference for 2K grafts!  Was FUT considered at all given the patient's financial situation (I'm not exactly sure how much cheaper it would have been) and the extent of his hair loss?  It looks as though he wears his hair plenty long enough in the back to hide a linear scar.  Great to see he got 3,200 grafts the 2nd round! 🙌

Thank you aaron1234,

FUT was considered but the patient in the end preferred FUE and liked the idea of not having a scar.

• Like 1

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com

Wow, that's an amazing result for the amount of grafts used!

I'm really impressed with H&W and have been looking into their work a lot, I'll possibly use them for my second procedure. 

Edited by Kruchie

• 4 weeks later...