Looking for Some Sage Advice

pryzbo646

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking to get some advice from the forum surrounding my future hair loss, plans, etc.  The attached images are my current state of loss. 

I am 31 and have been receiving PRP treatments 3-4 times per year, concentrating mostly on the hairline/temples/temple points.  The PRP has definitely slowed down my hair loss (on the hairline) and even helped restore my crown to the point where I don't use concealer anymore.   My plan is to continue PRP for the foreseeable future - as I've been receiving it since age 26 and it's in my budget.

When I was 22 I tried Fin, had endocrine/mental health side effects and stopped.  Afterward, I switched to Rogaine for several years until I started PRP.  I have consulted with several leading docs from the forums online.  Many have recommended a smallish (1500-2000) hairline restoration procedure.  FUE has been the most suggested method. 

If I get a hairline restoration and continue with the PRP, do you think I'll get a few years in before needing more work done?

I am not willing to go back on Fin.  Essentially, I am hoping to nail down a solid, age appropriate hairline and maintain what I have for as long as possible.  The inevitable march of MPB behind the transplanted area is what worries me.  I am not opposed to wearing a hair system in conjunction with transplanted hair - farther down the road. 

Do I need to lose more hair in order to get a good, longer lasting result along the hairline? 

Any advice or examples of other forum members in similar situation are greatly appreciated!  Thank you!

IMG_2227.HEIC.jpg

IMG_2228 2.HEIC.jpg

IMG_2233.HEIC.jpg

IMG_2236.HEIC.jpg

IMG_2237.HEIC.jpg

IMG_2240.HEIC.jpg

IMG_2242.HEIC.jpg

• Administrators

Your hair loss is so minimal you’re probably the only one who notices. Continue doing what you’re doing. Maybe breezula if it gets FDA approved. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

You have an age appropriate hairline already.

You could put in 700-800 grafts to improve it slightly, but unless the doctor is high tier it could end up looking worse. The reason being they may put hairs in which are too thick while the surrounding ones are slowly miniaturising.  Not to mention the risk of shock loss or poor growth.

Only you can really weigh up the risk versus reward in terms of how bothersome that hairline is for you.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• Moderators
2 hours ago, pryzbo646 said:

Essentially, I am hoping to nail down a solid, age appropriate hairline and maintain what I have for as long as possible.

Right now you have a good hairline for 31 years old. I wouldn't do anything as far as hair transplants right now. You have a good natural hairline and some thick hair. A hair transplant can make it worse as it probably won't look as natural. Enjoy your hair. You have more than most of us.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.